Metal Storm logo
Raise Hell

25.12.2006 - 12:33
matthioso

I just bought their last album 'City of the damned' and my word it's awesome! Great riffs, great atmosphere and the vocals are just wow

What do you think about them?
and what style do they actually play? I recognise ellements of thrash and black metal and sometimes the vocalist uses high heavy metal singing.
----
www.seedofrock.be
26.12.2006 - 09:28
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
Well, for the most part I think it is safe to label them as Black Thrash akin to bands like Aura Noir, Abigail, Deathwitch, In Aeternum etc. etc.(all bands you should listen to if you liked Raise Hell).

I haven't heard City Of The Damned yet, but I'll definately do so, as I am a fan of the predecessors, Not Dead Yet and Wicked Is My Game. Sweden always produces some excellent black-thrash.

Anyhow, they're a damn cool band, and a must listen for black/thrash enthusiasts. I'd say even thrashers should try this album out...
----
"You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And you hate the police, don't you? You make it easy."
29.12.2006 - 00:52
Empty Spaces
Unburied At Dusk
I think they're good though I've only have Holy Target...
01.10.2007 - 16:24
Rattlehead.cz

I like "Not dead yet", that is a really good album, I recommend it for all thrash fans.
I also know "Holy targer", but this one is not so interesting album.
25.10.2007 - 12:38
matthioso

'Holy target' is more of a black album. I don't like it as much as 'Not dead yet' and 'City of the damned', but it's still very listenable
----
www.seedofrock.be