Metal Storm logo
Five Finger Death Punch - The Wrong Side Of Heaven And The Righteous Side Of Hell - Volume 1

6.5 | 152 votes |
Release date: 30 July 2013
Style: Groove metal

Owners:

108 have it
20 want it

Disc I
01. Lift Me Up [feat. Rob Halford]
02. Watch You Bleed
03. You
04. Wrong Side Of Heaven
05. Burn MF
06. I.M.Sin
07. Anywhere But Here [feat. Maria Brink]
08. Dot Your Eyes
09. M.I.N.E (End This Way)
10. Mama Said Knock You Out [feat. Tech N9ne][LL Cool J cover]
11. Diary Of A Deadman
12. I.M.Sin [feat. Max Cavalera]
13. Anywhere But Here [duet with Maria Brink]
14. Dot Your Eyes [feat. Jamey Jasta]

Disc II
01. Intro [live]
02. Under And Over It [live]
03. Burn It Down [live]
04. American Capitalist [live]
05. Hard To See [live]
06. Coming Down [live]
07. Bad Company [Bad Company cover][live]
08. White Knuckles [live]
09. Drum Solo [live]
10. Far From Home [live]
11. Never Enough [live]
12. War Is The Answer [live]
13. Remember Everything [live]
14. No One Gets Left Behind [live]
15. The Bleeding [live]

Additional info
Recorded: 2012-2013 at [bThe Hideout studios[/b], Las Vegas, Nevada

Label: Prospect Park
Producer: Kevin Churko

Staff review by
R Lewis
Rating:
I used to like Five Finger Death Punch.

Read more ››
published 02.12.2013 | Comments (23)

Found in 6 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 32   [ 5 ignored ]   Visited by: 536 users
24.07.2013 - 04:42
Rating: 10
Who ever has this can you tell me how to get it or send me the album thru email??
24.07.2013 - 06:18
psykometal
A staff guy...
elite
Written by MetalLives5150 on 24.07.2013 at 04:42

Who ever has this can you tell me how to get it or send me the album thru email??

Metal Storm does not condone the use of our forums for the solicitation of piracy or illegal file sharing.

FAQ: Forum and members, 1.1.8 - Rules and policies ~ No links to illegal downloads, or soliciting such links. Make sure the bands or labels allow their material to be downloaded before posting such links anywhere on this site.

I doubt Five Finger Death Punch condones sharing their music in the manner of which you are requesting.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

24.07.2013 - 07:24
Rating: 2
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Just absolutely terrible. Some of the most generic, boring radio friendly "metal" I've ever had the displeasure of hearing. Seriously, this is soooo bad. Everything from the drums to that god awful "heavy" guitar tone.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
24.07.2013 - 07:28
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Also Rob Halford fucking blows here. If I ever have to hear that song again I'm going to shoot myself.
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
24.07.2013 - 09:43
psykometal
A staff guy...
elite
Written by Boxcar Willy on 24.07.2013 at 07:24

Just absolutely terrible. Some of the most generic, boring radio friendly "metal" I've ever had the displeasure of hearing. Seriously, this is soooo bad. Everything from the drums to that god awful "heavy" guitar tone.

So what you're saying is...this album is AOTY material?
----

26.07.2013 - 02:13
Lit.
Account deleted
So aside from the troll votes, how is it really?
26.07.2013 - 20:54
Rating: 10
Written by Guest on 26.07.2013 at 02:13

So aside from the troll votes, how is it really?

IT IS F**KING AMAZING!!!! I'm only about half way through it. "You" is probably one of the best ones on the album, probably the most brutal song they have
26.07.2013 - 21:20
Soheil KD
Wrong side of heaven is my favourite track
27.07.2013 - 02:27
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by MetalLives5150 on 26.07.2013 at 20:54

IT IS F**KING AMAZING!!!! I'm only about half way through it. "You" is probably one of the best ones on the album, probably the most brutal song they have

>Only half way through

>gives it a 10
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
27.07.2013 - 02:30
psykometal
A staff guy...
elite
Written by Boxcar Willy on 27.07.2013 at 02:27

>Only half way through

>gives it a 10

Some people just know what they like. Not everybody likes to hate on bands who play styles they don't even like.
----

27.07.2013 - 03:02
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by psykometal on 27.07.2013 at 02:30

Not everybody likes to hate on bands who play styles they don't even like.

