Lacrimosa
Primal Fear
Rage
Crematory

Total votes: 324
24.12.2006 - 08:13
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
i didn't put Blind Guardian or Helloween because its easy to them to beat this poll but there is a lot of talented bands in germany beside that 2 masters , i decided to put the most representative bands of Germany or i least i think they are ,and please tell me whats your favorite and why

as for me i like Edguy becuase its a band any metalfan can enjoy they have a clean sound excellent vocals,catchy chorus, and they are very unique
----
Stay Metal !!!
24.12.2006 - 10:11
Opium Magnet
Account deleted
I voted Primal Fear, seeing as I find them to be the most enjoyable amongst the alternatives on the list...

Although I do find other bands appealimg, I don't find them to be as enjoyable as Primal Fear, they'll always be better because of their songs having an immense "pull" to them, for example "Mind Control" is a good song that can easily grab your attention with its thrash orientated Judas Preist reminiscent sound, yet it still remains to be dinstinguishble enough to remain original and addictive.
24.12.2006 - 12:35
baldur
rebellion, excalibur, william wallace etc. are such amazing songs so i think grave digger is the best band of these 9!
24.12.2006 - 12:37
baldur
@ Cabal Patriarch you are playing magic the gathering am i right??
24.12.2006 - 17:19
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
Written by baldur on 24.12.2006 at 12:37

@ Cabal Patriarch you are playing magic the gathering am i right??

Yeah i play magic but this is not the best thread to talk about that .

im making a magic thread in case there is'nt lol

anyway you didnt say your favorite band...
----
Stay Metal !!!
24.12.2006 - 17:59
matthioso
I voted for Kreator. I really like that band
----
www.seedofrock.be
24.12.2006 - 19:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Ok thank good because there are no OTHER votinig poll
Because discuse witch Geramn band are best are no usefull, and there are to many great and incredibile bands DOOM, Gothic, Black,. speed bands German metal scene are best and one of oldest in the world

I voud vote for Grave Digger because its only band who can take my heaert away whit them music and thay even in 2007 play like in 80ties so dep respect to those guys

Next what I listen woud be actualy non, maybe early Rage, Sodom(i love Fuck The Police) and Creator, about Lacrimosa I know thay are famose, but I hawnt hear them and Kreamtory i shood listen them and then I coment, biut i neve rhad been fan of Power Metal exept from Germany Blind Guardian and Black Abyss
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
24.12.2006 - 19:40
Hellish Star
I voted Rage. Besides them, Kreator and Primal Fear I don't like the other bands.

I'm more a fan of bands like Lanfear, Angel Dust, Brainstorm, Superior, Depressive Age, M.S.G., Sanvoisen, Jester's March, Metal Inquisitor, Mekong Delta, Metalium, Mystic Prophecy, Accept, Demons & Wizards, Mad Max, Masterplan, Spiral Tower, Tragedy Divine, Paradox, Rawhead Rexx, Rebellion, ... all from Germany.
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
24.12.2006 - 20:34
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
I went with Primal Fear, from that list I also like Kreator, Edguy, Rage & Sodom.

As for other german bands (except those that Hellish Star said, don't like a few from those): Dawn of Winter, X Wild, Mirror of Deception, Kaminari, C.O.E., Cannon, Am I Blood, Tankard Headstone Epitaph, Oomph!, Axel Rudi Pell, Powergod, Running Wild, Tyrant Pace, U.D.O., Fair Warning, Code of Perfection,Saidian, Scorpions, Accept, Shylock, Die Krupps, Gallows Pole, Tragedy Divine, Accuser, Voodoocult, Adrian, Danton, Saints Anger, Steeler,
25.12.2006 - 01:58
danzig111
Account deleted
I'm afraid I don't like the choices given generally

But I like Primal Fear the ebst of all given .....yes they are Judas Priest impersonators but their music is fun
25.12.2006 - 03:30
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
From the list, I voted for Sodom. I thought about Kreator, but quickly decided that Sodom is better. They have more consistant releases and made a better comeback than Kreator did. I don't like power metal, so this was actually a pretty easy choice for me. I like Sodom's speed and the time changes, and Agent Orange is among the best thrash albums ever. I don't think any band from that list has anything that tops that album, but some come close.
25.12.2006 - 10:18
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 24.12.2006 at 20:34

I went with Primal Fear, from that list I also like Kreator, Edguy, Rage & Sodom.

