10. Shoot To Kill
11. Born Of The Ruins
12. Combat Shock
13. Living In A Whirlwind
14. Treacherous Tongue
+ Making of "Empires Collapse"
+ European Tour 2012 Road Movie

Additional info
Recorded: Steve Evetts (The Dillinger Escape Plan, Sepultura, Symphony X) at The Omen Room Studio.
Mixed: Brett Eliason (Pearl Jam, Heart).
Mastered: Alan Douches at West West Side Music (Cannibal Corpse, Hatebreed, Converge)
Artwork: Arienne Rozzi.

Release dates:-
Germany: 25/10
Europe: 28/10
USA: 29/10

Staff review by
wormdrink414
Rating:
Warbringer's last album, Worlds Torn Asunder, was proof that they can still do their warbringing, even when faced with a slightly limp mix-job. IV isn't quite like that. They're still doing their no nonsense, to-the-point shit from at the forefront of the rehash thrash shit, but we get fed it through a post-job that's kinda like the sonic equivalent of a warzone report on Anderson Cooper's show. It feels aimed at people who are clueless about the topic on hand and just want to see some explosions and crying kids.

Read more ››
published 09.12.2013 | Comments (19)

Found in 6 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 23   Visited by: 331 users
25.08.2013 - 22:36
Lit.
Account deleted
TOTAL WAAAANNNT!
03.10.2013 - 05:42
Rating: 8
Demonmayonnaise

Super excited for this. These guys just keep getting better and better.
21.10.2013 - 01:06
Rating: 3
Rulatore

Holy cow, what happened to these bands ? Evile, Havok and now Warbringer. Apart from Evile (which I wasn't expecting nothing), big fucking letdowns.
21.10.2013 - 15:14
DeathSlyzer

Written by Rulatore on 21.10.2013 at 01:06

Holy cow, what happened to these bands ? Evile, Havok and now Warbringer. Apart from Evile (which I wasn't expecting nothing), big fucking letdowns.

Hmm. I'm not sure I like what you're saying there. I'm about to listen to the album now. The Havok album was a letdown for me in the beginning at least. Now I can actually sit down and listen to it, but still, it's so different. I hope it won't be the same thing here too.
----
I sold my soul to any fool who'd buy it!
What's it gonna take to make you riot!?
22.10.2013 - 16:39
Rating: 3
Rulatore

Written by DeathSlyzer on 21.10.2013 at 15:14

Hmm. I'm not sure I like what you're saying there. I'm about to listen to the album now. The Havok album was a letdown for me in the beginning at least. Now I can actually sit down and listen to it, but still, it's so different. I hope it won't be the same thing here too.

I'ld like to know your thoughts about it, after listening to it.

Even Sepultura sounds better than this
23.10.2013 - 01:38
Lit.
Account deleted
Considering new Evile sounds much better than new Havok and Sepultura, I'm on the fence about what I've heard from new Warbringer. The beginning of Hunter-Seeker was meh, but it got really good around the end.
24.10.2013 - 04:19
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Pretty good so far. Only two songs in so far, but so far so good.

Iron City is a fucking RAGER.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
26.10.2013 - 11:46
Rating: 9
Moose

I would agree with you on Evile, and to some extent Havok... but even on the first listen I'm really enjoying this album. Great riffs, great solos, aggressive vocals. Just what I expected from Warbringer.
What don't you like about it?
26.10.2013 - 21:18
Rating: 6
crucifiedjesus

Hunter Seeker is pretty far from their best work but still bearable. Thinking thats what the whole album is gonna be for me
26.10.2013 - 22:12
Rating: 7
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by crucifiedjesus on 26.10.2013 at 21:18

Hunter Seeker is pretty far from their best work but still bearable. Thinking thats what the whole album is gonna be for me

I actually liked Hunter Seeker after listening to it for a few times after its release as a single; now, having listened to the album, I'd say it's one of the best songs, if not the best, but I wonder what your opinion will be.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
07.11.2013 - 01:30
BloodJuNkie
Of Egypt
I'm not a fan of this band but this is a very good album!
08.11.2013 - 01:01
sbgmetal

Got some good songs, others are harder to get into especially with the softer production... imma jus blame pots for this one since his last band (mantic ritual) wasnt that great haja
08.11.2013 - 04:23
master 666
King of Arizona
Goooood
21.11.2013 - 18:38
Joppe
Steelemeister
This is way worse than "Executioner" by Mantic Ritual.
----
My vision is augmented
25.11.2013 - 21:06
crucifiedjesus

My least favorite warbringer album to date. seems the went the way of their album art.....downhill
27.11.2013 - 20:40
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
I have not listened to the album yet. i like a lot "hunter seeker" and find it a great warbringer song. but at the same time all you people say this one is their worst album and it is kinda confusing...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
12.01.2014 - 02:49
Mattybu

It has come time to totally re-edit my nonsense in dismissing this album so easily, I have listened to it thrice today and unlike the artwork, it's killer.
12.05.2014 - 22:44
Rating: 8
3 Inches of BLS

Takes a few listens. sick album
13.05.2014 - 00:42
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Well i've almost finished their listenings of this album in a bad moment for the band. IMO this is probably their best album. It has a nice production, great vocals, diversity between the songs, not many fillers, and INCREDIBLE SOLOING.... awesome guitars!

EDIT: well after completing the listenings this is surely their best for me. Hunter Seeker, Horizon, Scars Remain and Turning of the Gear are all AWESOME!
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
15.06.2014 - 02:58
Mattybu

Written by Deadmeat on 13.05.2014 at 00:42

Hunter Seeker, Horizon, Scars Remain and Turning of the Gear are all AWESOME!

I agree with all of those except for Scars Remain. But unfortunately for me those 3 are the only really good songs on the album. I keep changing my mind on it and really liked it at first but now that it has had time to settle in I think this is the worst Warbringer album by a pretty fair margin.
15.06.2014 - 06:50
Lit.
Account deleted
Worse Warbringer album indeed. Didn't find anything at all memorable about it.
20.12.2016 - 23:57
Jack---

Man, IV: Empires Collapse is just so refreshing, and i was completely surprised by how fucking great this is! can't believe i haven't heard this album before now
----
Everything was perfect. Then came the 90's..
06.12.2022 - 00:58
Rating: 7
Fred_P

Quite different from their other albums but I kinda like it a lot. "Scars Remais", "Hunter Killer", "Black Sun, Black Moon" and "Horizon" are all fantastic track. The rest is good, with "Leviathan" being the weakest track.

Hits total: 7717 | This month: 19