*Cough* *Cough* Like Willy. *Cough* *Cough*
27.07.2013 - 06:23
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
It doesn't matter if I don't like the style, I think it's a shitty album. Just because I don't generally like the style doesn't mean anything. If I think it sucks, I think it sucks.
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
27.07.2013 - 07:06
psykometal
A staff guy...
elite
Written by Boxcar Willy on 27.07.2013 at 06:23

It doesn't matter if I don't like the style, I think it's a shitty album. Just because I don't generally like the style doesn't mean anything. If I think it sucks, I think it sucks.

Yes, but it doesn't help that you don't like the style to begin with. You'd never catch me going to a band's album page in the doom, post or "power violence" styles talking about an album being "shit" when I don't even particularly care for those styles to begin with. And not because I'm afraid of getting type-lashed by fanboys, but because most people aren't going to take a guy seriously who's ragging on a band/album in a style that they know he doesn't even care about because it's just going to come off as trolling.

I'm not saying you can't talk shit about this band or their music and albums, I'm just reminding you to not expect to be taken seriously and to expect to get shit from guys like me (and/or Lit.) who do actually like the style and the band. I'm also giving you a hard time because I know you know better than to do this kind of thing, and also to make sure anybody else who isn't familiar with you is aware that you don't even like this style to begin with so you are not a credible source of judgement for this band/album/style. Also, were the tables turned and I was ragging on some doom, post, or "power violence" album you liked then you would be doing the same thing to me by throwing it in my and everybody else's faces that my opinion is not really credible because I don't even like that style to begin with.
----

27.07.2013 - 07:17
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by psykometal on 27.07.2013 at 07:06

Yes, but it doesn't help that you don't like the style to begin with. You'd never catch me going to a band's album page in the doom, post or "power violence" styles talking about an album being "shit" when I don't even particularly care for those styles to begin with. And not because I'm afraid of getting type-lashed by fanboys, but because most people aren't going to take a guy seriously who's ragging on a band/album in a style that they know he doesn't even care about because it's just going to come off as trolling.

I'm not saying you can't talk shit about this band or their music and albums, I'm just reminding you to not expect to be taken seriously and to expect to get shit from guys like me (and/or Lit.) who do actually like the style and the band. I'm also giving you a hard time because I know you know better than to do this kind of thing, and also to make sure anybody else who isn't familiar with you is aware that you don't even like this style to begin with so you are not a credible source of judgement for this band/album/style. Also, were the tables turned and I was ragging on some doom, post, or "power violence" album you liked then you would be doing the same thing to me by throwing it in my and everybody else's faces that my opinion is not really credible because I don't even like that style to begin with.

To be fair, I'd never have listened to this unless I heard that god-awful track on the radio. I understand where you're coming from. People should understand from a simple profile view that this isn't my daily listening material anyway. But like I've said, I listen to everything. Even occasionally groove metal. While not being a lot, I still understand enough about it say that I don't like it. This to me sounds like they copied the Black Veil Brides guitar tone, wrote some shitty, angst ridden lyrics to target their middle school audience, and slapped together an album with a guest appearance to try and widen their fanbase to all the "classic" metalheads out there. Definitely not good. At all. This really reminds me of the last A7X album tbh. I'm also a big metalcore fan, of which this is closely associated with. So I believe my opinion should be somewhat valid. More so than the guy above me who didn't even finish the album before he called it "perfect".

Also, it's "powerviolence" (no space)
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
27.07.2013 - 07:20
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
There are far too many periods in that paragraph.

Oh well.
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
27.07.2013 - 07:27
theembryo
How is the production on the live tracks?
27.07.2013 - 07:35
psykometal
A staff guy...
elite
Written by Boxcar Willy on 27.07.2013 at 07:17

To be fair, I'd never have listened to this unless I heard that god-awful track on the radio.

This kind of thing always throws me off about detractors...if I hear a song on the radio that I think sucks, I certainly don't decide to go listen to the rest of the album. Hell I don't even bother to figure out who the band is, I just move on and forget I ever listened to it. Never do I ever seek out the band in question and listen to the rest of the album.

Quote:

I understand where you're coming from. People should understand from a simple profile view that this isn't my daily listening material anyway.

Not everybody who comes into these discussions bothers to take the time to look at the guy's profile who says it sucks versus the guys who say it's awesome, so making it clearly plain as day within the topic that this isn't your style and that they should take your opinion with a grain of salt is a good idea imho.

