Metal Storm logo
Clandestine Cuts Vol. 3 Issue #6 - Awesome New Demos and EPs

Written by: D.T. Metal, BloodTears, Abattoir, Boxcar Willy, X-Ray Rod
Published: 21.08.2013

Clandestine Cuts Volume 3, Issue #6
The Metal Storm Demo/EP Spotlight

Brand New Independent Metal Lives Here.
Welcome to the Clandestine Cuts!

Is independent, unsigned, and underground metal what you seek? Weary traveler of the metal world, rest here a while. Clandestine Cuts are the best demos and EPs from these bands, the heart and soul of metal music. These musicians are slaves to their passions, and their blood keeps the metal machine alive and turning. Support them with a simple listen, and discover the future.

Metal Storm users: you can vote in the poll below to chose your favorite demo/EP of the issue. The winners each year are nominated in our annual Metal Storm Awards so exercise your rights: this is the one category chosen completely by YOU the readers. Make sure your favorite independent metal is recognized each year!

(Think your band has what it takes to be featured in the Cuts? Contact Susan or email Susan @ MetalStorm . net to submit your music.)

In case you're new at this, go back and enjoy our last few issues:

Clandestine Cuts Vol. 3 #5
Clandestine Cuts Vol. 3 #4
Clandestine Cuts Vol. 3 #3
Clandestine Cuts Vol. 3 #2

And now to the new music...

A Greed Science - Ignorant Being
Listen at Bandcamp

Oh man, this is definitely quite a mouthful! What these Aussies are presenting us is a clever mess of extreme genres. You can find from thrash to grindcore, from death to doomy passages and even some hardcore moments here and there. The thing that's really impressive about this band is to hear all these different influences in such a cohesive and well-structured 17 min EP. We are dealing with some seriously good and varied songwriting here and the old-school sound is just the icing on the cake.

by Mr. Doctor

Enemy Insects - If It Ain't Fast, It Ain't Shit
Listen at Bandcamp

Enemy Insects is a hardcore punk/grindcore band straight out of Baltimore. They play fast, they play groovy, and they play hard. Their brand of groovy grind is full of energy, aggression and pure punk fun. Fast, short songs and quick riffs only add to the punk vibe. While sounding a little amateur, this EP is a great starting point and I'm sure they will create some more awesome punk in the future. They also have released it via cassette which is also pretty cool.

by BoxCar Willy

Question - Promo 2012
Listen at Bandcamp

If there's a kind of death metal that I will always enjoy, it has to be the old school variant that has a constant evil and ritualistic vibe going on underneath the assault. After an ambient intro the Mexican band Question delivers just that with morbid riffs, low throat-friendly vocals and doomy passages scattered around this 30 min release. This promo definitely shows that the band is ready to release full lengths albums, considering the very tight performance and the production which is perfectly clear (for the style that is).

by Mr. Doctor

Heartless - Certain Death
Listen at Bandcamp

"Peace in the whole wide world" or Certain Death? Straight to the fact. Scathing and relentless combo of straight forward grindcore sound that occasionally tends to the crust punk/hardcore directions (especially vocals). Certain Death is very convincing at grabbing the listeners attention with its breakthrough transitions and cruel power violence sound, that will blow you away through this set. 8 tracks, 11 minutes, harsh approach, and chain breaking execution. Peace my ass bitches.

by Abattoir

Brutai - Brutai
Listen at Bandcamp

With their self-titled debut EP, British Brutai manages to show remarkable quality and be convincing. Their music feels refreshing. If you don't believe me, just listen to the standout track "Sleepers" which has an epic solo and is both exciting and challenging; a true testament to their melodic progressive side. However, that is just one side of them. The technical aspect and metalcore intertwine just as nicely. The atmosphere of the songs comes across as dark and bursts out sudden strokes of heaviness. What makes this EP good is that it is very diverse in terms of musical avenues, vocals/growls while never loosing focus and coherence.

by BloodTears

Rough Hands - Rough Hands
Listen at Bandcamp

Blistering, vocally intense hardcore with a tad of metalcore thrown in; in other words, this is pretty damn near my definition of perfect. Mind blowing vicious vocals, and I mean crazy intense vocals, lead the rampaging bulldozer of force that is this little EP. Clocking in a just shy of 8 minutes, it is over before it even starts.

by BoxCar Willy

Employed To Serve - Long Time Dead
Listen at Bandcamp

Weird and intriguing female fronted grindcore? Count me in! A savage release consisting of 6 songs that are just a tad over 10 minutes. The mix of prog, grindcore and hardcore is fresh and fun. Odd production and short songs add to the musical flavor. Short and sweet, this album rocked my socks and then some.

by BoxCar Willy

Poll

What's your favorite new release this issue?

Login or register to vote. Results are hidden

Comments

Comments: 10   Visited by: 150 users
22.08.2013 - 05:12
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
*Cough* Rough Hands *cough*
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
22.08.2013 - 11:05
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Boxcar Willy on 22.08.2013 at 05:12

*Cough* Rough Hands *cough*

Come on, that's just not fair. Brutai people!
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
22.08.2013 - 19:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
1th time than non single band is good to me, no voting, all sucks,sorry
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
23.08.2013 - 07:50
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Bad English on 22.08.2013 at 19:04

1th time than non single band is good to me, no voting, all sucks,sorry

There's lots of "core" and weird things here, which aren't your fortay, so I suppose it's understandable you don't like any of them.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
29.08.2013 - 02:21
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
"Question" definitely win on this one for me, although nothing was particularly great.
29.08.2013 - 11:27
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Shame there's no love for A Greed Science. I think they are onto something here.
----
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
31.08.2013 - 20:34
R Lewis

CC are too extreme for me this time, if I have to choose, Brutai
----
We could be so much more than we are. Stop.
02.09.2013 - 11:08
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by X-Ray Rod on 29.08.2013 at 11:27

Shame there's no love for A Greed Science. I think they are onto something here.

I strongly feel that anyone listening to that EP can surely love only song "Dealing in Justice" in it. Rest, it's good but not brilliant enough to get my vote counted. Still, your rec's are really good. I'm loving Question...
21.09.2013 - 19:02
NocturnalStalker
Metal Addict
Finally, after one month has passed, I've found time to check out the new CC issue. I must say I was surprised to find mostly -core stuff, which is not my cup of tea.
I've voted for Brutai simply because its music sounds pretty interesting. I think that I'm getting another favourite progressive metalcore band along with Between The Buried And Me and Protest The Hero. Thanks to BloodTears for this great recommendation!
----
"And we are not who we think we are
We are who we're afraid to be"
- Lux Occulta "The Opening of Eleventh Sephirah"
22.09.2013 - 14:56
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by NocturnalStalker on 21.09.2013 at 19:02

Finally, after one month has passed, I've found time to check out the new CC issue. I must say I was surprised to find mostly -core stuff, which is not my cup of tea.
I've voted for Brutai simply because its music sounds pretty interesting. I think that I'm getting another favourite progressive metalcore band along with Between The Buried And Me and Protest The Hero. Thanks to BloodTears for this great recommendation!

Oh, I'm glad you like it And yes, Between The Buried And Me comes to mind when you listen to Brutai. It's definitely one band to look out for if you are into progressive metalcore and don't avoid the word "core" like the plague as some ppl do.
----

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram

Hits total: 6998 | This month: 38