As for other german bands (except those that Hellish Star said, don't like a few from those): Dawn of Winter, X Wild, Mirror of Deception, Kaminari, C.O.E., Cannon, Am I Blood, Tankard Headstone Epitaph, Oomph!, Axel Rudi Pell, Powergod, Running Wild, Tyrant Pace, U.D.O., Fair Warning, Code of Perfection,Saidian, Scorpions, Accept, Shylock, Die Krupps, Gallows Pole, Tragedy Divine, Accuser, Voodoocult, Adrian, Danton, Saints Anger, Steeler,

OK man I can pots huge list of bands but X-Wild ''Hawe You Monster Effect''?
----

apos;'
[image]
25.12.2006 - 11:42
?Bodomchild?
Well well, nice one , my choice goes with Sodom without doubt !! im a biig fan of them !! even with Running Wild but isnt in the list, anyway like pyro says they heve more consistance on the albums and in the live albums they kick ass !! IMO Sodom silf titled album its one of the best in this year !! like Gamma Ray like this 2 but i like more Sodom for shure
----
asd
26.12.2006 - 05:16
Eternal Flames
I voted for Rage, although Gamma Ray, Primal Fear and Kreator came quite close. It's a good list, but Rage is still the stand out for me. Really loved the Black In Mind album. Definitely their best work in my opinion, and their earlier Avenger days were really good as well. They're one of my favourite bands. You should have added an "other" option to the poll tough, because there are some other really great German bands.
26.12.2006 - 07:48
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Definitly Sodom, one of my favorite thrash bands, and there latest album just further solidifies my decision.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
26.12.2006 - 09:00
Syk
myspace/bonerama
I would vote for either Kreator or Sodom, but I really haven't heard enough to decide. Don't think I listen to much German stuff actually... though I can't stop listening to Viron's song Blow the Fuse. Look out for them if you like power metal.

Oh, and Dew-Scented have 0 fans? What?!
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
26.12.2006 - 16:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Syk on 26.12.2006 at 09:00

Never hera that band, are tahy good? Witch bands are simmilar, what you recomend?
----

apos;'
[image]
26.12.2006 - 18:34
batwoman
Account deleted
abyssaria- they have 3 albw. and then their singer become a partybreaker...
27.12.2006 - 02:22
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Written by Bad English on 26.12.2006 at 16:50

Written by Syk on 26.12.2006 at 09:00

Never hera that band, are tahy good? Witch bands are simmilar, what you recomend?

I guess they're a bit like Kreator & Destruction, good aggressive thrash. I've heard the Impact album, very consistent, 9/10.
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
27.12.2006 - 18:31
Loreley
Account deleted
i found any of this bands cool.
Finntroll and Ensiferum are the best Suomi true bands.Tourisas,Wintersun is very good too,but not better than the trolls and Ensiferum!
why they are megacool?
1 super voice
2 cool textes
3 very good playing
4 they reply any other band

another bands must in fire and another musikants to inkvisition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
27.12.2006 - 19:22
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 27.12.2006 at 18:31

i found any of this bands cool.
Finntroll and Ensiferum are the best Suomi true bands.Tourisas,Wintersun is very good too,but not better than the trolls and Ensiferum!
why they are megacool?
1 super voice
2 cool textes
3 very good playing
4 they reply any other band

another bands must in fire and another musikants to inkvisition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

am I drunk all my mind, eyes and brains today, but Turisas, Vintersun and others what you mention are FINISH band snot GERMAN

Did you mix poll
----

apos;'
[image]
27.12.2006 - 20:55
Richard
Elite
Written by Eternal Flames on 26.12.2006 at 05:16

It's a good list, but Rage is still the stand out for me. Really loved the Black In Mind album. Definitely their best work in my opinion, and their earlier Avenger days were really good as well. They're one of my favourite bands.

