Metal Storm logo
Secondary Education (NEW)

Poll

In which sector of education do you study (university/college level)?

Science/Math/Engineering
History
Art/Recration
Health
Economy/Management
ICT
Language
Education
Politics

Total votes: 32
04.09.2013 - 23:09
Erik M.
Science/Engineering is going to "win" this one, which it should.
04.09.2013 - 23:23
mz
Written by Erik M. on 04.09.2013 at 23:09

Science/Engineering is going to "win" this one, which it should.

what's your major and your university?
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
04.09.2013 - 23:26
mz
This is unfair since science/math/eng is composed of several fields while politics or history are single fields
----
04.09.2013 - 23:28
Erik M.
Written by mz on 04.09.2013 at 23:23

I completed my Chemical Engineering study (Bachelor) at Avans University in Breda (where the creator of this poll lives, apparently ) about 2 months ago. Now I'm looking for a job, but not having any relevant working experience (at least not on Bachelor-level) makes it still pretty hard to get one, so I have no idea when I will get a job. Hopefully soon of course.

I read your profile, so I know what you're studying/want to study. Already got your Bachelor's degree btw?
04.09.2013 - 23:31
ANGEL REAPER
Chemical Engineer ? can you cook meth ?
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
04.09.2013 - 23:33
Erik M.
Written by mz on 04.09.2013 at 23:26

This is unfair since science/math/eng is composed of several fields while politics or history are single fields

Yeah, I'd say ignore Math (it's not a big enough field to deserve a mention in a poll like this) and seperate Science and Engineering. The poll creator is apparently unaware how many people study either in science of engineering, not to mention of how many different fields those consist.
04.09.2013 - 23:33
mz
Written by Erik M. on 04.09.2013 at 23:28

Written by mz on 04.09.2013 at 23:23

I completed my Chemical Engineering study (Bachelor) at Avans University in Breda (where the creator of this poll lives, apparently ) about 2 months ago. Now I'm looking for a job, but not having any relevant working experience (at least not on Bachelor-level) makes it still pretty hard to get one, so I have no idea when I will get a job. Hopefully soon of course.

I read your profile, so I know what you're studying/want to study. Already got your Bachelor'S degree btw?

I've completed my courses and thesis. Also, I'm done with articles and researches right now but there are still a few official steps like financial obligations needed to get the official document of graduation so I have not gotten my degree yet
----
04.09.2013 - 23:37
mz
Written by Erik M. on 04.09.2013 at 23:33

Written by mz on 04.09.2013 at 23:26

Yeah, I'd say ignore Math (it's not a big enough field to deserve a mention in a poll like this) and seperate Science and Engineering. The poll creator is apparently unaware how many people study either in science of engineering, not to mention of how many different fields those consist.

But to the best of my knowledge, math is actually considered science right? :|
I personally think that if we have a field like science/math/eng, all the majors like literature, educations and politics should go to a "humanities" catagory
----
04.09.2013 - 23:40
ANGEL REAPER
See pity you fucked up again
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
04.09.2013 - 23:49
Erik M.
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 04.09.2013 at 23:31

Chemical Engineer ? can you cook meth ?

Haha. It's not the first time someone asked me that. And actually, my education is called Chemical Engineering, but it could better be called Process Engineering seeing as chemistry is only roughly 20% of the entire study (to put it simply). Anyway, someone who actually studied Chemistry (so someone who works on a lab a lot, unlike me... my work field is way bigger but are often production processes) is your best bet when it comes to cooking meth on a small-scale. I could however upscale his process to bulk production so you'd have huge quantities of it.

Written by mz on 04.09.2013 at 23:33

I've completed my courses and thesis. Also, I'm done with articles and researches right now but there are still a few official steps like financial obligations needed to get the official document of graduation so I have not gotten my degree yet

Oh, I noticed it's gone from your profile now. I think I remember reading you're becoming a mechanical engineer, right? Anyway, too bad you haven't gotten it yet, so good luck with that.