Quote:

But like I've said, I listen to everything. Even occasionally groove metal. While not being a lot, I still understand enough about it say that I don't like it. This to me sounds like they copied the Black Veil Brides guitar tone, wrote some shitty, angst ridden lyrics to target their middle school audience, and slapped together an album with a guest appearance to try and widen their fanbase to all the "classic" metalheads out there. Definitely not good. At all. This really reminds me of the last A7X album tbh. So I believe my opinion should be somewhat valid. More so than the guy above me who didn't even finish the album before he called it "perfect".

The validity of your opinion is in the eye of the beholder, and in the case of my responses to your "allegations of shittiness", I don't personally view your opinion as valid. Somebody else who knows you as well or better than I do, or even people who don't know you at all, may feel that your opinion is valid (especially after reading our debate about it ), and that's their choice and I wouldn't criticize them for it, but I still don't hold any validity in it. No offense intended, just being honest.

Quote:

I'm also a big metalcore fan, of which this is closely associated with.

I really do hate that people associate groove metal bands with metalcore. Groove and metalcore are not the same and don't hardly sound the same. The only real similarities between them is that they're loud, metal and both typically have rather angsty, teen-to-young adult levels of lyrical ingenuity.

Quote:

Also, it's "powerviolence" (no space)

I'm gona quote Wikipedia on this one... "Powerviolence (sometimes written as power violence)"
----

27.07.2013 - 08:13
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Psykometal is definitely one of the most intelligent and reasoned posters on this site. I also generally don't go into, or post in threads of bands from genres I don't like, as there is little point in doing so. I also acknowledge that my opinion on individual bands' music in those genres should not be taken seriously, as I have a pre-disposed bias against the music in those genres, and therefore my opinion is going to be skewed by that bias, and so I shouldn't be treated as any kind of authority on music in those genres.

Now, you have every right to dislike a genre as much as someone has to like it, and you have as much right to that opinion, as the people who like it have. However, disliking a genre as a whole also means that your analysis of individual bands in that genre does not carry much weight, as it is skewed by personal bias.
27.07.2013 - 16:05
psykometal
A staff guy...
elite
Written by Angelic Storm on 27.07.2013 at 08:13

However, disliking a genre as a whole also means that your analysis of individual bands in that genre does not carry much weight, as it is skewed by personal bias.

Unless your praising a band/album in one of those non-preferred genres. For example, I'm not particularly fond of doom but damn it all to hell if Officium Triste's Mors Viri is not one of my favorite finds of the year. And I checked that out because it was getting particularly high praise from almost everybody, especially known/trustworthy doomsters and music critics in general on MS like Marcel, Craig, Erik, etc.

I've been going back and forth about this album with Tanner and I still haven't even checked it out beyond the Rob Halford guest track...I should rectify that...
----

27.07.2013 - 16:21
Uldreth
Written by psykometal on 27.07.2013 at 07:35

Quote:

I'm also a big metalcore fan, of which this is closely associated with.

I really do hate that people associate groove metal bands with metalcore. Groove and metalcore are not the same and don't hardly sound the same. The only real similarities between them is that they're loud, metal and both typically have rather angsty, teen-to-young adult levels of lyrical ingenuity.

To be fair there IS an overlap between the two since the "New Wave of American Heavy Metal" which have both melodic metalcore and alternative thrash bands (which themselves have elements of thrash, groove metal and metalcore) took huge amounts of influence from groove metal, but yeah in this case I think the band mainly gets its rep as "metalcore" cause it is mainstream, which is I think stupid, since there is lots of mainstream metalcore but the genre in and by itself has nothing to do with mainstream and I'd like to laugh at anybody who calls Johnny Truant, SikTh or Misery Signals mainstream.

I similiarly don't get why Amaranthe gets labelled as metalcore (even here on MS), since they occasionally have some chuggy chuggity riffs and metalcore-ish vocals from the screamer but that's it. Zero hardcore elements. Even melometalcore bands who don't have much hardcore in them still do use more hardcore-ish rhythmic structures but not Amaranthe.
27.07.2013 - 18:13
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by psykometal on 27.07.2013 at 16:05
Unless your praising a band/album in one of those non-preferred genres. For example, I'm not particularly fond of doom but damn it all to hell if Officium Triste's Mors Viri is not one of my favorite finds of the year. And I checked that out because it was getting particularly high praise from almost everybody, especially known/trustworthy doomsters and music critics in general on MS like Marcel, Craig, Erik, etc.

I've been going back and forth about this album with Tanner and I still haven't even checked it out beyond the Rob Halford guest track...I should rectify that...

