05. Crawl
06. I Am The Sun
07. Saints And Sinners
08. One More Day
09. Mistaken
10. Shine On
11. Century
12. Slip Inside

Can you let me know if you've already heard something about Voodoo Six before today? Maybe that I'm lost but this is the first time that I see something about this band which releases this year its second album "First Hit For Food". Good surprises are always welcome anyway and even if "First Hit For Food" is not the revelation of the year, this is a good album which leads me to the conclusion that Voodoo Six deserves the attention of the people who uses to listen to good Hard and Alternative Rock.

If you like Audioslave, if you like Hard Rock and Stoner I'm sure that you'll enjoy this release. I cannot say that Voodoo Six has invented something really special and original but if you like good big riffs, classy guitars soli, groovy melodies and cool "Rock" spirit, I'm ready to bet some money that you'll like the album. The songs are not fast a bit mid-tempo with big Rock n Roll melodies and heavy riffs in addition of the voice of the singer Henry Rundell who is a bit similar to the one of Steven Tyler or Jeff Keith of Tesla. Voodoo Six is not a band which has tried to create something different but let's be honest these British dudes know how to play good heavy Rock and I think that the people who like Hard FM like the ones who like the new scene (with Audioslave and all those bands) will find a real interest in this release.

"First Hit For Food" is not a really complex album but the musicians are good and the guitars parts are really good (the soli are classy really). Also the singer is really good no doubt and anyway all the musicians give good vibes when they play their music. This is just a bit sad that the production lacks a bit of power sometime but all in all this is correct and even if "First Hit For Food" is not a revolutionary album this is a solid release and I'm sure that the fans of Hard Rock will love it.

Let's keep an eye on Voodoo Six, this band could become something really. Don't forget that this is not Metal and more Alternative Rock but if you like melodic music and cool US Rock you'll like it for sure. "First Hit For Food" is a good album, Voodoo Six a promising band, what are you waiting for? Just try it and you'll probably discover a cool new band.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 8
Originality: 6
Production: 7

Written by Jeff | 14.10.2008

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 4 users
11.08.2013 - 19:33
Carl Berg
Carl Berg
Good review, ut just a little detail: it's not "First Hit For Food" but "First Hit For Free"...

Hits total: 2884 | This month: 8