Metal Storm logo
Adding band members

‹‹ Back to Bugs
20.05.2006 - 04:45
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
When your adding band members, there is a list of pre-entered members, which is cool, except whenever your adding a new one, you have to wait for the list to load every single time, it took like 1 hour just to upload all the Iced Earth former members in because i had to wait for that list.
One thing i was thinking of, is if there was an 'add many' members option or somthing, where you could upload several up at a time.
21.05.2006 - 10:55
Raiden
Down Under Staff
One hour?! It really took you that long?! For me it just loads up normally like everything else And my connection is VERY slow!
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
22.05.2006 - 03:35
Deth
Account deleted
It does seem to take a while to add band members. I have a fairly decent connection and I find that it takes a while to load that list too.

There could be two options:

Add New Member
Add New Pre-Existing Member

That would cut down on the load times for adding band members that are already in the database.
22.05.2006 - 13:39
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Written by Raiden on 21.05.2006 at 10:55

One hour?! It really took you that long?! For me it just loads up normally like everything else And my connection is VERY slow!

Im being serious (like 15 members i had to put in), and Edenbridge took like half hour.
It really goes fast for you? So you can see the 'Add New' button like straight away?
22.05.2006 - 13:58
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Wow! We're talking about the http://www.metalstorm.ee/bands/lineup_edit.php?band_id=whatever band right? It took me about half a minute to load on my 36.0kbps connection. I tried it just then as well to check, and same as before. That big drop down list is the first thing to load. I can't understand why it didn't load normally, when me, with one of the slowest connections at Metal Storm, had it load at the speed of any other page. Wow!
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
22.05.2006 - 21:55
Iron Man (Ger)

I have other similar difficulties: the page is horrorbly slow and adding a not existing member Member (tried Candlemass and My Dying Bride) would lead to the same screen as before... Maybe this can be fixed.
31.05.2006 - 18:16
Lucas
Mr. Noise
I was busy adding the ex-band members of November's Doom, (thus adding NEW members, not 'selecting' old ones) and with one member it kept saying: No Member Selected. Whilst I clicked 'add new member' and I'm sure I wasn;t doing the wrong thing. I hope you can fix this.

PS: Just to make sure that I don't forget adding him, any Staff member who fixes it, please add him right away if possible. Otherwise I'd forget. Here is the info:

Ron Holzner
bass
Departed: 2003

Other bands involved with: Place Of Skulls, Goatsnake, Trouble, Debris Inc.

My source is: http://www.vampire-magazine.com/bands/novembers_doom/info/439_band_information_novembers_doom.html
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
31.05.2006 - 18:32
Lucas
Mr. Noise
I had the same problem with Dan Swanö, November's Doom.

I'll post his info again, so you can add them:

Full name: Dan Swanö
Position in the band: Guest Musician
Band: Novembers Doom
Instrument: Vocals
Joined in: 2005
Departed in: 2005

Comments on changes:

Session member on 'The Pale Haunt Departure'.
Other bands involved with: Dissection, Edge Of Sanity, Ribspreader, Another Life, Vinterland, Infestdead, De Infernali, Maceration, Overflash, Darkified, Jigsore Terror, Mahlstrøm, Odyssey, Unicorn, Steel, Brejn Dedd, Necrony, Route Nine, Gorement, Gates Of Ishtar, Therion, Second Sky, Mörk Gryning, Bloodbath, Katatonia, Diabolical Masquerade, Dan Swanö, Nightingale, Pan-Thy-Monium, Godsend, Mactätus, Godgory, Exhumation, Star One

Source is: http://www.vampire-magazine.com/bands/novembers_doom/info/439_band_information_novembers_doom.html
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
07.03.2008 - 23:44
Jay
Perkele
----
This one goes to 11
07.03.2008 - 23:57
Thryce
Retired Staff
Written by Jay on 07.03.2008 at 23:44

Dunno if this is correct topic for this, but John Sykes has been added twice:

Fixed. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
08.03.2008 - 00:09
Jay
Perkele
Written by Thryce on 07.03.2008 at 23:57

Fixed. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Actually I know another one...

http://www.metalstorm.ee/bands/bandmembers.php?b_where=m.name&b_what=aleksi+virta

same dude, plays keyboards
----
This one goes to 11
08.03.2008 - 00:16
Thryce
Retired Staff
Written by Jay on 08.03.2008 at 00:09

Actually I know another one...

Dealt with too. Thx
FYI: you can report all sort of these mistakes at this thread (Featured bands - report mistakes) too.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
04.07.2023 - 13:04
Ilyin

Say, where you can simply start to addind a band?
----
Silence
04.07.2023 - 13:13
F3ynman2000
Nocturnal Bro
Written by Ilyin on 04.07.2023 at 13:04

Say, where you can simply start to addind a band?

You can suggest that the staff add a band here: https://metalstorm.net/bands/band_suggestions.php
Please make sure to follow all of the instructions!
04.07.2023 - 13:14
Ilyin

Ok, great thx
----
Silence
04.07.2023 - 13:15
Ilyin

But there's no form or button to add anything on this page(
----
Silence
04.07.2023 - 13:20
F3ynman2000
Nocturnal Bro
Written by Ilyin on 04.07.2023 at 13:15

But there's no form or button to add anything on this page(

Read closely
One of the words ("here") is hyperlinked to the form
04.07.2023 - 13:30
Ilyin

Thats a half of problem. What permission i must have to add it?
----
Silence
04.07.2023 - 14:01
Redel

Written by Ilyin on 04.07.2023 at 13:30

Thats a half of problem. What permission i must have to add it?

Suggesting bands is possible once you reached 100 community points or your account has been in use for 30 days, whichever comes first.
04.07.2023 - 14:18
Ilyin

Thanx.
----
Silence