Metal Storm logo
Favorite Usage Of Sound Samples

31.07.2013 - 03:14
Lit.
Account deleted
As it says: Favorite usage of sound samples (movie, TV show clips, real life speeches, etc.).
I myself got a guilty pleasure of these being used.

My favorite songs where they're used:
Fear Factory - (H-K) Hunter-Killer
A sample from Terminator 2, I think: "They lived only to face a new nightmare - the war against the Machines."
Especially at the end.

Ministry - So What?
Various samples from The Violent Years, including the judge's dialog. Also some from Scarface, and I think the laugh is from A Fistful of Dollars.

Also quite like the samples used on Shining's Eerie Cold and Halmstad. There are loads others, but these are off the top of my head.

Let the games begin.
31.07.2013 - 06:26
DyingWorld

Ministry were always good with samples. Same goes for Impetigo. What can I say? I love those 70's exploitation/gore flicks.
01.08.2013 - 19:42
Wukk

There's only one I can think of that I think has been done well:

Then again, I haven't heard that many instances of sampling in metal, apart from in goregrind and the like, which I just don't enjoy listening to.
----
If you're 666 then I'm 777
http://www.last.fm/user/Joodicator
02.08.2013 - 22:08
mz

I havent heard many albums with samples but my favorite would be from gnaw their tongues
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
03.08.2013 - 00:30
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Ministry's "Thieves" immediately jumps to mind. Chock full o' Full Metal Jacket. Was always fun at the clubs when it came on, all the mosh-warriors would slow down, yell along, then get back to crashing into each other once it picked up again.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
09.08.2013 - 14:29
bloodyrenn
Account deleted
It's kind of ironic because I am actually a huge horror film fan but am not really into the metal subgenres that tend to embrace horror film samples (namely death metal). I know bands like Impetigo, Entombed (at least the early stuff) and a whole slew of others sample the films that I love but they're not what I am into, haha. As for what I do dig I find that the samples played throughout When The Walls Go Down by Evergrey are quite potent and masterfully placed throughout the song. The samples of The Wicker Man (the original, of course) found throughout Agalloch's The White EP are very enjoyable as well.
09.08.2013 - 20:01
Neroese
Account deleted
Veil of Maya - Punisher (probably). THeres a sample from guy from YT who discuss about Periphery and djent.
10.08.2013 - 17:19
R'Vannith
ghedengi
From memory of recent listens this track by Ava Inferi uses a bit from The Wicker man film (the older one, not the one with Cage)
12.08.2013 - 23:26
Sinfonia

Aborted uses some good samples in their songs. My favorites are Meticilous Invagnation and Dead Wreckoning.
----
When there is a voice recalling, when a whisper is resounding
When a feather's grazing you again, you start traveling with your mind.
21.08.2013 - 17:30
Wukk

After listening to The Algorithm's debut full-length again, I've been reminded how much I like Rémi's use of samples all the way through.

EDIT: Now that I've heard it for the first time, Dream Theater's Space-Dye Vest. It's already an emotional song, but that first sample adds SO much. At least, to me. Not really sure why it does, either.
----
If you're 666 then I'm 777
http://www.last.fm/user/Joodicator