Metal Storm logo
Locking topics

20.05.2006 - 06:09
Raiden
Down Under Staff
I noticed that we can delete our own topics and move our own topics. These seem to be new features, and they're pretty cool, but I was just wondering... Can we lock our own topics? We could on MSv2, and I was just wondering if we could here too and I've just missed the feature.
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
20.05.2006 - 20:14
fire101
Account deleted
Actually, we could always delete our topics, couldnt we? I cant seem to recall. I know that before the mods had to move our topics. How do we move our own topics (for future reference)?
21.05.2006 - 10:40
Raiden
Down Under Staff
I don't think we ever could delete our own topics. You may be right, but I didn't think we ever could. We could always lock and rename our own topics. Although not many people knew how to rename their own topics, and it's a lot easier now. But yeah, I can't seem to see a lock our own topics button anywhere. If we can't then we'd have to report our own threads to the moderators, which seems a bit silly.

If you want to move your own threads, go to a thread of your own and look along the bar near the top. It says Add Reply on one side, then on the other it says Add to Favourites, Report To Mods, Topic Settings, Move Topic, Remove Topic. Click on Move Topic and go from there.
----
- Bruce Dickinson

24.05.2006 - 17:03
TheKreator
Account deleted
i don't understand why you need to lock your own topid...just delete it
24.05.2006 - 19:48
wrathchild

In the previous version, you could only edit and lock your own topics. It's weird that you cannot lock them now while you can do everything else... But if needed, just report it to mods and it should do the trick
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
24.05.2006 - 22:47
Ivan
Retired Admin
Written by wrathchild on 24.05.2006 at 19:48

In the previous version, you could only edit and lock your own topics. It's weird that you cannot lock them now while you can do everything else... But if needed, just report it to mods and it should do the trick

I actually don't remember if users can or can't lock their own topics. Try the 'Topic settings' button - there should be a small checkbox there to lock the topic.
25.05.2006 - 02:09
Raiden
Down Under Staff
No, sorry Ivan, there isn't. There is Topic title, subcatagory, link to bands, and a save changes button, but no lock topic checkbox. I may have to employ wrathchild's strategy!
----
- Bruce Dickinson

10.03.2007 - 14:31
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
was there a feature to allow users to lock/unlock their own topic? I happen to join MS much later, so I don't know...anyway, I think allowing users to lock self-created topics wouldn't matter, but allowing users to unlock self created topics wouldn't be useful. (I believe the reason for this is understood )
----
that which shines without names and forms...
10.03.2007 - 14:55
Thryce
Retired Staff
Written by Paganblood on 10.03.2007 at 14:31

was there a feature to allow users to lock/unlock their own topic? I happen to join MS much later, so I don't know...

Just read some posts in this thread, and you will easily find these answers yourself.

Necrowinter: "I noticed that we can delete our own topics and move our own topics. These seem to be new features, and they're pretty cool, but I was just wondering... Can we lock our own topics? We could on MSv2, and I was just wondering if we could here too and I've just missed the feature."

wrathchild: "In the previous version, you could only edit and lock your own topics. It's weird that you cannot lock them now while you can do everything else... But if needed, just report it to mods and it should do the trick "

So yes, people who created a thread had the ability to lock/unlock their created thread themselves too, next to the mods who also have these abilities, as you know.

Furthermore, realize that MSv2 is gone and stays gone.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
11.03.2007 - 13:21
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
@thryce: thanks for the information.
----
that which shines without names and forms...