Metal Storm logo
Windir, Vreid, Ulcus - 2014 Shows Celebrating 20 Years Of Music

Through Vreid's official Facebook page, plans for a reunion of the surviving members of Windir have been established to commemorate the formation of Windir, Ulcus and Vreid, which are all connected by its band members. These special shows will feature Righ from Windir and Ese from Vreid. As a special guest on vocals, they will also bring on Vegard Bakken, brother of Windir legend Terje "Valfar" Bakken who was found dead in 2004.

The following statement was issued: "Greetings people. Today would have been Valfar's 35th birthday. On this day of our fallen brother we are exited to tell you that in 2014 we will celebrate 20 years of music, madness and comradeship. This one is for all of you that have supported us through 2 decades. See you in 2014."

"In 2014, it is 20 years since the bands Windir and Ulcus were established in 'Fjøsen'/'The barn' in Sogndal, and its also marks the 10 years anniversary for Vreid. Hváll, Steingrim, Sture & Strom whom are Vreid today, have all played and been composers in all 3 bands. To celebrate 2 decades of homebrewed metal, they now have gathered the Sognabrigade to assembly in 2014. It will be an exclusive performance where they will perform songs from all 3 bands and cover their discography from past to present. On board for these special shows are their former troopers Righ from Windir, and Ese from Vreid. As a special guest on vocals they will also bring on Vegard Bakken, brother of Windir legend Terje "Valfar" Bakken who passed away in 2004."

Vreid + Guests

Sognametal 20 Years

Vreid / Windir / Ulcus

Confirmed shows:

01.05.2014 - Karmøygeddon Festival / Haugesund / Norway * Headliner
15.06.2014 - Legacy Open Air / Weismain / Germany
31.07-02.08. 2014 - Wacken Open Air / Wacken / Germany

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Windir
Posted: 03.09.2013 by LeChron James

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 118 users
03.09.2013 - 15:39
Carl Berg
Carl Berg
HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!! No f*cking way f*ck!!
03.09.2013 - 17:04
Warman
Erotic Stains
Aaww, that's awesome. I wanna see...
----
03.09.2013 - 17:21
ImperialTroll
Account deleted
WOW this is just awesome! R.I.P Valfar
04.09.2013 - 01:31
Vombatus
Potorro
Hmmmm not a fan of reviving dead bands.... Even if I love Windir (and definitely would see this show ).

SognaMetal dvd was the perfect end for Windir.

At least they mix all three bands so it doesn't make it as bad as Death (To All).
04.09.2013 - 11:23
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
I'd do some fucked up shit to see them at one of those shows. I'd do even more fucked up shit to see them if they brought said show to the west coast.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
04.09.2013 - 11:40
FOOCK Nam

Holy shiiit!!! Im even happy for the news even i cant go to the show.
05.09.2013 - 04:35
Windir

That's not Windir
06.09.2013 - 02:54
SublimeDragon

Oh man, I hope they come back to Vancouver for this! Had the pleasure of seeing Vreid with Melechesh a few months ago and they killed it!

Hits total: 5351 | This month: 10