Metal Storm logo
Soulfly - Studio Update, Video Trailers

Soulfly have posted a series of in-studio video blogs from the recording of their as-of-yet-untitled ninth studio album.

The record was produced by the world-renowned Terry Date (Pantera, Deftones, Soundgarden) and will also be the first to feature Max Cavalera's 20-year-old son Zyon on drums. Old-school fans may recall that it was Zyon's heartbeat in utero that served as the intro to Sepultura's 1993 classic RIAA-gold-certified record Chaos A.D..

When signing to Nuclear Blast earlier this year, Max commented: "I'm really excited to be signing Soulfly to Nuclear Blast Records. On top of it, we're going to be reunited with Monte Conner who I've worked with for over 20 years at Roadrunner. Soulfly 's new album is going to be recorded in Seattle with the great producer Terry Date, and it's going to come out later in the year through Nuclear Blast worldwide. Keep it metal!"

Fans can check out the studio trailers below:

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Soulfly
Posted: 19.07.2013 by D.T. Metal

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 71 users
19.07.2013 - 19:08
Traezeus

I'm always down for some more Soulfly. Looking forward to this.
19.07.2013 - 22:24
Machiavelli
Account deleted
Max wearing Psycroptic T-shirt is awesome.
19.07.2013 - 22:54
Empyror

I thought the title of the album was going to be "Savages." Max said this in an interview I saw last week I think. Maybe it's just a working title and not official yet.
20.07.2013 - 00:46
blacktooth85

Written by Empyror on 19.07.2013 at 22:54

I thought the title of the album was going to be "Savages." Max said this in an interview I saw last week I think. Maybe it's just a working title and not official yet.

Yeah i seen that interview too. I'm pretty sure it is going to be called "Savages"... I guess metalstorm didn't get the memo....
20.07.2013 - 19:46
cossaisVendeurs

Just call it "Dedicated to God". You know he wants to!
20.07.2013 - 19:55
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
They migth have Terry Date as a producer, but as you know you can't polsih a turd
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

Hits total: 1936 | This month: 5