Yeah, Rage are definitely one of my favourite bands too, so they got my vote although there's a few other good bands in the poll. I agree that Black In Mind is an excellent album - I think the early to mid 1990's period was probably the best for Rage, along with albums like Trapped! and The Missing Link, it shows how great this band is at combining heaviness with hooks and a great sense of melody. But other albums are excellent too.. The latest one, Speak of the Dead is one of my faves of 2006.

Many of Rage's songs are uplifting without (usually) being cheesy, and Peavy is one of my favourite vocalists - he always comes up with extremely memorable vocal melodies.
----
27.12.2006 - 21:39
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
No doubt, my vote goes to Lacrimosa... The most personal band between those ones in my opinion!
And Lacrimosa are one of my favourite bands ever!
This is a non-impartial opinion anyway, cause Thrash and Power got me tired a bit...
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
27.12.2006 - 21:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Richard on 27.12.2006 at 20:55

Written by Eternal Flames on 26.12.2006 at 05:16

It's a good list, but Rage is still the stand out for me. Really loved the Black In Mind album. Definitely their best work in my opinion, and their earlier Avenger days were really good as well. They're one of my favourite bands.

Yeah, Rage are definitely one of my favourite bands too, so they got my vote although there's a few other good bands in the poll. I agree that Black In Mind is an excellent album - I think the early to mid 1990's period was probably the best for Rage, along with albums like Trapped! and The Missing Link, it shows how great this band is at combining heaviness with hooks and a great sense of melody. But other albums are excellent too.. The latest one, Speak of the Dead is one of my faves of 2006.

Many of Rage's songs are uplifting without (usually) being cheesy, and Peavy is one of my favourite vocalists - he always comes up with extremely memorable vocal melodies.

if you talk about Rage, hawe you ehar Viktor Smolsky(rage guitars) solo project?
My freidn ahs ''The Heretic'' great dark, emetional dark album, amazing and I dunno where he get original CD

Talking about X-Wild I get 2 albums
----

apos;'
[image]
27.12.2006 - 22:10
Warman
Erotic Stains
I won't vote but right now Kreator is my favourite german band! Just discovered them, awesome thrash! It'll be nice to see them live with Celtic Frost next year
----
27.12.2006 - 22:20
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Warman on 27.12.2006 at 22:10

I won't vote but right now Kreator is my favourite german band! Just discovered them, awesome thrash! It'll be nice to see them live with Celtic Frost next year

But Celtic Frost are from Swizzerland
----

apos;'
[image]
27.12.2006 - 22:24
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Bad English on 27.12.2006 at 22:20

Yeah, so?
I just said that it will be fun to see Celtic Frost tour with Kreator, I never said Celtic Frost were german or my favourite band.
----
27.12.2006 - 22:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Warman on 27.12.2006 at 22:24

Yeah, so?
I just said that it will be fun to see Celtic Frost tour with Kreator, I never said Celtic Frost were german or my favourite band.

Ok sorry man my faulth

But just vwundering what is mother tong of Celtic Frost, from witch part thay come from italian, french or german talking part of Swizzerland?
----

apos;'
[image]
27.12.2006 - 22:29
Opium Magnet
Account deleted

Howcome you're not voting, even when you aren't restricted????
27.12.2006 - 22:31
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Bad English on 27.12.2006 at 22:27

Written by Warman on 27.12.2006 at 22:24

Yeah, so?

Ok sorry man my faulth

But just vwundering what is mother tong of Celtic Frost, from witch part thay come from italian, french or german talking part of Swizzerland?

I don't know really, all I know is that Celtic Frost is from Zürich.
----