Metal Storm logo
TOTAL DICKS OF THE MONTH AWARDS

List of winners of ANGEL REAPERS "TOTAL DICK of the MONTH" awards.Each month one winner will be selected from around the metal universe.
Suggestions and comments are welcome.

Created by: ANGEL REAPER | 01.09.2013

1. Canadian Government - August 2013 (Total Dicks for raising fees for musician who would like to perform in Canada making many bands discard Canada from their touring schedules.)
2. Tobias Sidegård of Necrophobic - September 2013 (found guilty for domestic violence which make him total dick of this month.)
3. Glen Benton of Deicide and Broken Hope - October 2013 (Glen for throwing Broken Hope off the tour and generally for diva behavior during it .BH for being dicks too.)
4. "Thats racist!" yelling folks and Mastodon's Thanksgiving T-Shirt - November 2013 ("Apparently Mastodon's politically incorrect T-shirt got a lot of flak by "politically correct" citizens at the end of this month. Sure, the shirt is stupid, but racist? Not that much."E.Mols86 made me correct my perfectly broken english. :D)
5. Prakarn Harnphanbusakorn for killing Surrender Of Divinity's frontman - January 2014 (This a-hole killed frontman because he was not a true satanist? What the hell???)
6. Tim Lambesis of As I Lay Dying - February 2014 (Pleads guilty In murder for hire (solicitation of murder) which makes him a total dick in my book .)
7. Testament - March 2014 (For unlpuging their supporting act.)
8. James Kottak of Scorpions & The guy who stabbed The Slot frontwoman - April 2014 (1.for drunken indecency on airport .2.for ..well its obvious)
9. Kirk Windstein of Crowbar - May 2014 (For kicking a fan on stage.Is that the spirit of metal?! Is that professional behavior on stage while performing ?!)
10. Upon A Burning Body - July 2014 (Faked the frontman kidnapping as publicity stunt.Than denied it.Dicks...)

Disclaimer: All top lists are unofficial and do not represent the point of view of the MS Staff.
[ More lists by ANGEL REAPER ]

Comments page 7 / 8

‹‹ Back to Lists
Comments: 231   [ 3 ignored ]   Visited by: 269 users
11.06.2014 - 10:28
mz

No one knows what is going to happen when someone jumps on the stage, especially after what that happened to Pantra guys.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
11.06.2014 - 10:37
Uldreth

Also wasn't it like the Crowbar guy had his eyes closed and security slammed the guy into him?

Probably a kick would have been my first reaction too.

This is of course debatable but I really would not list this as a dick move.
11.06.2014 - 10:50
ANGEL REAPER

Nope,the strength of the kick is unimportant .you just dont do that on stage ,especially not to the guy who has already been subdued by security .
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
11.06.2014 - 12:10
Risto
Wandering Midget
Written by Troy Killjoy on 11.06.2014 at 03:01

Rant

His job is to play music and not go off on such an incident, that's what the security is for. Sure, these "fans" are just attention whores, but he's clearly neurotic and inexperienced about this kind of stuff.

Here's quite a similar situation with a much more professional reaction.

11.06.2014 - 12:40
ANGEL REAPER

Well ,of course he is not the same dick like the rest of the list sure but still that is one so bad reaction ...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
11.06.2014 - 13:14
angel.
Evil Butterfly
GUYS !

HOW ... ABOUT ... HETFIELD ?!

No one answered to my question above, I had to raise my voice a bit. :
----
The Fangirl.
11.06.2014 - 13:16
ANGEL REAPER

Written by angel. on 11.06.2014 at 13:14

GUYS !

nah,that would be overkill since Metallica has a long history of dicks ...
----
11.06.2014 - 14:50
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by angel. on 11.06.2014 at 13:14

GUYS !

why? because he hunts? we've known that since the mid to late 80s and loads of American metal musicians hunt. Why not make them all dick of the month.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

11.06.2014 - 15:00
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 11.06.2014 at 14:50

why? because he hunts? we've known that since the mid to late 80s and loads of American metal musicians hunt. Why not make them all dick of the month.

yeah because of hunting for fun, and all the others are dickheads too as artists this would be a sort of promoting that shameless act of hunting animals for their fun, and as their hobby.

But this guy is going to be involved in this documentary about hunting bears, isn't it really such shameful ? The bear-hunting for fun ? and narrating it ? I didn't know about this hobby of him till this news popped up.
----
The Fangirl.
11.06.2014 - 15:39
ANGEL REAPER

----
11.06.2014 - 15:41
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
To all opposed to what I said regarding the Crowbar incident, I think others have done a good job further explaining my point. Musicians have been either seriously injured and even killed by fans going on stage and pulling a gun or knife - who's to say this guy wasn't planning the same thing? The security guard may have tackled him to the ground but I'd be damned if I didn't at least give the guy a little something extra. Not only did you interfere with the show, but you potentially interfered with the safety of the entire band. This headache might help serve as a reminder not to be a - wait for it - dick of the month next time you attend a show.

Personally I think your list as flawed so long as you have Windstein on it, but I understand this is an issue that won't be universally agreed upon.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
11.06.2014 - 16:18
ANGEL REAPER

Written by Troy Killjoy on 11.06.2014 at 15:41

Personally I think your list as flawed so long as you have Windstein on it, but I understand this is an issue that won't be universally agreed upon.

well it was a people choice for the month...as you guys might remember originally there were no dick award for May at first.If you guys a agree on it i might remove it or place someone else ...like i already said ,just add suggestions for the winners.

and yes i agree that his move was way less dick than some other winners .
----
11.06.2014 - 16:24
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Windstein is an extremely good choice. First of all the guy was already bodychecked by the secutiry guy, second of all it was clear that the fan was going to stagedive (which was a normal thing in the Eighties no matter how big the band was) he didn't even linger that long on stage and third you see Windstein first hesitate before he kicks the guy in the head. So Windstein could have chosen the normal thing and ignore the guy because security had already got a hold of him.

