‹‹ Back to the General metal forum Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Users visited: 229  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by DJ Cos on 31.07.2013 at 01:46
I was just wondering why YOU listen to metal these days... In the old days it was to defy, to stick it to the man, to be different, to explore, to express your self and more. Does this still apply or is it simpler now eg. ´I like the beats´.. or is it more complex eg. ´I get a sense of well-beeing counting beats in math-metal´ etc.

What are you looking for... What makes you happy?

I know what it is for me, but I wanna hear it from You

Cheers,
your ex metal DJ Cos

Page 4 of 4

sentinel65

16.05.2015 at 06:36
I grew up listening to heavy metal bands, especially Judas Priest. To put it bluntly, I listen to it because I like it and always have. If I think about it further, I have always enjoyed dark things and imagery, and many metal bands express this in their lyrics and their music. The combination of my love for reading and interest in the history of metal led to me learning about it very quickly.
musclassia

16.05.2015 at 15:14
I started listening to it because it sounded good. I continue listening to it because it sounds good. Image, persona and reputation might initially influence you listening to a certain type of music or a specific band, particularly when younger, but ultimately the music just has to do it for you. Hence why I haven't listened to bands such as Slayer or Morbid Angel for over a year according to iTunes, they helped me get into some parts of metal but just don't do it for me like other bands do
Kinetic

16.05.2015 at 16:46
It's a bit of a silly question because everyone is going to answer the obvious: we just like it.

The only difference is that the older I get, the more I am drawn to experimentation. There are some good metal bands of this klnd out there, but not nearly enough. As a consequence I am leaning towards to rock.

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Login or register to post here.