06. Garden Chancery
07. The Lazarus Cord
08. The Shrike Screw
09. Rx
10. Trace Of God
11. Harmonies In Cloud
12. White Triptych

Additional info
Mixed and mastered at Orgone Studios in London (Ghost B.C., Cathedral, Ulver).

Available on limited digipack and 12" black/clear bone/transparent swamp green vinyl.

Found in 3 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 8   Visited by: 136 users
11.09.2013 - 08:28
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Album teaser.

13.11.2013 - 17:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I like this one, good album
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
15.11.2013 - 21:01
Rating: 6
mz

Just when I got familiar with code they announced this good thing
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
03.12.2013 - 03:47
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
This is a decent album. There's some problems in the production, and issues with repetition I would say, but it's got some very well done elements. The songs Becoming Host and The Lazarus Code stand out. I'm not familiar with their other albums but seeing as how they are labeled Black/Doom Metal - which i don't catch - I think its a good thing to point out how little harsh vocals are in this one.
----
Coldgrits
03.12.2013 - 13:21
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by -DC-002- on 03.12.2013 at 03:47

This is a decent album. There's some problems in the production, and issues with repetition I would say, but it's got some very well done elements. The songs Becoming Host and The Lazarus Code stand out. I'm not familiar with their other albums but seeing as how they are labeled Black/Doom Metal - which i don't catch - I think its a good thing to point out how little harsh vocals are in this one.

I don't think <Code> have ever been known in any doom capacity. They've always been called avant-garde black from what I recall. They aren't especially avant-garde though.
04.12.2013 - 08:10
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Written by Guest on 03.12.2013 at 13:21

Written by -DC-002- on 03.12.2013 at 03:47

I don't think <Code> have ever been known in any doom capacity. They've always been called avant-garde black from what I recall. They aren't especially avant-garde though.

Yes, I don't really hear much experimentation at all. I've seen them being labeled as progressive black metal. maybe progressive, but not black metal. In a harsher light maybe I could say it sound like they are trying a bit to hard to be original.
----
Coldgrits
30.12.2013 - 23:21
mz

It might sound odd coming from a proghead but this album is too empty from their black metal roots, unlike Resplendent Grotesque which had great balance. Good record but needs to be a little more intense.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
06.01.2014 - 23:58
Rating: 7
musicalkaratekid

Pretty good album indeed. I think sometimes the band sound a little too similar to Talanas or Enslaved for my liking, but for the most part they are doing the job just right. Clean vocals are very effective against a constant barrage of progressive black metal structures and sometimes epic atmospheres, though the cleans can be surpassed by the intensity of the growls.

Hits total: 5225 | This month: 6