Written by mz on 04.09.2013 at 23:37

I personally think that if we have a field like science/math/eng, all the majors like literature, educations and politics should go to a "humanities" catagory

Yes, of course math falls under science, that's why I think it's weird to explicitly mention it here. Haha, and yeah I agree with your 2nd sentence alright. I know I'm being a jerk now, but it's obvious this list is created by someone who has very few knowledge of the different working fields, their size and relevance in the world (by which I mean the science/engineering category is of course way more important than most others, and I don't say this because I happen to be in engineering).
04.09.2013 - 23:50
Yavanna
Well, I study agronomy, as I believe you are well aware. I will get my degree by the end of the year.
My current job is quite nice, I am working with tree seedlings. I have even spotted a white tree... It may be a seedling of the white tree of Gondor
----
Carry me to the shoreline
Bury me in the sand
Walk me across the water
And maybe you'll understand
04.09.2013 - 23:52
Sophist
I'm studying sociology, got 1 year left, I have a strange feeling I'm a single lonely social scientist in an ocean of engineers...
Dunno what to mark, sociology while being a science can be hardly put in the same group as Science/Math/Engineering, and the rest isn't close either.

Also, Inb4 a discussion whether mathematics can be called a science or not.
04.09.2013 - 23:54
ANGEL REAPER
Written by Sophist on 04.09.2013 at 23:52

I'm studying sociology, got 1 year left, I have a strange feeling I'm a single lonely social scientist in an ocean of engineers...
Dunno what to mark, sociology while being a science can be hardly put in the same group as Science/Math/Engineering, and the rest isn't close either.

pity fucked up the choioces again ...this is his second thread with fucked up choices
----
04.09.2013 - 23:59
Vombatus
Potorro
I agree with most saying that the fields distribution on the poll isn't the most exact...

But like Sophist said, stuff like Sociology, Economy, Political (Science) are science too.

Adding larger "families" like Social Science, Natural Science or Humanities might work better if you want to strictly delimit each field.
05.09.2013 - 00:01
mz
Written by Erik M. on 04.09.2013 at 23:49

Written by mz on 04.09.2013 at 23:33

Oh, I noticed it's gone from your profile now. I think I remember reading you're becoming a mechanical engineer, right? Anyway, too bad you haven't gotten it yet, so good luck with that.

Written by mz on 04.09.2013 at 23:37

Yes, of course math falls under science, that's why I think it's weird to explicitly mention it here. Haha, and yeah I agree with your 2nd sentence alright. I know I'm being a jerk now, but it's obvious this list is created by someone who has very few knowledge of the different working fields, their size and relevance in the world (by which I mean the science/engineering category is of course way more important than most others, and I don't say this because I happen to be in engineering).

Regarding my own educations, yes, I have studied mechanical engineering but my master would be on material and nano engineering. I could have gotten the degree if it was not for the stupid and extremely long summer vacations of university.It not only made me unable to get the degree, but also postponed my migration and thus, I had differed my first term. my graduation process is maybe 95% completed but I do not need to be graduated right now since I've already missed some deadlines.
I also disagree that science/eng is more important than the other fields
----
05.09.2013 - 00:03
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
I did my MBA in International Marketing & Strategy Pathway from Cardiff University, Wales.

Well, i opened up the votebank for Management though.
05.09.2013 - 00:08
IronAngel
I voted history. I really study at the Faculty of Theology in the Univ. of Helsinki. My major is church history, but I specialize in and tend to identify with the interdisciplinary field of medieval studies.
05.09.2013 - 00:18
Erik M.
Written by Yavanna on 04.09.2013 at 23:50

Well, I study agronomy, as I believe you are well aware. I will get my degree by the end of the year.
My current job is quite nice, I am working with tree seedlings. I have even spotted a white tree... It may be a seedling of the white tree of Gondor

Haha, that's awesome.

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 04.09.2013 at 23:54

Written by Sophist on 04.09.2013 at 23:52

pity fucked up the choioces again ...this is his second thread with fucked up choices

Uhhh, math is CLEARLY science, so why would there be a discussion?

ANGEL REAPER, yes it seems he again fucked it up pretty badly. As I said, he should get rid of Math, and then seperate Science and Engineering. I don't care about the rest.

