Metal Storm logo
Recruiting Band Members

24.12.2006 - 17:22
Ravensclaw
Account deleted
i ain't too sure if this is allowed here so i will give it a shot. Well i currently in Glasgow Scotland and starting a new heavy metal band project, thus looking for band members so far we have 2 guitarists and a drummer, we are now seeking for a Vocailst and bassist.

we play similar stuff to Angra, Blind guardian, Edguy, helloween etc...

take contact if interested and please remove topic if not allowed..

Cheers
24.12.2006 - 17:28
Soliloquy
looking for a bassist shouldnt be all TOO hard. all you have to do is go to local guitar stores and post some sort of advertiesment in the shop. you'd be surprised how many bassists show up...

but then again, you might find bassists who listen to stuff like U2, and you also might find bassists who listen to Bathory or soemthing else.

good luck
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
25.12.2006 - 16:20
Sunioj
Find a good bassist man, find one that can play your music and make that foundation but at the same time make some interesting fills. In other words find a bassist with a real identity, and as Soliloquy said, not someone that just plays. But I dont want to tell you what kind of bassist you need, Im sure you have the idea of the perfect bassist. Vocalist, get one with good vocal range and consistency, last thing you want is a vocalist that ruins their voice because they dont know how sing correctly. IMO it would be good if that vocalist has a good stage presence.
29.12.2006 - 08:57
Ravensclaw
Account deleted
thanks for the advce guys, i know exactly what you mean for the bassist HELLRAIZER, i am looking for someone who doesnt just play the sheets but adds his own bit in, and for the vocalist if he doesnt have stage presence then he is useless as that is an essential thing for a band, it is just as important as the range.

Cheers guys

will be carrying out the research for the "perfect" musicians
23.01.2007 - 00:07
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
I'm looking for a keyboardist in Mexico, Texcoco or Df. Influences: Power, heavy, hard Rock...

Must like beer and party.
23.01.2007 - 22:53
klepsy
Account deleted
HELLO EVERYBODY....

due to the rules i cannot post anew topic because i am a new member of this forum,so please excuse....
my name is klepsy and i represent the band called MY SHADOW...in the past this band was active in Romania but due to the circumstances,I ended up in London.
Now,I wish to reform this band with new members,there is one album released by romanian label Bestial Records,and many many more songs written over the time .My instruments are drums,but with the old members i played as a vocal.
The course MY SHADOW is following is gothic/death metal with many influences so I cannot call it a fair-deal in saying what style it is.
There is a website where you can listen to some songs..some old -from the beginning of the band and some new taken from the album that has just been released and a few live performances in video.
So there are requierd:
Bass,2Guitars,Keys,Drumer or Vocal(one of these two last i can do it very well)
If anyone is interrested please contact at klepsy@yahoo.com.

and here is the site,actually there is a myspace page...

www.myshadow.us.tt

comments and sugestions about this band please HERE

with respect,KLEPSY
28.01.2007 - 18:09
NECURATU
Hi klepsy, nice to see you here. Way to go back at the tribute .

Anyhow, a friend of mine wants to set up a progressive death metal band, in the style of Opeth mostly. I joined on bass and if you're badass on guitar or keys and/or have a nice clean voice and growling capabilties please leave a message. (of course it'd be nice you live in Romania)

Many thanks
----
When the sun rises I take my flock on the balks
When the moon rises I tell the woods good night
28.01.2007 - 22:24
APOHAKC
The Bard
wow, I would like to play in both bands but I live in the middle of nowhere so it is quite impossible
I am looking for vocals for atmospheric black metal band, it is not important from where are you from, I can send music and that person can sccream it at his place and send it back to me, if anyone is interesting it would be cool. It is very hard to find other members in my place so I am desperate.
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
12.02.2007 - 02:23
Remus
Written by Guest on 29.12.2006 at 08:57

thanks for the advce guys, i know exactly what you mean for the bassist HELLRAIZER, i am looking for someone who doesnt just play the sheets but adds his own bit in, and for the vocalist if he doesnt have stage presence then he is useless as that is an essential thing for a band, it is just as important as the range.

Cheers guys

will be carrying out the research for the "perfect" musicians

What city do you live in dude? If it's jozi or Cape Town or Durban then there should be loads of bassists or vocalists looking to join a band. However, if you live in a small, shitty town like Secunda or Groblersdaal then finding a bassist is like looking for contraceptives in Britney Spears' bed-side drawer! Anyway good luck wit the band. If you guys make it big then PM me en tell me about it!
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
04.03.2007 - 02:40
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
hey

looking for a singer for a band, plays stuff like CoB, kalmah, wintersun, ETOS, norther etc.
Sydney, Australia

PM me if interested or would like more info.
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
05.01.2008 - 02:43
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
Hey Guys!

My friends and i are looking for Vocalists for the Tribute To Avantasia in Mexico DF, so if you are interested jus PM me!
29.10.2008 - 04:26
Hrothdane
I really want to get into a band, or even start a band if I have to, and I was wondering what resources you guys normally use to look for band members and recruit people. I'm looking to sing clean vocals, preferably for a more heavy/power/prog band, but I'll take anything to start with lol (provided I can sing clean of course-not very good at growling yet).
----
Despair is death, and I'm not interested in dying.

