Metal Storm logo
Who should be Yngwie Malmsteen's next singer?

01.08.2013 - 02:54
Empyror

If Yngwie Malmsteen doesn't bring back Tim "Ripper" Owens for his next album, who do you think his next vocalist should be? Would you like to see a seasoned veteran or a young up and comer? He brought back Mark Boals for a second time so maybe a previous singer is a possibility.
01.08.2013 - 22:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
If Craig keep it open , so I will comment

Only Vocalist what enjoy whit Yngwie was Joe Lynn Turner, because Yngwie just play, I read it somewhere about Joe Satrianni, he is guitarist whit out soul, same is Malmsteen, I never enjoyed his weird songs, only JLY on vocals, maybe litle older, so I dont know what could be , since I dont know so much new vocalists
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
03.08.2013 - 12:13
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 01.08.2013 at 22:07

Only Vocalist what enjoy whit Yngwie was Joe Lynn Turner, because Yngwie just play, I read it somewhere about Joe Satrianni, he is guitarist whit out soul, same is Malmsteen, I never enjoyed his weird songs, only JLY on vocals, maybe litle older, so I dont know what could be , since I dont know so much new vocalists

Satriani is without soul?! Really? He is much better than Malmsteen anyway. And he had the guts to experiment a bit which Malmsteen never did.
03.08.2013 - 13:00
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 03.08.2013 at 12:13

Written by Bad English on 01.08.2013 at 22:07

Satriani is without soul?! Really? He is much better than Malmsteen anyway. And he had the guts to experiment a bit which Malmsteen never did.

indeed, Satriani just blows Malmsteen away, even though I do enjoy Malmsteen. And like you said Satriani has loads of soul to his playing and experiments quite a bit. Just listen to his first album and compare it to his other solo albums.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

03.08.2013 - 13:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I like Satriani early albums , I have Flying In A Blue Think, but both are way to far from being good, I can not listen those 2 long time, I am bored, Malmsteen, maybe 80's albums, but generaly he is boring and about soul think I mean , I heard on planeterock radio at old days somebody said , that some reporter write about Satriani, I simoly use his quote and say aboiut Malmsteen .... he is nothing special

EDDIT: and those Joe experments is why I ont like him, its way to more away from metal or its such kind of metal related what I dont like, Malmsteen didnt expement and played same music what actualuy is so boring ... funny why I never have been borded from primitive ac/dc riffs
----

apos;'
[image]
03.08.2013 - 14:27
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 03.08.2013 at 13:28

I like Satriani early albums , I have Flying In A Blue Think, but both are way to far from being good, I can not listen those 2 long time, I am bored, Malmsteen, maybe 80's albums, but generaly he is boring and about soul think I mean , I heard on planeterock radio at old days somebody said , that some reporter write about Satriani, I simoly use his quote and say aboiut Malmsteen .... he is nothing special

EDDIT: and those Joe experments is why I ont like him, its way to more away from metal or its such kind of metal related what I dont like, Malmsteen didnt expement and played same music what actualuy is so boring ... funny why I never have been borded from primitive ac/dc riffs

You lost me completely with what you said there...
So you think both Malmsteen and Satriani are boring. I don't understand why you brought Satriani into this discussion, it's off topic anyway. Comparing the two guitarists is pretty much pointless anyway because they have different styles.

I don't think finding a good vocalist is the problem with Yngwie but creating some interesting music (which in my opinion he hasn't made since Magnum Opus, back in 1995 if I remember right). I think a little bit of experimentation could save his career right now.
03.08.2013 - 14:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 03.08.2013 at 14:27

Written by Bad English on 03.08.2013 at 13:28

You lost me completely with what you said there...
So you think both Malmsteen and Satriani are boring. I don't understand why you brought Satriani into this discussion, it's off topic anyway. Comparing the two guitarists is pretty much pointless anyway because they have different styles.

I don't think finding a good vocalist is the problem with Yngwie but creating some interesting music (which in my opinion he hasn't made since Magnum Opus, back in 1995 if I remember right). I think a little bit of experimentation could save his career right now.

I didnt brought him, you and Marcel did :p
I use only quote about satriani and soul to put same meaning to Malmsteen
so I prefere satrianieb arly days, but I dont like Malmsteem, maybe Rising Fource album, and its maybe,
I did enjoy Live In Leningrad , whit JLT on vox,

Yes its true findig vocalist is not problem, but like I said at main post I dunno names but his guitar skills even how good it is, he seems play something and all songs to me sounds boring

Well he has enough money he can go to penrsion now
----

apos;'
[image]
03.08.2013 - 17:08
Empyror

I completely understand why a lot of people find his music boring and dislike him as a person. He basically lives in an 80's cliche fantasy world that he's made for himself. But for his die hard fan base, myself being one of those, we like him just the way he is and don't want him to change. It's like a Motorhead album or AC/DC or a similar band like that. We keep coming back because we know what we are going to get and they never let us down. There are some band you listen to because they DO constantly change and you can't wait to see what move they are going to make next and then you have bands that you listen to because they do the same thing over and over consistently. Yngwie is basically power metal anyways and one of it's originators. While I love it and it's my favorite genre, it's not a genre that's known for it's wild experimentations. While it does happen here and there, power metal for the most part is pretty straight forward and predictable, but that's what i listen to it for. To get back on topic here, there's a ton of guys I would love to hear sing on a Malmsteen record but realistically it has to be someone who is sort of between gigs or is in a lesser known band who could use the status boost. As far as guys kind of floating around not doing anything too serious, Olaf Hayer or ZP Theart would fit well I think. Both have been in similar neo-classicaly inspired shredfest bands. If he brings back a previous vocalist, I would love to see Mats Leven return. He is one of my favorite Malmsteen singers and It's a shame he only got to do one album when most of them get at least two. I would also like to see DC Cooper get with Malmsteen. I think his voice fits so well will Royal Hunt and Silent Force which are similar bands. I don't know whether he would consider the jump to Malmsteen from Royal Hunt an upgrade or a downgrade.
03.08.2013 - 17:59
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Empyror on 03.08.2013 at 17:08

