Metal Storm logo
Select Choices Of Iranian Metal

Note: Based on personal taste.

These are my ultimate choices of metal (and hard rock) music coming from my homeland of Iran.

Last update: April 1 2014

Created by: Mephistopholes1 | 18.07.2013

1. From The Vastland - Kamarikan
2. Qutin - Rationalism
3. 1000 Funerals - Portrait Of A Dream
4. Mordab - Darker Than Grave
5. Sorg Innkallelse - Into The Dark Tower
6. Ignoredz - Endless War
Generally not metal (Anathema-ish), the band's live performance of their second album shows a change of style to Progressive Metal/Rock.
7. 1000 Funerals - Butterfly Decadence
8. Sorg Innkallelse - ...Night Black
9. Emerna - Mortem Animalium
10. Postmortem - Out Of The Sight In Empyreal
11. Postmortem - False Dawn And Abend
12. Farzad Golpayegani - Two
13. Soashyant - Soashyant
14. Farzad Golpayegani - Four
15. Kahtmayan - Exir

Disclaimer: All top lists are unofficial and do not represent the point of view of the MS Staff.
[ More lists by Mephistopholes1 ]

Comments

‹‹ Back to Lists
Comments: 5   Visited by: 35 users
19.07.2013 - 01:16
mz

Slumber's debut and only album is a really good melodic death doom album and is half persian/half swedish and so is atoma (post metal/atmospheric).
The best band from Iran is in my eyes mist within. They have published 3 song by now and you can fin them on youtube.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
19.07.2013 - 13:13
Mephistopholes1
Shawb
Written by mz on 19.07.2013 at 01:16

Slumber's debut and only album is a really good melodic death doom album and is half persian/half swedish and so is atoma (post metal/atmospheric).
The best band from Iran is in my eyes mist within. They have published 3 song by now and you can fin them on youtube.

Slumber, Atoma, Abandon. they all have Iranian members in them, but I only included the bands that are originated from Iran in my list. nevertheless, all of them have some wonderful releases. I strongly suggest you try Abandon.

I've listened to the songs from Mist Within, they're definitely a promising act. I'm waiting on their full-length, as I only included studio albums in my list. I hope their album be as good as their singles!
19.07.2013 - 13:22
mz

Written by Mephistopholes1 on 19.07.2013 at 13:13

Slumber, Atoma, Enshine, Abandon. they all have Iranian members in them, but I only included the bands that are originated from Iran in my list. nevertheless, all of them have some wonderful releases. I strongly suggest you try Abandon and Enshine too.

I've listened to the songs from Mist Within, they're definitely a promising act. I'm waiting on their full-length, as I only included studio albums in my list. I hope their album be as good as their singles!

ok, in hindsight, I think it's better to restric this list to those band which are truly in the Iran, so I respect your decision here. Also, mist within is really good and I also hope they continue their path with an album as good as their singles.
I forgot to suggest you kahtmayan, a band from Iran which plays an instrumental hybrid of thrash and progressive metal. I personally listede to one of their albums and it was good. Give them a try if you had not already
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
19.07.2013 - 13:39
Mephistopholes1
Shawb
Written by mz on 19.07.2013 at 13:22

Written by Mephistopholes1 on 19.07.2013 at 13:13

Slumber, Atoma, Enshine, Abandon. they all have Iranian members in them, but I only included the bands that are originated from Iran in my list. nevertheless, all of them have some wonderful releases. I strongly suggest you try Abandon and Enshine too.

ok, in hindsight, I think it's better to restric this list to those band which are truly in the Iran, so I respect your decision here. Also, mist within is really good and I also hope they continue their path with an album as good as their singles.
I forgot to suggest you kahtmayan, a band from Iran which plays an instrumental hybrid of thrash and progressive metal. I personally listede to one of their albums and it was good. Give them a try if you had not already

Oh I've listened to Kahtmayan, they never quite did it for me though, I don't know what is missing from their music, but something's not there. I appreciate the trans-genre kind of work they're doing though. Maybe their new album would appeal more interesting to me. thanks for the suggestion anyhow!
29.12.2017 - 18:22
saeed.pain

Great list!
Check this out, released just 2 days ago:
http://sabkemorde.com/music/
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/khatabeye-tadfin/1329427372?app=itunes&ign-mpt=uo%3D4
https://open.spotify.com/album/3lDmmBoz67YPirwGRwCIIL

I think this is one of the best Iranian metal albums ever released, besides 1000 Funerals and Mordab Darker than Grave.

Hits total: 1878 | This month: 13