06. Mister
07. Dark Night Of The Soul
08. Her Eyes Black
09. Line In....Line Down
10. Pig
11. Erevos
12. Deep Black Will
13. Dawn Revelation

I bet everyone knows Rotting Christ and Septic Flesh, what you might not know is that NoiD and Z, x-keyboardists of these bands, have formed a dark industrial/electro band named Siva Six which had a big impact in the scene with their debut album, "Rise New Flesh". Well, the time has arrived for their second attempt and the name of it "Black Will". Two are the main characteristics someone may notice while listening to "Black Will", the first one is the fact that the band sounds more mature, strengthening its personal sound identity, whereas the second one is the fact that the darkness is more internal, flowing from within, sophisticated darkness that surrounds the listener and chains him in the deepest chambers of the blackest abyss.

What is really remarkable is that you won't find here what we call a "hit" song, of course there are some songs that stand out as more representative of Siva Six, but the album flows as one with the chemistry between the songs being perfect if i may say, you lose yourself in an intense storm of everflowing darkness, being unable to do anything else but embrace it. The more upbeat passages are still vivid, but this time the band managed to give more meaning to an overall mid-tempo feeling, an astonishing ominous atmosphere, without forgetting to present some more low or up tempo passages that enrich the atmosphere or make it more intense in the shape of devastating outbursts breeding with despair. NoiD is a master of dark aesthetic, opening new horizons of oblivion through his synth-born melodies and electronic holocausts, offering passages of hallucinating euphoria or nightmarish visions, making the sound of the band more complicated and affected, whereas Z sounds a bit different on "Black Will", his vocals are more abysmal, not the more straight to your face distorted vocals he had on "Rise New Flesh", of course he kept this aspect of his interpretation (like on "Mister"), but he took his vocals some steps further by sounding more imposing and threatening. The mystic recites in Greek on "Dawn Revelation" are utterly atmosphere-evoking and lead the album to the ideal end through an intense and blackened feeling being vivid all around. The FX, the beat, the samples and the sounds of heavy industry are always present, lending either a more powerful or more atmospheric view, depending on the passage and the composition.

Something worth mentioning is that the more orchestral moments of the album were arranged by Christos Antoniou (x-Septic Flesh, Chaostar, ThedevilworX) and the sinister and morbid cover was done by Spiros Antoniou, a.k.a. SetH (x-Septic Flesh, ThedevilworX), who has worked for covers with well-known bands like Paradise Lost, Caliban, Heaven Shall Burn etc. Also, the mastering of the album was done by John Rivers (well known for his work with Clan Of Xymox, Dead Can Dance and Sopor Aeternus) and the really good and surrounding production, which makes the compositions sound even stronger and sound the way they deserve to, was done by Dimitris Douvras (member of another rising force in the Greek industrial/electro scene, Iambia - it's good to see Siva Six and Iambia befriending each other and let's not forget the wonderful remix of NoiD on "Kaosmancer").

All in all, we're talking about a masterpiece in the dark electro/industrial scene that stands proud in front of well-known acts from abroad. Siva Six show that they don't intend to remain stable, they take their sound steps forward, showing a more mature face that will show no mercy with songs like "Her Eyes Black", "See The Six", "Now It's Dark", "Mister", "The Seal" etc, i could go on and i suppose i would have mentioned almost all of the songs of the album, so i won't continue, i will let yourselves cherish all the chaos and all the magic Siva Six present, so proceed, "now it's dark"!

Rating breakdown
Performance: 10
Songwriting: 9
Originality: 9
Production: 9

Written on 25.12.2006 by "It is myself I have never met, whose face is pasted on the underside of my mind."

Comments

Comments: 2   Visited by: 19 users
25.12.2006 - 23:09
Damnated
Churchburner
Sounds very good. gonna check'em out now.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
05.01.2007 - 17:41
VaronoZz
Vampbaron
saw them live, good stuff
----
give praise for the blood it bled,
grant a rose for the dead...

Hits total: 3373 | This month: 11