Metal Storm logo
Secondary Education (NEW)

Original post

Posted by Erik M., 04.09.2013 - 23:09
Science/Engineering is going to "win" this one, which it should.

Poll

In which sector of education do you study (university/college level)?

Science/Math/Engineering
History
Art/Recration
Health
Economy/Management
ICT
Language
Education
Politics

Total votes: 32
17.09.2013 - 13:23
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
I did my mechanical engineering, nothing too fancy. Pretty much 50% of the kids that go to school end up being engineers here in India. It is changing though, people are branching out into different streams.
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
17.09.2013 - 13:27
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Why is this thread called 'secondary eduction' when it asks for university or college level? That is tertiary eduction
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.09.2013 - 13:28
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Spirit Molecule on 17.09.2013 at 13:23

I did my mechanical engineering, nothing too fancy.

fancy ? at least you landed a decent job by having that degree
----
The Fangirl.
17.09.2013 - 13:42
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Written by angel. on 17.09.2013 at 13:28

fancy ? at least you landed a decent job by having that degree

Well yeah I guess, I can't complain really. I have a pretty decent job and thankfully I don't have a direct manager in India. I generally hate the work culture in India, it's quite annoying and sad at times.
----

Last fm
Don't click here
04.10.2013 - 00:47
mz

Written by Spirit Molecule on 17.09.2013 at 13:23

I did my mechanical engineering, nothing too fancy. Pretty much 50% of the kids that go to school end up being engineers here in India. It is changing though, people are branching out into different streams.

which sub major of mechanical engineering? I mean, control/ solid mechanics/ heat transfer and fluids/MEMS/etc?
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
04.10.2013 - 10:45
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Written by mz on 04.10.2013 at 00:47

which sub major of mechanical engineering? I mean, control/ solid mechanics/ heat transfer and fluids/MEMS/etc?

Haha, fuck, I don't remember. I did heat transfer and a bit of FEM. I mean, you really don't learn much in uni here. Most of the stuff they teach you is from the Mesopotamian era
----

Last fm
Don't click here
04.10.2013 - 11:59
mz

Written by Spirit Molecule on 04.10.2013 at 10:45

Written by mz on 04.10.2013 at 00:47

Haha, fuck, I don't remember. I did heat transfer and a bit of FEM. I mean, you really don't learn much in uni here. Most of the stuff they teach you is from the Mesopotamian era

Lol you were not graduated long time ago how could you forget ?
I imagine you have worked on computational fluid dynamics considering heat transfer+FEM thing
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
04.10.2013 - 12:30
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.09.2013 at 13:27

Why is this thread called 'secondary eduction' when it asks for university or college level? That is tertiary eduction

I suppose it should have been Higher Education instead of Secondary Education. And I bet your studies weren't in science/math/engineering fields.
----
The Fangirl.
04.10.2013 - 12:36
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by angel. on 04.10.2013 at 12:30

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.09.2013 at 13:27

I suppose it should have been Higher Education instead of Secondary Education. And I bet your studies weren't in science/math/engineering fields.

Well, I did study both sciences and languages But quit one of the two after a year (guess which one )
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

04.10.2013 - 12:40
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Quote:
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 04.10.2013 at 12:36

Well, I did study both sciences and languages But quit one of the two after a year (guess which one )

of course languages XD
----
The Fangirl.
04.10.2013 - 12:41
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Quote:
Written by angel. on 04.10.2013 at 12:40

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 04.10.2013 at 12:36

of course languages XD

Nope I quite biology after a year
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

04.10.2013 - 12:45
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 04.10.2013 at 12:41

In fact I misread your last quote but anyhow I meant that you continued with languages eventually, then my guess was completely right, not so hard to guess that for you XD I quit chemical engineering to study literature, so HIGH FIVE
----
The Fangirl.
04.10.2013 - 15:31
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule

By the way, what's your line of work?
----

Last fm
Don't click here
04.10.2013 - 15:35
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Spirit Molecule on 04.10.2013 at 15:31

By the way, what's your line of work?

