Metal Storm logo
Burzum - Varg Vikernes Arrested In France (Update)

UPDATE on 17.07.2013 [Thanks to Carl Berg]: According to Euronews, there doesn't seem to be much evidence suggesting that Varg Vikernes was planning any sort of terrorist action. It seems that the arrest was based on a "blog post" made by Vikernes after the fatal derailing of the Bretigny train last week which contained ant-semitic remarks. The new update also confirms that the police custody of Varg Vikernes and his French wife Marie Cachet arrested on Tuesday in southwestern France has been extended by 24 hours, judiciary sources told news agency AFP.

French news website Le Nouvel Obs reports that the Central Directorate of Interior Intelligence decided to act after a blog post Vikernes wrote on July 13th commenting on the Bretigny train crash, which had taken place south of Paris the day before.

In the blog post entitled "Heros", Vikernes attacks "The 'French' president, the (sic) Jew Mr. Hollande", the media and "criminal non-European scum" making up "the gang of 'youths' standing nearby ready to rob the passengers when [the train derailed]."

The French Interior Minister Manuel Valls admitted that there was for now "no target, no identified project" in the Vikernes affair, but he justified the arrests by the necessity, in terrorism investigation, "to act before and not after."

The Interior Ministry stated on Tuesday that Vikernes "with close tie to the neo-nazi movement" was considered "likely to carry a large-scale terror act" and thus "constituted a potential menace". To justify the arrest, they also mentioned "violent speech intercepted on the web."

An official at the prosecutor's office said that the investigation was also prompted by several suspicions that made the services fear he could possibly carry out a violent act after he reportedly received a copy of the manifesto of Anders Breivik.

Stay tuned for more updates.

Original news, published on 16.07.2013: Varg Vikernes is in the news yet again and not for good reasons. Several French sources and also Euronews are reporting that Burzum's mastermind Varg Vikernes has been reportedly arrested in France and taken to custody in the Corrèze region this Tuesday. The police suspect the Norwegian to be plotting a "massacre" and are currently searching his house for weapons and explosives. His French wife and a member of a shooting club has allegedly recently purchased legally four rifles. Varg is being described as a "neo-nazi" and "Anders Breivik sympathizer".

The anti-terrorist prosecutor has been put in charge of the investigation. He could be held in custody for the next 96 hours, as is allowed under anti-terror laws.

Of course we all remember that Vikernes was convicted to 21 years in prison - the maximum sentence in Norway - for the murder of Øystein "Euronymous" Aarseth of black metallers Mayhem and for arson attacks on churches. He was freed in May 2009.

Vikernes is said to be one of the people to have received the manifesto of Anders Behring Breivik, the far-right terrorist responsible for the July 2011 Oslo bombing and Utoeya Massacre which left 77 dead. Breivik was sentenced to 21 years in jail for terrorism on August 2012.

However, The Quietus refers a post called War in Europe: Part V from late 2012, where Vikernes criticized Breivik's actions: "To Breivik I can only say I hope you do kill yourself.... you have made a big mistake."

He also writes: "As long as there are true Europeans alive they will continue to fail, and our European blood makes sure that we can at any time revive the true European spirit and turn Europe into our Elysium again. Today we are on the offensive. For the first time in many decades. The final solution to this problem is not to kill anyone, but to raise our children with European ideals and values, and a European world view, and make sure that Christianity dies out when our coward parent generation dies out."

Source: euronews.com
Band profile: Burzum
Posted: 17.07.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 90   Visited by: 602 users
16.07.2013 - 14:01
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Everbody should read it with this in the background:

Somehow I don't believe this is anything more than just being suspicious though.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
16.07.2013 - 14:04
God Alone

*facepalm*
16.07.2013 - 14:05
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
The only massacre Varg is capable of is the massacring of his own music.
16.07.2013 - 14:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Rediciluss and idiotism, better arrest CU 84 Capo, it will be better
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
16.07.2013 - 14:09
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
It wouldn't surprise me if he staged this so that he would get his much craved attention because sure as hell his crappy music doesn't give him the attention he wants
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

16.07.2013 - 14:20
Bananatron

Wow. This sounds ridiculous.
16.07.2013 - 14:34
pyrz

Vive la France
16.07.2013 - 14:35
mz

It's too soon to judge but this guy does not seem to be interested in giving up his stupidity
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
16.07.2013 - 14:37
Daniell
_爱情_
Written by Guest on 16.07.2013 at 14:05

Which he already has accomplished. Maybe he was arrested for that after all?
16.07.2013 - 14:38
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Daniell on 16.07.2013 at 14:37

Which he already has accomplished. Maybe he was arrested for that after all?

Crimes against music perhaps
16.07.2013 - 14:44
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Well, this is what happens when you're a die-hard fanatic... he has his own points but sometimes he just goes overboard. If this is true... well... I doubt we will see another Burzum album soon! I loved the loved the last one and even Umskiptar... too bad But until then he is innocent until proven guilty.
16.07.2013 - 14:55
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Time and time again Kristian proves he is one of the, if not the, dumbest and most brain dead artists around in music.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

16.07.2013 - 14:58
Carl Berg
Carl Berg
What the fluck? I hate how the media turns this upside-down by focusing on the fact that he is a "black metal musician" - essentially that black metal music makes evil people.