Member of the True Crusade against True Crusades
22.04.2009 - 18:58
vikingman369
To Ravensclaw, i know what you mean. i'm trying to star my band Maelstrom - i'm not sure what genre we would play...maybe speed metal, maybe heavy metal, maybe viking metal...heck, we might just try acoustic death-metal, to see what that's like (all with symphonic pieces). but finding people interested in metal down in the south-eastern continental U.S. is like searching for a straw-colored needle in a haystack...
----
"God it feels
Like it only rains on me" -- My World
02.05.2009 - 23:36
Alkaline
Looking for a bassist , lead guitarist , and a voclaist we play thrash like stuff we are not that good so I'd understand anyone turning use down me a and my drumber started a couple months ago. We are in Miami, FL pm me if your interested :/
03.05.2009 - 16:30
Smurfophagist
Mah who needs band members, I've recently mastered the keyboards as well
----
Having a signature is an absolute must.
14.05.2009 - 11:07
Eeric
Account deleted
Mistform is needing a drummer

Most preferably from Finland, ('cos then it's easier to practise) but you can be from elsewhere too

check our style from http://www.myspace.com/mistform
27.05.2009 - 11:54
ANGEL REAPER
Well i solve the lack of mussicians problem...I have a solo Black metal project
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
03.03.2010 - 05:15
soadbyob
Account deleted
Anyone near Central Texas need a rhythm guitarist, Im avalible. Manly Death/Thrash metal, with a lot of Classic Heavy influence.
22.03.2010 - 19:38
AMD
Bass player wanted in Central scotland /west lothian area

We're in need of a bass player to fill the last spot in our new melodic metal band. Someone over 18 who is influenced mostly by metal.

The situation is, we've been through a lot of line up changes trying to get this new band sorted, and we're almost there. All we need is the final part, a bassist. We have our own rehearsal space in Bathgate, no need for gear as it's all there including PA etc. We can use it as early as we like till as late as we like, any day. This is a big advantage and we rehearse around 3 times a week as a full band and almost every day individually.

Our sound would be considered melodic and certainly metal, but nothing exceptionally heavy. We aim to keep things melodic, with layered synths/samples and ambience.

The band currently consists of a vocalist, 2 guitarists, synth player and drummer. We currently have around 4 songs roughly wrote, and are being worked on individually with the addition of new members, which is bringing out the best in the tracks.

If you're interested, we can share a few samples of the tracks to see if it's your cup of tea. Also for you to write a few ideas to them in your own time, then we can arrange for a rehearsal to your convenience.

Lastly, it's a serious position. No time wasters please. We're putting a lot of time and effort into this so we expect full commitment and dedication. We hope to be gigging fully by the summer.

If you'd like to speak further, drop a reply or PM me. Nae spamming please.

Cheers

Ryan
----
www.myspace.com/amachinedivine
Gear list: Roland Fantom G7, Nord Electro 3, Nord Lead 2x, Novation KS rack, Novation Ultranova, Korg Mickrocorg, Korg X5DR, Arturia Analog Factory
01.05.2010 - 11:55
MetalMommy
Good luck! looking at shops and shows always helps.

I am an experienced death/grind vocalist...i might be female but i can go deeper and more solid than many men lol...i have years of experience,ive managed local bands in the past...in other words i know my shit...but i live in germany right now and i cant speak german...makes it really hard to find musicians. im here cause my husband is stationed here (army) i speak the bare basics of german and since everytime i try to speak german they start talking in english (i suppose its obvious im not from germany lol) i never learn any more! i wish i could find musicians to jam with and play some gigs, but i do not speak german. you know any websites that can help me find musicians in germany or in my specific area of germany? would help a great deal. ive been looking for shops around here etc. to put up a flyer, but so far i have not been able to find a music shop near me etc.
11.05.2010 - 16:12
ANGEL REAPER
You can always trust on kidnapping when it comes to recruiting band members......
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
12.05.2010 - 08:49
Overseer
Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum and thought i would give this a shot if anyone from Sydney is interested in singing for a new dark melodic death/black/alien metal !!! band

I thought i would post the info aswell as I have been having sometimes attaching the vox wanted poaster.
Apologies for the longish post!

Experienced Sydney based musicians looking for professional minded vocalist with a strong heavy voice, able to write interesting lyrical concepts and good stage presence.
Band plays dark melodic style tech death/black metal with soundtrack influences.

Must be serious and have a professional attitude.
Preferred ages around 20-30. Must have or be able to record vocal demo (quality doesn't matter)

To hear demo tracks and find out more of what we are about go to:

http://www.myspace.com/morningstarAD
24.07.2010 - 19:30
Sati
Hi there. A symphonic POWER metal band is looking for a solo guitarist in Szeged, Hungary. Contact: dreambound69[at]gmail.com

Sziasztok! Szegedi szimfónikus POWER metál zenekarba keresünk szóló gitárost. Elérhetőség: dreambound69[kukac]gmail.com
13.08.2010 - 12:16
Perseverance
Account deleted
Perverse Imagery is:
Me - Guitar, Sax, Vocal
OmegaZero - Guitar, Vocals

I cannot find a bassist or a drummer.