03. Disguise
04. Fragments
05. Production Peak
06. Left Hand Of The Devil
07. Fleshing
08. Let It Bleed
09. Prepare To Die
10. Ignoring Pain

Total Devastation is not a very original name for a band? not even for a song! So when I received this Cd and I read the info sheet, I was "great, another band that thinks that they're so bad that had to name themselves, Total Devastation", but when I saw the cover art I changed my mind, for a name like that I would have expected corpses, blood, skulls, demons, you know, the usual cliché in unoriginal Metal bands. But instead of that we get a pretty interesting cover art, mainly in red and orange, with a high tension tower, hmm interesting?

As soon you begin to listen the first thing that strikes you are the keyboards, they give the music an "Industrial" edge, that fits perfectly with the style of Death Metal they play, as a matter of fact, I think you can call this Industrial Death Metal!

AS the record goes on, you come across with different types of songs, each unique in its own way, and the industrial elements are always present. Sadly not every song is a killer and there are some fillers, but they keep this reduced to a minimum, and with excellent songs like "Left Hand Of The Devil", "Fleshing" ,"Struggling From Chokehold" and "Prepare To Die" (this one features some violins!), doesn't matter if the album has a few not so interesting songs, because this ones really compensate that.

If you like Metal bands with a "machinery" atmosphere like Fear Factory, this record is your kind of music, I can't wait to hear more form this guys, because I really liked this album. So what does that the future holds for Total Devastation? Only time will tell, but personally I would like to hear more of those violins mixed with the industrial samples, sounds great! who would it thought it?

Written by Undercraft | 16.10.2003

Comments

Comments: 2   Visited by: 17 users
27.12.2006 - 16:24
DLMokoma
Account deleted
TD is okay, not my favorite, but still good and original even.
24.05.2008 - 02:25
Rating: 7
HardSide

Probably only there best album, to date anyway (2008)

Hits total: 2892 | This month: 8