Yep, in that case your opinion would be worthwhile, as there's a big difference between disliking an album based on a bias towards it's genre, and liking an album in spite of that bias. The latter is something that you don't see very much of though! lol

I've heard of this band for a long time, but never actually heard anything by them until a month ago when I heard that song with Rob Halford. They are one of those bands who are vilified by the "true metal" brigade, but the song was much better than I was expecting, given the bashing they get from many metalheads.
27.07.2013 - 18:29
Uldreth
Written by Angelic Storm on 27.07.2013 at 18:13

Yep, in that case your opinion would be worthwhile, as there's a big difference between disliking an album based on a bias towards it's genre, and liking an album in spite of that bias. The latter is something that you don't see very much of though! lol

I've heard of this band for a long time, but never actually heard anything by them until a month ago when I heard that song with Rob Halford. They are one of those bands who are vilified by the "true metal" brigade, but the song was much better than I was expecting, given the bashing they get from many metalheads.

This is also true, I don't like this band that much myself, though I did listen to their first album several times but I am also listening to the Rob Halford track now and it doesn't sound bad at all. Then again I don't have much qualms about mainstream metal at all, lately I've been also listening a lot to Waking The Fallen by Avenged Sevenfold and I have always liked Amaranthe a lot.

These guys are the posterboys for mainstream metal and that makes them an easy target, but in that role they do pretty well I'd say. Lyrics suck yes but then again people don't care about how lame corpsefucking lyrics are when it comes to those so br00tulz dm bands.
28.07.2013 - 13:03
Saiyanity
I think the worst part about posting on a thread of a band/style you don't like is that people reading your opinion can potentially be deterred from listening to an album that they would have enjoyed. For example if I went to a grindcore (I've yet to hear a grindcore album I enjoy) album thread on this site and posted about how shitty the album was and some grindcore fan saw that comment they might just assume it's shit and never bother with it when in actuality they would have loved it, so in the end it's only detrimental. However I think it's very beneficial to express your distaste of albums within the genres that you do enjoy, because that gives other fans a legitimate reliable opinion and can save them the time of listening to bad albums. Pretty much the only time I think it's beneficial to comment on albums outside of your tastes is when you enjoyed them, as that's normally a sign of true quality and can hopefully expose that album to others who aren't normally into the given style.
29.07.2013 - 13:21
Rating: 1
Himedal
It appears to me that this is a fucking rap metal or something like that. Only the first track is good. others suck.
----
What goes by is life to be taken
The doom calls upon the forsaken
30.07.2013 - 02:22
Rating: 8
.Halpin.
If you like Five Finger Death Punch, you'll like the album. If you don't like Five Finger Death Punch, then you won't like the album. I find this album to be enjoyable, it has its WEAK moments but it also has its STRONG moments. The vocal melodies are great but at the same time a little predictable. Overall a pretty good album!
31.07.2013 - 11:44
Rating: 8
hidden_ninja
I like the music, the mixing and the overall quality... But the lyrics are seriously STUPID.
01.08.2013 - 10:49
Mattybu
You know I read the lyrics to a random song, watch you bleed and it reminds me lyrically of another "groove thrash" band, not to be named, with some of the dumbest lyrics of all time *cough* Pantera *cough*
17.08.2013 - 20:42
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by Coconut Racecar on 17.08.2013 at 08:41

I'm not even going to humor this album with a listen. This band made one good album and that was their first, after that all they did was try to become radio-friendly and accessible. From what I've seen in the comments, I'm doing myself a favor by passing it up.

Good day, 5FDP. Have fun along side the rest of the reject bands like SlipknoT and Bury Your Dead (although BYD actually managed to redeem themselves when Matt came back.)

I would take your post a lot more seriously if your band profile didn't completely contradict your ludicrous statement.
18.08.2013 - 04:00
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by Coconut Racecar on 18.08.2013 at 02:27

Oh? What is it to you that makes my profile contradictory?

Bashing a band like FFDP or Slipknot while you have bands like Korn, The Browning, Cannibal Corpse, Otep, Lacuna Coil and Torsofuck doesn't really support your cause.
18.08.2013 - 07:29
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by Coconut Racecar on 18.08.2013 at 05:55

Lol, actually I like to keep my profile filled with bands so I have lots of news to keep up to date with. It doesn't matter if I'm a big fan of the band or not, I like to see what they're producing because who knows, maybe I'll like it. This band however is getting removed from my profile because they've done nothing but get steadily worse.

So have pretty much all the bands I've listed and half the bands on your profile. What's your point?

Hits total: 24939 | This month: 38