Written by mz on 05.09.2013 at 00:01

Regarding my own educations, yes, I have studied mechanical engineering but my master would be on material and nano engineering. I could have gotten the degree if it was not for the stupid and extremely long summer vacations of university.It not only made me unable to get the degree, but also postponed my migration and thus, I had differed my first term. my graduation process is maybe 95% completed but I do not need to be graduated right now since I've already missed some deadlines.
I also disagree that science/eng is more important than the other fields

Ah, it seems you've had quite a lot of bad luck. I hope it all works out eventually. And of course all the different fields are important, don't get me wrong. But having Science and Engineering combined in a poll like this is just plain wrong as those fields are easily among the biggest of all fields mentioned in this poll.
05.09.2013 - 00:40
ANGEL REAPER
Ah screw it...i'll make my own science...with blackjack ...and hookers
----
05.09.2013 - 00:50
Thrashette
I'm studying chemistry
On a side note, I feel so demotivated to get into Breaking Bad just because everyone assumes it's something a chem major would be into and it makes everyone think I cook meth. I do remember reading up on the synthesis for it, so if I ever get a hold of ephedrine and need some extra cash...
05.09.2013 - 00:57
ANGEL REAPER
Written by Thrashette on 05.09.2013 at 00:50

I'm studying chemistry
On a side note, I feel so demotivated to get into Breaking Bad just because everyone assumes it's something a chem major would be into and it makes everyone think I cook meth. I do remember reading up on the synthesis for it, so if I ever get a hold of ephedrine and need some extra cash...

hey i am not biologist but i can make drugs out of frogs skin or bananas.... "Anarchist Cookbook" is all you need
----
05.09.2013 - 01:02
Thrashette
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 05.09.2013 at 00:57

I'm studying chemistry

hey i am not biologist but i can make drugs out of frogs skin or bananas.... "Anarchist Cookbook" is all you need

I've heard about that! Though I remember someone telling me that a lot of methods in Anarchist Cookbook are pretty amateur... And I think this was the same person who told me that meth can be synthesized out of lego blocks which blew my mind at the time lol
05.09.2013 - 01:04
ANGEL REAPER
Written by Thrashette on 05.09.2013 at 01:02

I'm studying chemistry

I've heard about that! Though I remember someone telling me that a lot of methods in Anarchist Cookbook are pretty amateur... And I think this was the same person who told me that meth can be synthesized out of lego blocks which blew my mind at the time lol

it might be amateurish but it is good start point to Escobar mode
----
05.09.2013 - 16:02
Yavanna

I'm studying chemistry

hey, there it is plenty of frogs in here... We could start a business
----
Carry me to the shoreline
Bury me in the sand
Walk me across the water
And maybe you'll understand
05.09.2013 - 20:19
Erik M.
Written by Pitwulf93 on 05.09.2013 at 19:34

Commenter is unaware that I am limited to 9 poll options

No, I was actually aware of that. Now the poll is rather boring seeing as the vast majority is either in science, engineering or math. You could've easily combined a couple of the other fields of work, for example: History/Education or Language/Education. In any case Science and Engineering are so big it's better to have those separated. Ah well, it feels I'm just repeating what I said already a couple of times, so I'll leave it as it is.

Oh, and it's indeed annoying you only have 9 options and not 10, which seems a more logical amount at least.
05.09.2013 - 21:29
ANGEL REAPER
Written by Yavanna on 05.09.2013 at 16:02

I'm studying chemistry

hey, there it is plenty of frogs in here... We could start a business

maybe we should
----
11.09.2013 - 01:36
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
elite
Show some love for the history, bitches!!!
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
11.09.2013 - 02:20
Mattybu
Learning Institution: Tha Streetz

Degree: Getting Money
17.09.2013 - 09:35
whatsacow
Currently in journalism. Changing to education for next year so I can actually get a job. Also, for some reason kids like me.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
17.09.2013 - 09:39
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by whatsacow on 17.09.2013 at 09:35

Currently in journalism. Changing to education for next year so I can actually get a job. Also, for some reason kids like me.

oh well now you say that you wanna switch to journalism to get a job,I wanted switch to journalism from literature to have a better chance of getting job, so you think education is even much better than journalism in having a chance of getting a better job ?
----
The Fangirl.