Also, he is most certainly not an Anders Breivik sympathiser, he openly criticised his actions and even told him to kill himself.

Damn media, it can ruin the image of an entire genre of music.
16.07.2013 - 15:00
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Carl Berg on 16.07.2013 at 14:58
Also, he is most certainly not an Anders Breivik sympathiser, he openly criticised his actions and even told him to kill himself.

Varg is that kind of douche that changes opinions every day which ain't news to begin with.
----
Rod, let me love you.
16.07.2013 - 15:01
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Carl Berg on 16.07.2013 at 14:58

he has also openly sympathized with Breivik on numerous occasions. But as we all know Kristian is one of the biggest revisionists around wheen it comes to his own beliefs and actions. So one day he supports Breivik and the next day he criticizes Breivik.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

16.07.2013 - 15:12
Lokaeda
Account deleted
I'd love to see him go to jail. Farewell to the comfortable one-man cell he had in Norway, we're overcrowded here. And he'd be with the lot he despises so much but let's be realistic, nothing will happen. We'll just hear about ridiculous things regarding metal fans and racism/extremism, catholic extremists will use that as one more argument to try and have the Hellfest cancelled, and then we'll remember some parts of the world are at war.
16.07.2013 - 15:15
Lokaeda
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 16.07.2013 at 15:09

and bought guns for his family (for protection)

It's not fucking Texas in Corrèze, what would you need to protect yourself from? Farmers? Ravens? Golly, they don't even have wolves left down there. Even the gypsies don't go to Corrèze.
16.07.2013 - 15:18
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 16.07.2013 at 15:09

I have read some of his past and fresh writings, and it doesn't sound to me that he was planning a massacre or a Breivik supporter. The only writing about Breivik I've seen is against his things, and so what if Breivik sent his stupid manifest to him, Breivik sent it to many people without never asking if they wanted it. I don't know if he's having some explosives that are against the law, but my guess about what happened is that he wrote some, well what he always writes, and bought guns for his family (for protection). Let's wait for more updates though.

As far as I know Kristian bought Breivik's manifesto (no idea why MS news item says it was sent to him). Which, btw, is nothing weird, since I do know a couple of people who downloaded it themselves. And why the hell would he need guns to protect his family?
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

16.07.2013 - 15:22
Hallford9000

Written by Guest on 16.07.2013 at 14:05

You made my day.
16.07.2013 - 15:25
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 16.07.2013 at 15:23

He's been very protective eversince Euronymous sent him death threats

Actually Euro never sent him death threats, that's one of Kristian's lies again. And we all know what a coward Kristian is, stabbing a man more than 20 times in the back.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

16.07.2013 - 15:28
LICH

Godammit varg, were getting sick of your shit
16.07.2013 - 15:30
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 16.07.2013 at 15:28

Great music happened.

Not even that Influential, yes, great, good, no.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

16.07.2013 - 15:31
Lokaeda
Account deleted
I thank the police for that quick move, Varg didn't have time to befriend Famine of Peste Noire. I dare not think of all the atrocities those two combined could have created. Aggraved assault against music with the will to maim and/or kill.
16.07.2013 - 15:35
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 16.07.2013 at 15:31

I thank the police for that quick move, Varg didn't have time to befriend Famine of Peste Noire. I dare not think of all the atrocities those two combined could have created. Aggraved assault against music with the will to maim and/or kill.

Indeed that would have been terrible on all levels. Two of metal's biggest bigots/racists/braindead/delusional morons teaming up. Famine is as delusional as Kristian.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

16.07.2013 - 15:37
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Both should have team up and create a youtube channel. It would have been fucking hilarious.
----
Rod, let me love you.
16.07.2013 - 15:45
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 16.07.2013 at 15:30

You gave Filosofem a 7 (was an 8 only a few days ago). Clearly he has made a good record in your eyes
16.07.2013 - 15:49
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 16.07.2013 at 15:45

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 16.07.2013 at 15:30

You gave Filosofem a 7 (was an 8 only a few days ago). Clearly he has made a good record in your eyes

downgraded most of the stuff indeed. Well Filosofem got a 7 due to a couple of great tracks hence making the album good when viewing it across the board. But Burzum only has a couple of good/great tracks and the rest is mediocre to dire shite.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

16.07.2013 - 16:00
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Fine. But from now on you are not allowed to say "all of his music sucks"... You can only say "most".
----
Rod, let me love you.
16.07.2013 - 16:11
Cronomaster

I don't get his way of thinking. If Christianity will die, there will be Islam in Europe. I don't think it's better...
16.07.2013 - 16:20
roeder

Written by Cronomaster on 16.07.2013 at 16:11

I don't get his way of thinking. If Christianity will die, there will be Islam in Europe. I don't think it's better...

yeah it totally works like that. if you don't believe in the christian god, it's obligatory to choose another religion. so everyone will become muslim.

Hits total: 11894 | This month: 8