I completely understand why a lot of people find his music boring and dislike him as a person. He basically lives in an 80's cliche fantasy world that he's made for himself. But for his die hard fan base, myself being one of those, we like him just the way he is and don't want him to change. It's like a Motorhead album or AC/DC or a similar band like that. We keep coming back because we know what we are going to get and they never let us down. There are some band you listen to because they DO constantly change and you can't wait to see what move they are going to make next and then you have bands that you listen to because they do the same thing over and over consistently. Yngwie is basically power metal anyways and one of it's originators. While I love it and it's my favorite genre, it's not a genre that's known for it's wild experimentations. While it does happen here and there, power metal for the most part is pretty straight forward and predictable, but that's what i listen to it for. To get back on topic here, there's a ton of guys I would love to hear sing on a Malmsteen record but realistically it has to be someone who is sort of between gigs or is in a lesser known band who could use the status boost. As far as guys kind of floating around not doing anything too serious, Olaf Hayer or ZP Theart would fit well I think. Both have been in similar neo-classicaly inspired shredfest bands. If he brings back a previous vocalist, I would love to see Mats Leven return. He is one of my favorite Malmsteen singers and It's a shame he only got to do one album when most of them get at least two. I would also like to see DC Cooper get with Malmsteen. I think his voice fits so well will Royal Hunt and Silent Force which are similar bands. I don't know whether he would consider the jump to Malmsteen from Royal Hunt an upgrade or a downgrade.

I dont know him in pereson, so how can I know what kind a person he is?
I never said I dislike him as a person, I only dislike his music, because it is so boring to me
Royal Hund is boring to
----

apos;'
[image]
05.08.2013 - 01:12
Empyror

Written by Irritable Ted on 05.08.2013 at 00:08

Daniel Heiman (Lost Horizon). Tony Harnell (TNT). Simon Kostro (Pathfinder). Niklas Isfeldt (Dream Evil). Or, bring back Mike Verscera.

Awesome suggestions! All those guys are worthy of the gig and I didn't think of even ONE of them. I would also welcome Mike back. Vescera and Leven are probably my two favorite Malmsteen vocalists. And I recently got into Obsession and Reign of Terror because I just had to hear Mike sing more.
05.08.2013 - 13:56
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
He should use Joe Lynn Turner again (if the guy's voice still holds up) or the totally awesome Jeff Scott Soto, who is still an awesome vocalist and has grown immensely as a vocalist when compared to what he did with Malmsteen earlier on
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

06.08.2013 - 00:19
Empyror

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 05.08.2013 at 13:56

He should use Joe Lynn Turner again (if the guy's voice still holds up) or the totally awesome Jeff Scott Soto, who is still an awesome vocalist and has grown immensely as a vocalist when compared to what he did with Malmsteen earlier on

I agree with what you said about Soto. He is actually one of my least favorite Malmsteen singers, but when you listen to what he did with Axel Rudi Pell, which is a similar sounding band, he totally knocks it out of the park. JLT just did some guest vocals for Avantasia and still sounded pretty good, albeit in a limited role compared to what he would do with Malmsteen. I would definitely be ok with either of these guys coming back.
06.08.2013 - 01:24
Pennywise
Account deleted
Lance King would be a great songer for his band, just listen to Melanchonly Beast.
10.09.2013 - 23:55
DragonSavior X10

How about Jorn Lande?
11.09.2013 - 12:16
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by DragonSavior X10 on 10.09.2013 at 23:55

How about Jorn Lande?

Yngwie ha sno skills to make such guitar riffs as JL band aquares
----

apos;'
[image]
16.10.2013 - 13:42
Supernaut

I dunno, Joe Lynn Turner is my least favourite Deep Purple vocalist (not too mention he's nowhere near Ronnie James Dio in Rainbow), so how can he be better with Malmsteen?
20.11.2013 - 15:26
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Written by Supernaut on 16.10.2013 at 13:42

I dunno, Joe Lynn Turner is my least favourite Deep Purple vocalist (not too mention he's nowhere near Ronnie James Dio in Rainbow), so how can he be better with Malmsteen?

actually he sang for Yngwie before and it worked out nicely
20.11.2013 - 15:42
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 20.11.2013 at 15:26

Written by Supernaut on 16.10.2013 at 13:42

actually he sang for Yngwie before and it worked out nicely

Indeed, he was totally great on Odyssey.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

21.11.2013 - 21:23
rosenhof

I wouldn't mind having Göran Edman back on vocals, but does it has to be a guy?
There are plenty of good female vocalists out there, Yngwie need something new even though the latter albums Relentless & Spellbound are a big step up from the in my opinion just decent albums after the peak Odyssey. But I doubt that any of the old singers will join him again, they know him too well.
Can I suggest a change of wife/manager/leash owner?

Why not Olaf Hayer? as singer
New wife I let someone else to suggest :-)

Too bad that the wife's didn't came in the reverse order then may April have chased away Andy Trueman and the sweet Tallee would be beside Yngwie.