Metal Storm logo
James Brown is dead!

25.12.2006 - 20:25
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
James Brown, Soul Brother Number One, died this morning at the age of 73 at 1:45AM from severe pneumonia. He will be tragically missed. I am literally in tears right now. He was the greatest showman period! Without him, so many things musically would simply not be the way they are today. He will be greatly missed. Rap, soul, funk, whatever...he never stopped giving and wanted little back in return.
26.12.2006 - 01:02
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Oh My Fucking God! I thought he would live forever! I was listening to him not long after I got into the Chili peppers, and that wasn't long after I got into music, he was one of the people that got me into music in the first place. I used to love funk a lot, and I still do. He also Gave a lot to the rap industry, his drum loops are what got it all started with the beats, and Just listen to the song "Express yourself" by NWA, they use a hook from his version of that song. I will truly miss him, R.I.P. Man.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
26.12.2006 - 03:02
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Well, he did a lot of cocaine so for him to get to that age is pretty good. Yeah, the Funky Drummer...good tune...man, that beat has been sampled by countless artists eh...
29.12.2006 - 19:37
Icewings
La Luna
R.I.P James Brown indeed like you guys said one of the best out there I will certainly miss him a lot , but I hope he is in heaven now ,ok one thing that I can't believe is that after he broke up with that girl and everything who was married , she goes into the repartition of goods when he died ....
how dare she ..anyways we will always remember you James Brown .
----

Metalheads for Black Lives and Land Back
30.12.2006 - 02:02
..HumanError..
Account deleted
I heard of it on TV.... Rest In Peace... Mum cried when she heard the news. Its a shame hes gone already. Legends like him live forever anyways. He's maybe dead, but his music is still here, and still influences tons and tons of artists.

RIP, farewell, the one who made so many people Feel Good...
02.01.2007 - 03:04
Warman
Erotic Stains
He's a legend, I guess he has my respect for that
----
02.01.2007 - 21:55
Icewings
La Luna
Yes Indeed he is a legend , he brought so many things to music that he will never be forgotten .
----

Metalheads for Black Lives and Land Back
08.01.2007 - 09:04
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
a real shame, I actually had front row to his show on the 10th (in calgary)......damn why could he wait 3 weeks?
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
11.01.2007 - 20:17
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
He was supposed to be in Ottawa but I guess he's going to be MIA
12.01.2007 - 17:28
Lupas
Maximus
A legend that will never die.
His music will remains for eternity .
RIP
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
04.06.2008 - 06:23
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
james brown is immortal. he pulled a peter steele and is chillin somewhere in the bahamas with a few shots of liquid cocaine and some ACTUAL cocaine, sittin in a lawn chair reading a copy of the dupont registry. oh yeah. thats the james brown i envision.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
01.07.2009 - 18:50
cmusiclives
Account deleted
RIP godfather of soul