Nope, Windstein showed his true colours.

NOT featuring Windstein on this dick of the month list would make the list flawed
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

11.06.2014 - 16:55
Vombatus
Potorro
If a fan has bad intentions, he would probably do so from the moment he gets on stage unlike this guy that was simply jumping around. Plus he was already reduced by security when the Crowbar dude kicked him, making it totally unnecessary. He's a dick.
11.06.2014 - 17:58
angel.
Evil Butterfly
I'm still wondering why Hetfield's action wasn't considered dicky that much ?
----
The Fangirl.
11.06.2014 - 18:04
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Because some people find Windstein's behaviour way more dickish. And rightly so, I'd say. Hunting for food and pleasure has been part of human life since mankind started to roam the face of the earth.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

11.06.2014 - 19:20
Mattybu

Also, James Hetfield didn't just start hunting last month, so it wouldn't make sense for him to be chosen. People know about it because the Glastonbury petition thing surfaced, and because he is doing the TV show.

It would be like deciding to just fill any given month with "Dave Mustaine is a total moron"... Nothing new.
11.06.2014 - 19:58
Ilham
Giant robot
Any contenders for June already?
12.06.2014 - 00:36
ANGEL REAPER

Written by Ilham on 11.06.2014 at 19:58

Any contenders for June already?

if you guys and gals suggest some....
----
12.06.2014 - 00:51
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 12.06.2014 at 00:36

Well, we'll know on the 17th if the SNCF, French railway company, has decided to strike on that day or not. As there will be a bill being discussed at the parliament or something. They might strike on that day and the following week. That means the people planning on being at Hellfest on time might have a hell of a hard time getting there.
12.06.2014 - 01:00
ANGEL REAPER

Written by Ilham on 12.06.2014 at 00:51

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 12.06.2014 at 00:36

Well, we'll know on the 17th if the SNCF, French railway company, has decided to strike on that day or not. As there will be a bill being discussed at the parliament or something. They might strike on that day and the following week. That means the people planning on being at Hellfest on time might have a hell of a hard time getting there.

"...from around the metal universe"
----
12.06.2014 - 01:04
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 12.06.2014 at 01:00

Yeah, like the Canadian government. Fine. I'm leaving .
12.06.2014 - 01:07
ANGEL REAPER

Written by Ilham on 12.06.2014 at 01:04

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 12.06.2014 at 01:00

Yeah, like the Canadian government. Fine. I'm leaving .

its because they have directly influenced metal acts in Canada at the time.
EDIT> people having trouble to get to festival is not metal anyway ...
----
22.06.2014 - 23:57
Erik M.

Written by angel. on 11.06.2014 at 15:00

yeah because of hunting for fun, and all the others are dickheads too as artists this would be a sort of promoting that shameless act of hunting animals for their fun, and as their hobby.

But this guy is going to be involved in this documentary about hunting bears, isn't it really such shameful ? The bear-hunting for fun ? and narrating it ? I didn't know about this hobby of him till this news popped up.

Totally agreed.
23.06.2014 - 00:01
Erik M.

Written by Troy Killjoy on 11.06.2014 at 15:41

To all opposed to what I said regarding the Crowbar incident, I think others have done a good job further explaining my point. Musicians have been either seriously injured and even killed by fans going on stage and pulling a gun or knife - who's to say this guy wasn't planning the same thing? The security guard may have tackled him to the ground but I'd be damned if I didn't at least give the guy a little something extra. Not only did you interfere with the show, but you potentially interfered with the safety of the entire band. This headache might help serve as a reminder not to be a - wait for it - dick of the month next time you attend a show.

Oh, and I agree with this as well. No, this guy isn't supposed to be on this list. Kicking him wasn't necessary, but it's still understandable.
23.06.2014 - 00:09
Erik M.

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 11.06.2014 at 18:04

Because some people find Windstein's behaviour way more dickish. And rightly so, I'd say. Hunting for food and pleasure has been part of human life since mankind started to roam the face of the earth.

Yeah, because kicking a fan who's out of line is just as bad as (supporting) killing totally innocent endangered bears for the sake of pleasure and entertainment.

Hunting for food isn't necessary unless you're hunting for your own survival. And with those kind of hunters and the shows they're in, survival is NOT the reason they kill the bears. Entertainment and pleasure are the reasons, so basically earning money and fame by doing so. I have zero respect for those kind of people. Pathetic is what they are, killing majestic creatures and using them as trophies.
23.06.2014 - 00:12
Erik M.

So yeah, I think it goes without saying that I think Hetfield should be on the list and not the guy from Crowbar.
28.06.2014 - 21:26
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Not many potential candidates for june as far as I know.
There's the Wintersun guy...
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
28.06.2014 - 23:18
Erik M.

Written by Karlabos on 28.06.2014 at 21:26

Not many potential candidates for june as far as I know.
There's the Wintersun guy...

Yep, he totally deserves to be on this list. Then again, he should be here in many other months as well since he probably just continues with making the same lame, ridiculous excuses. He truly is the laughing stock of metal musicians, having made a total fool of himself so many times already it's impossible to keep track.
04.07.2014 - 01:10
ANGEL REAPER

No dicks for June guys...

also i kinda feel i should notify you that Canadian government has decided to reduce the taxes for bands playing in Canada which is a positive thing .Not to brag but maybe they have read this list?
----

Hits total: 7493 | This month: 19