unemployed

but am a translator/subtitle director/subtitler
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

04.10.2013 - 15:44
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Written by mz on 04.10.2013 at 11:59

Lol you were not graduated long time ago how could you forget ?
I imagine you have worked on computational fluid dynamics considering heat transfer+FEM thing

Well yeah I graduated 4 years ago and I can barely remember what I did last week, so to remember what I studied 4 years ago is quite a hard task.
I work with the power industry now, so all I know and use from my education is fluid dynamics, pneumatics and hydraulics. But mostly just applications with valves.
----

Last fm
Don't click here
04.10.2013 - 15:47
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 04.10.2013 at 15:35

unemployed

Ah, I remember I interviewed for a transcriber job with a company that did subtitles for movies. Didn't end up getting the job as I lied on my application about my age I was 17 at the time.
----

Last fm
Don't click here
04.10.2013 - 15:49
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Spirit Molecule on 04.10.2013 at 15:47

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 04.10.2013 at 15:35

unemployed

Ah, I remember I interviewed for a transcriber job with a company that did subtitles for movies. Didn't end up getting the job as I lied on my application about my age I was 17 at the time.

I have done loads of transcriptions in the past myself for Dutch public television where I also workeds as translator/subtitle director/subtitle technician/subtitler.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

04.10.2013 - 17:01
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Currently studying radiology nursery. Studied math for year and a half though.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
04.10.2013 - 17:05
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by X-Ray Rod on 04.10.2013 at 17:01

Currently studying radiology nursery.

so if your sister jumps in front of a train you'll also do that?
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

04.10.2013 - 17:39
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 04.10.2013 at 17:05

Written by X-Ray Rod on 04.10.2013 at 17:01

Currently studying radiology nursery.
so if your sister jumps in front of a train you'll also do that?

Shut the fuck up.

Truth is I always wanted to work in a hospital, but I couldn't get in for the doctor program and I sure as hell don't care for regular nursery. This felt like an obvious alternative. Although once I'm over with this since it's just 3 years I'm thinking that I might (as I can't predict the future) try to study medical physics where the grades criteria is lower than for doctors.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
26.11.2013 - 03:20
SolracV

When I was in high school, I literally didn't know what I wanted to study; I was completely blocked. Eventually I decided to wanting to study Computer Engineering because, you know, I like computers (Because that logic works, right?) and because I was pressured in pursuing a profession with good pay. Didn't make it because of one or two points I missed to get it, so the only choice left was Business Administration (Which I hated it) and had to be there for one full year. Now in my second year, I've finally decided in going to Psychology, because the human mind and society's behavior is something that always interested me. Hope everything goes well and finally change there!
26.11.2013 - 05:21
FOOCK Nam

Written by SolracV on 26.11.2013 at 03:20

When I was in high school, I literally didn't know what I wanted to study; I was completely blocked. Eventually I decided to wanting to study Computer Engineering because, you know, I like computers (Because that logic works, right?) and because I was pressured in pursuing a profession with good pay. Didn't make it because of one or two points I missed to get it, so the only choice left was Business Administration (Which I hated it) and had to be there for one full year. Now in my second year, I've finally decided in going to Psychology, because the human mind and society's behavior is something that always interested me. Hope everything goes well and finally change there!

Wooh, its like fatedly, Computer Engineering is my favorite degree though i never got a chance to grab it, it seems as a good scientific major. I joined BA, got through it till grad but actually i dont like it either, its too much wide with less detail and less specific spot to concentrate energy on, i passed it but it is both not too interesting and highly beneficial... either you like to study it but not always succeed with it for earning or you dislike it but still get it done with not much well steady knowledge self accumulated to apply in job. ive seen lots of BBA continues on MBA. So fately coincidental My favorite Puerto Rico woman is psychology student in UCF and continues in Master degree.. It is so cool major that most like, interesting, and ably practice in life and work. i dont care about how Psychology earning but it is so interesting to learn study and when on job. It fits to metalheads too and generally people who has music significantly interests,wish you have great time with the major or psychologically using it to get the benefit there...