Metal Storm logo
Alestorm - Announce New Single

Good news, the Alestorm guys have not disappeared! The band, in fact, just announced that they will release, on October 18th, a new single, "In The Navy", a Village People cover.

Here's the band's statement on their official Facebook page: "So yeah a couple of years ago when we were recording Back Through Time, we asked you all what songs you wanted us to cover. And a whole bunch of you suggested 'In the Navy' by The Village People. So of course we recorded it, but for some strange reason we decided not to tell anyone... until now!

On October 18th, we'll be releasing a cover of that awful song on a super limited 7" vinyl single (plus digital download for all you futuristic types), and its available to preorder now! So go get it! The B-Side to the disc is a remix of 'Shipwrecked' by the very talented Drop Goblin. You're going to hate every second of it!

In other news, more info on our upcoming Live At The End Of The World DVD is on its way... stay tuned!"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Alestorm
Posted: 12.09.2013 by R Lewis

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 90 users
12.09.2013 - 13:10
Nemo Atkins

Not sure whether these guys are trolling everyone with this cover or not.

Ah well, expecting to be somewhat amused by this. Seriously, just try imaging the vocalist singing this as a straight cover and see if you can keep a straight face.
13.09.2013 - 05:35
Lanthros

LMFAO its actually a perfect cover for them to do. It should be hillarious for sure. My wife will be so pleased.
13.09.2013 - 06:55
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
13.09.2013 - 11:20
Legendary

Lol, what's next, Captain Jack? could be a fun song but nothing to take seriously...
----
And I like the way your lips turned legendary.
And I like the way the sun will come to light.
13.09.2013 - 15:45
Jack---

Haha awesome! and the remix of Shipwrecked is a dupstep kinda version
----
Everything was perfect. Then came the 90's..

Hits total: 2889 | This month: 6