Metal Storm logo
Haken - Premiere Debut Video

British prog metal band Haken premiere their debut official video for the song "Pareidolia". The 11-minute long track appears on the band's upcoming new album, The Mountain, to be released by InsideOut Music on September 2nd. The Mountain will be available on several different formats, including a limited edition digipak CD which includes two bonus tracks, a standard jewelcase CD, a heavyweight gatefold 2LP and digital download. More album details were previously reported here.

The band had this to say about the track: "This song is at the heavier end of the Haken spectrum. It's a bit of a culture clash too. We had fun incorporating the Hindu scale, some tribal percussion and even a Greek bouzouki into our sound. We asked Marc Papeghin to create the visuals for us after he blew us away with his epic 22 minute "Visions" video."

Source: youtube.com
Band profile: Haken
Posted: 05.08.2013 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 58 users
05.08.2013 - 23:55
muska

Liked the song a lot, need to give these guys a listen
06.08.2013 - 00:46
qlacs
"The Quaker"
First Haken song I enjoyed from start to finish. Definitely promising
----
06.08.2013 - 03:02
Doge of Venice

RJs voice is really good on this song. He seems to really be growing as a vocalist as they release albums. There were some points on the first that would make me cringe. But it's much nicer here.

Rest of the song isn't half bad either. :3
06.08.2013 - 04:04
Stabby
Account deleted
Great! This is miles better than the new Dream Theater single, they should be more popular than they are.
06.08.2013 - 04:29
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by qlacs on 06.08.2013 at 00:46

First Haken song I enjoyed from start to finish. Definitely promising

Yea I found this track is much more cohesive than their previous works imo, as if they actually tried to make the music flow this time and avoiding the filler stuff that usually follows attempts to be proggy. But then again I don't know them THAT well
06.08.2013 - 18:34
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Much better than the previous song despite the wanking which I enjoy (in prog of course).
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram

Hits total: 2052 | This month: 2