‹‹ Back to the General metal forum Pages: 1 [2]
Users visited: 164  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by no one on 23.08.2013 at 09:57
We all own a shit load of metal and a lot of the metal bands/musicians we consider as really good, but which ones stand out to be flawless (or just about) ? what musicians hold the ultimate uniqueness of perfection ? not live, just in the music itself

I myself am still on the journey to find that sound, though i have only been listening to my preferred genre of metal for about two years now and there so many fucking bands yet to hear.
But i think in all roundness the band i could probably listen to all day in awe at the moment is 'Hypothermia' (yeah say what ya want its just how i am )..still not close to perfect though, that band is still out there

Page 2 of 2

Daniell
GlenDronach!

27.08.2013 at 23:12
Written by no one on 27.08.2013 at 21:59

no, only a highly educated chosen few have that sort of knowledge

Not sure what you're getting at. However, I don't think I'd belong to those chosen few.
----
Now loving:
Oranssi Pazuzu - Vino Verso
Fates Warning - And Yet It Moves
Death Angel - Territorial Instinct
Newsted - Nocturnus
!J.O.O.E.!
Mr. Off-Topic

28.08.2013 at 05:05

Well yes really. People that are both experienced in the field in question, and also have a relatively decent personal perspective on the general scene. Perhaps I am overrating the people than can accurately answer this question. I don't know really.
----
BestMetalstormer

28.08.2013 at 05:56
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 28.08.2013 at 05:05

Well yes really. People that are both experienced in the field in question, and also have a relatively decent personal perspective on the general scene. Perhaps I am overrating the people than can accurately answer this question. I don't know really.

I do get the same answer for the topic... Like i like song Fear Of The Dark of Iron Maiden, and some other songs, but i dont dig them much, but i know the important of Iron Maiden music for metal, getting why they are hall of fame, theif technique, their influence, their style, liveshow, album songs quality, blah... But they are not my flawless band becuz i dont dig or give them much attention simply, but i do understand why they are considered flawless by others, as an example with i have stated about Iron Maiden, so leastly we can learn from the suggestion that the band is flawless of the ppl then know that band as recommendation or if repeated by others means that band is big shot... If not a famous band then we can find they are unique to the point that very original to find considered flawless..

On the other hand one of my criteria is:

- you must like all songs that you have listened to of the band you consider flawless, that means every songs you know and listened to of them, you like all and that it makes you repeated. Its not thast they have 50 songs, than you must like all 50, no, but of you have listened to 40 songs of them and you like all and replayed than its the band flawless of you (the songs you never known or listened to even one time, dont need to count)

-you like the band you considered flawless wholeheartly, someone can prefer In Flames, than Metallica or Iron Maiden, yeah

- I do believe it can be considered that they are the best band of you, not only you, your life of music listening hobby career...

Summed up, it is rare case that finding out flawless band, but there is for each one imo, and i dont think each metalhead can have more than one flawless band and more than 3 candidate bands for contest of finding out flawless band...or some doesnt have blah..

I have Windir best flawless and i truly believe so fo me, they are worth listening, listen to 1184 album, you will like all songs in the album and lyrics, blah, all other album are very good and scenary, song like Fagning, like a epic movie...

Other second level candidate is Metallica, i like all of their song besides st anger and lulu that haven digged much. Empyrium is so perfect, i dont need to dig much besides 1996 one that im sure they are worth listened..

Most time i focused on Windir...
no one

28.08.2013 at 07:41
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 28.08.2013 at 05:05

doesn't matter how experienced in the field you are, it's music not a science degree. What sounds good to one person might sound shit to the other whether you have been in the scene two days or all your life

i get what your saying in the post before that though, and maybe a good musician might pick up on something a guy who can't play anything might miss, but it is just how good the music relates to the individual at the end of the day isn't it
Lady GaGa

28.08.2013 at 18:03
Darkthrone
Satyricon
Underoath
Burzum
Katatonia
Bring Me The Horizon
----
Guib

01.09.2013 at 23:52
Written by Lady GaGa on 28.08.2013 at 18:03

Darkthrone
Satyricon
Underoath
Burzum
Katatonia
Bring Me The Horizon

Wow, hate every single on of them... So I'd say this answer is flawed LOL.
----
- I love my technical, melodic, my thrash, agressive and fast paced, my sludge, well thought, my heavy, heavier and my metal, ever-growing -
Mattybu
crusty juggler

02.09.2013 at 00:23
Well it's opinion. Really though I have a hard time believing anyone could honestly think every single album of massive discographies like Darkthrone and Katatonia's is flawless without forcing themselves to like it all for fanboyism's sake. But hey, who knows.

Underoath is easily one of the shittiest bands on the planet though, even among metalcore it is nothing less than paltry compared those in the genre who at least know how to make it enjoyable.
----
I ain't gon not gona ain't give you dis pie if you ain't not gonna ack rite
BoxCar Willy
John Doe

02.09.2013 at 00:59
Written by Mattybu on 02.09.2013 at 00:23

Underoath is easily one of the shittiest bands on the planet though, even among metalcore it is nothing less than paltry compared those in the genre who at least know how to make it enjoyable.

