Metal Storm logo
Solothus - Death/Doom Metal

23.08.2013 - 13:56
Razzil

Greetings! Finnish Death/Doom band Solothus has just released their debut album titled "Summoned from the Void". After a well-received demo, bunch of gigs and a tour, we signed a deal with spanish Memento Mori records for our album. You can get the album from the band or straight from the label ( http://www.memento-mori.es/release.php?id=37&type=0&p=1 )

Label had this to say about the said album:
The debut full-length from a young -yet very talented and highly promising- Finnish quintet whose critically acclaimed demo, entitled "Ritual of the Horned Skull", took the Death/Doom scene by the storm in 2011. Recorded and mixed by Harri Hyytiäinen at Rehearsalucifer Studios (Finland), and mastered by Greg Chandler (of Esoteric fame) at Priory Recordings Studios (U.K.), "Summoned from the Void" is a devastating aural mammoth plenty of crushingly slow tempos, deep growls, somber harmonies, mid-paced heaviness and epic atmospheres that should definitely appeal to fans of bands such as Hooded Menace, early Paradise Lost, Cianide, Rippikoulu, Coffins, early Cathedral, Anatomia...

Heres the title track from the album:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-o29i290fo

More info here:
https://www.facebook.com/Solothus
----
Lost In the Darkest Woods...
23.08.2013 - 14:10
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Really good band. The demo was already good, but the album is a step forwards. Great listening
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

23.08.2013 - 14:17
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Just tryd at official links and sounds good to me
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.08.2014 - 14:41
Razzil

Lot has happened in the Solothus-camp! Mainly our long time bassist stepped down from his duties. It didn't take too long to find ourselves a new one as Tami Luukkonen (Gorephilia) joined in as the new bassist! At the moment we are writing material for our sophomore album out sometime next year. Hopefully we will get some new material online sooner or later... T-shirts still available from the band! Memento Mori Records and a bunch of different distros around the globe still has the CD, band is all out at the moment.

Some more live dates as follows:
30.8.2014 - Turku, Klubi with October Tide, I Saw Red, Ghost Voyage
21.11.2014 - Helsinki, PRKL with Krypts

Also we will invade Northern parts of England next February. More of that as things clear up, but at least 6.2. we will play in Newcastle with Uncoffined, Austerymn and Horrified.
----
05.08.2014 - 14:44
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Razzil on 05.08.2014 at 14:41

Lot has happened in the Solothus-camp! Mainly our long time bassist stepped down from his duties. It didn't take too long to find ourselves a new one as Tami Luukkonen (Gorephilia) joined in as the new bassist! At the moment we are writing material for our sophomore album out sometime next year. Hopefully we will get some new material online sooner or later... T-shirts still available from the band! Memento Mori Records and a bunch of different distros around the globe still has the CD, band is all out at the moment.

Some more live dates as follows:
30.8.2014 - Turku, Klubi with October Tide, I Saw Red, Ghost Voyage
21.11.2014 - Helsinki, PRKL with Krypts

Also we will invade Northern parts of England next February. More of that as things clear up, but at least 6.2. we will play in Newcastle with Uncoffined, Austerymn and Horrified.

Forget about England, invade The Netherlands instead
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

05.08.2014 - 14:51
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 05.08.2014 at 14:44

Forget about England, invade The Netherlands instead

Haha, shut it, you get every great band under the sun visiting your neck of the woods
05.08.2014 - 18:28
Razzil

Haha, thanks for the comments! Hopefully we could play in Netherlands sooner or later! Also, here is a track from our debut album "Summoned from the Void".

----
04.11.2015 - 20:42
Razzil

Solothus signs to Doomentia Records!

Here is the official statement from the label:

Finnish Death/Doom Metal cryptdwellers Solothus have inked a deal with Doomentia Records to release their as yet untitled sophomore album! In celebration of this alliance, the label is re-issuing the band's skull-turning debut "Summoned from the Void" on vinyl with new artwork by Juanjo Castellano. Release details to be announced later.

The forthcoming record will consist of six songs of bleak and devastating Death/Doom Metal including titles like "No King Reigns Eternal" and "Darkest Stars Aligned." Forged from the same wretched elements found on the debut, the new effort excavates deeper with more varied pronouncements. From the abysmally crawling Doom ambiance to the bone-crushing Death Metal riffing to bewitching guitar leads and otherworldly melodies, Solothus delivers the entire spectrum of dark fantastic desolation. This will also be the first recording with new bassist Tami Luukkonen.
The band aims to enter the studio in June and have the album out by 2015's end.

Here is a brand new song from our upcoming second album!

This song is called Malignant Caress, enjoy!

----
01.07.2018 - 07:25
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Guys why don't you add this band to the metal storm database? Their last album has one of the most kickass death/doom songs from the last years.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.