Metal Storm logo
Mar De Grises - Come To An End

Time for a Monday Feel Bad... long time MS favorites, Mar De Grises announced via Facebook that they have come to an end. They had a bit to say on the matter, which is good, as I'm pretty speechless right now.

Dear friends and fans,

It is with deep emotion that we must announce that Mar de Grises has come to an ending.

Several reasons have led us to make this decision. Our spirits have changed and we collectively chose to end this beautiful cycle. Our musical paths have parted. You will know about our new projects soon.

Being part of this project during all these years has been amazing and magical, and sharing our feelings through music with great friends for so long has filled us with joy and satisfaction.

Mar de Grises allowed us to reach places we never thought we would; to share stage with people we admire and, above all, with good friends; to contribute to the musical history of Chile, and to reach the hearts of fans all over the world.

We feel more than rewarded with all your love and feedback.

We would like to give our sincere thanks to all our technical staff, friends and families, past members of the band, labels, promoters, media, agencies, and to all those who believed and were sincerely involved in all our undertakings.

Above all, we wish to thank all our fans who have given us unconditional support during these 13 years.

To give this story the end it deserves, we are working on the details of a final show which will be announced soon.

Now the Jewel of the Andes, as we were once called, will rest in our hearts and will continue to live in you and your memories.

Farewell.

Farewell indeed... only three albums, but three wonderful ones at that. Thanks for the great tunes, and thanks for taking the time to interact with your fans at Metalstorm.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Mar De Grises
Posted: 23.07.2013 by BitterCOld

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 22   Visited by: 263 users
23.07.2013 - 00:06
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
A damn shame this great band and swell guys are calling it quits.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

23.07.2013 - 00:08
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
This is probably going to be the worst news of the year for me. They were a very special band... Urgh, I'm just speechless.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
23.07.2013 - 00:09
Erik M.
What a shame... especially since I'm only familiar with their work for a few months now.
23.07.2013 - 00:14
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Never liked the band, but they certainly garnered some serious respect from people.
23.07.2013 - 00:39
Mephistopholes1
Shawb
13 years and 3 magnificent studio albums + one outstanding EP. They sure as hell put all they had onto each album every time. It's a shame they are ending it, really...
23.07.2013 - 00:41
InnerSelf
proofread free
Awful news ... i connected with their music on such a deep level and always held a great amount of respect to the band members because they seemed like good humble people from their interviews
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
23.07.2013 - 01:23
Lit.
Account deleted
Least they're ending on a high note.
23.07.2013 - 02:42
FOOCK Nam
They quite are very good doom band...one of very rare South America band I own stuff. Fare well
23.07.2013 - 03:03
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
While I'm probably not nearly as disappointed as some of you guys, these guys are one of the few doom metal bands I enjoy. Sad to see such a loss :S
23.07.2013 - 04:29
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
Son of a bitch. Monday "feel bad" indeed.
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
23.07.2013 - 05:27
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Staff
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
23.07.2013 - 08:53
Monolithic
♠♠♠
Farewell, folks.
23.07.2013 - 09:32
Abattoir
Staff
Quite shame indeed. They have provided some great music and left an unforgetable legacy behind.
23.07.2013 - 09:58
Nefarious
Doom Knight
Staff
Damn....well that's just gone and ruined my year
----
"FUCK!!! You're the fucking 5th person asking me in an interview about the woman in the bathtub?The problem is that I AM the fucking person in the bathtub, and I AM a fucking MAN, for fuck's sake! I hate you all!" ~ Herr Morbid
23.07.2013 - 10:01
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Second worst news this year only to Jeff Hanneman dying.
----
Coldgrits
23.07.2013 - 11:37
Windrider
Raureif
This really makes me sad... great music guys!
23.07.2013 - 13:07
theFIST
One Doom Band less
now only 3464 need to follow that example
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
23.07.2013 - 17:37
CyberSymphony
Ollie
I just listened to this band recently and from what I recall, it was excellent. Definitely going to give the rest of their discography a listen.
23.07.2013 - 18:18
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by theFIST on 23.07.2013 at 13:07

One Doom Band less

According to MA that would leave 7,575 - 3,464 = 4,311 doom bands to annoy you ;p

dumbest, most brain dead comment ever

Even I wouldn't think of saying such a thing when a Euro power metal band splits up a brutal death metal band. And that really is telling
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

23.07.2013 - 18:44
theFIST
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 23.07.2013 at 18:18

Written by theFIST on 23.07.2013 at 13:07

One Doom Band less

According to MA that would leave 7,575 - 3,464 = 4,311 doom bands to annoy you ;p

dumbest, most brain dead comment ever

Even I wouldn't think of saying such a thing when a Euro power metal band splits up a brutal death metal band. And that really is telling

well, the other 4311 aren"t known to be active anyways
anyways, not even i would take my comments that are meant as a joke too seriously, but thank you for awarding me with that record
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
24.07.2013 - 01:48
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Oh man, I'm really underwhelmed right now, they were my favorite Doom metal band and one of my all-time favorite bands ever. Their first album is by far, one of the greatest doom metal albums that have ever been made. I can't understand why they are splitting-up right now when they are at the top of their career, but thinking about it, maybe it's better that way, because they left us three masterpieces, three albums that are unique and very special in their own way.
Farewell, may the legacy of the Jewel Of the Andes will live forever!
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
25.07.2013 - 01:32
Ceinwyn
I'm glad I got to see them live a few years ago, I really like their work

Hits total: 3904 | This month: 10