Somewhat agree, there 0 with a line through it album is okay. Half the songs are good, and the others are abysmal.
----
Pop punk crusader
Mattybu
crusty juggler

02.09.2013 at 01:13
Written by BoxCar Willy on 02.09.2013 at 00:59

Somewhat agree, there 0 with a line through it album is okay. Half the songs are good, and the others are abysmal.

Never bothered listening to that one. Had the displeasure of seeing them live at a festival, luckily it seems they have disbanded now so that won't be happening again. That or The Acacia Strain as a opener has to be the worst live performance I have ever seen.

Although, there is almost infinite value in metalcore bands on this site in that very entertaining shitstorms are created when they receive appropriately poor scores in reviews.
----
Lady GaGa

02.09.2013 at 12:18
Written by Guib on 01.09.2013 at 23:52

Darkthrone
Satyricon
Underoath
Burzum
Katatonia
Bring Me The Horizon

Wow, hate most of your favorite bands on your profile...So I'd say this answer is i don't give a shit what you think.
----
Lady GaGa

02.09.2013 at 20:44
Written by Lady GaGa on 02.09.2013 at 12:18

Darkthrone
Satyricon
Underoath
Burzum
Katatonia
Bring Me The Horizon

Wow, hate most of your favorite bands on your profile...So I'd say this answer is i don't give a shit what you think.

omg I was so drunk when I posted that, I'm sorry no offence bro you can hate all the bands I like. lol, peace.
----
no one

02.09.2013 at 21:28
Quote:

omg I was so drunk when I posted that, I'm sorry no offence bro you can hate all the bands I like. lol, peace.

the "So I'd say this answer is i don't give a shit what you think.'' was a bit over ott, but still a fair call
Lady GaGa

02.09.2013 at 23:59
Quote:
Written by no one on 02.09.2013 at 21:28

the "So I'd say this answer is i don't give a shit what you think.'' was a bit over ott, but still a fair call

yeah. but I was really drunk and was drinking all night and when I came back, I came to check out the forums. I'm not like at when sober.
----
Guib

22.09.2013 at 05:55
Written by Lady GaGa on 02.09.2013 at 20:44

HAHAHAHA actually, no offense taken man, I found it quite funny. If I was to be mad everytime someone told me
to go fuck myself and my opinions over the internet, I'd be a poor fucked up fool. Lol and who doesn't write
stupid stuff when drunk anyways. You're forgiven lol.
----
- I love my technical, melodic, my thrash, agressive and fast paced, my sludge, well thought, my heavy, heavier and my metal, ever-growing -
Monolithic
♠♠♠

22.09.2013 at 11:05
Emmm...IMO requires putting a definition of "flawless" under a large scope. The production, the music, the lyrical theme, the concept, the overall impression. They all can serve as the necessary qualifiers to find a "flawless" artist.

Not to sound like someone who's seeing the entire world from a subjective point view but once you think about it, the variables that make an album flawless or flawed have no strict boundaries.

For example, Agalloch could be considered as a flawless band because of their impressive music and lyrical themes yet fall short because of that "mechanized" sound they had on Ashes Against The Grain.
Fritillaria
Evil Butterfly

22.09.2013 at 12:24

Darkthrone
Burzum

In fact these two are much flawed
----
Soundtrack of my life : Evil Dead
"He replies that he is stronger than the wolves, because he stands alone."
Uldreth

22.09.2013 at 21:12

Lol no.

Since creative songwriting, varied albums, sincere delivery, concepts and lyrics and having the balls to create three brooding sludgecore albums after an album with very high mainstream appeal is "shittiness".

Nah. Their last three albums easily destroy 90% of the so called "trve" metal shit with the downtuned monolithing riffing, emotionless vocals, uncreative songwriting, rehashed structures and rabid fanboys that will rate everything 10 and proclaim its the most original thing ever even though it sounds like everything else in the genre.
----
Written by Troy Killjoy on 25.12.2011 at 07:06

And then of course there's Asking Alexandria... For the record, nobody ever asked Alexandria anything ever again.

-Troy on trancecore
Mattybu
crusty juggler

23.09.2013 at 00:04
Written by Uldreth on 22.09.2013 at 21:12

Underoath

Their last three albums easily destroy 90% of the so called "trve" metal shit with the downtuned monolithing riffing, emotionless vocals, uncreative songwriting, rehashed structures and rabid fanboys that will rate everything 10 and proclaim its the most original thing ever even though it sounds like everything else in the genre.

----
Lady GaGa

23.09.2013 at 01:51
Written by Guib on 22.09.2013 at 05:55

Written by Lady GaGa on 02.09.2013 at 20:44

HAHAHAHA actually, no offense taken man, I found it quite funny. If I was to be mad everytime someone told me
to go fuck myself and my opinions over the internet, I'd be a poor fucked up fool. Lol and who doesn't write
stupid stuff when drunk anyways. You're forgiven lol.

haha so true.:P
----
Lady GaGa

23.09.2013 at 01:53
Written by Fritillaria on 22.09.2013 at 12:24

Darkthrone
Burzum

In fact these two are much flawed

Hm, maybe its their "flaws" that make them sound so perfect to me.
----

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 [2]

Login or register to post here.