Metal Storm logo
Art: Geostationary Banana Over Texas

02.01.2007 - 03:02
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
http://www.geostationarybananaovertexas.com/en.html

"(Geostationary Banana Over Texas) is an art intervention that involves placing a gigantic banana over the Texas sky. This object will float between the high atmosphere and Earth's low orbit, being visible only from the state of Texas and its surroundings. From the ground the banana will be clearly recognizable and visible day and night; it will stay up for approximately one month."
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
02.01.2007 - 10:56
Valentin B
Iconoclast
why do they want to do this?sure, it's a banana, over texas, the state in which bush was born, so it's an anti-bush thing, but it sounds like a waste of money to me.
02.01.2007 - 14:02
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
it's not an anti-bush statement. it's meant to be art.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
02.01.2007 - 14:25
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
This shood not be in Art forum

even this tread are so wierd :
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
02.01.2007 - 14:41
Eight
Shapeshifter
Its a plane, it's a bird, no it's an art of mental breakdown probably. 'Geostationary French Fries Over North Pole'.
----
Book: "I am a Shepherd. Folks like a man of God."

Mal: "No, they don't. Men of God make everyone feel guilty and judged."
03.01.2007 - 18:13
Promonex
Cathemeral
This reminds me of the art of Thomas Baumgärtel, a German artist who has sprayed a banana on about 4,000 museums and other places of art worldwide and who uses bananas as his only motif for his pictures and portraits. I never really understood the sense of it and I never really cared, but blowing out 1 million dollars for a giant banana like those guys do is pretty ridiculous. But I guess doing something ridiculous and Dada is what they were aiming for anyway.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
06.02.2007 - 10:13
GT
Coffee!!
This sounds like a pretty stupid idea...have to be rather big banana if it's to be placed in geostationary orbit...that's 36000 km out in space!!
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
01.12.2008 - 22:16
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Sounds like the ramblings of a crazy cult to me.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
01.12.2008 - 23:21
Valentin B
Iconoclast
"the project was suspended because it was not possible to gather the funds within the deadline"

"hey, mr. Trump! would you like to finance my geostationary banana project?"

"what the fuck?"

"please???"

"NO!!"
23.12.2008 - 19:00
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I think I'm gonna get a team together and place a geostationary bowl of poutine over Quebec...
27.12.2008 - 06:49
Soliloquy

Well...this actually would be funny if the project goes through. i dont really see the grotesque or the beauty in it other than just absurdity....but still. i mean, just imagine waking up to a big fucking giant banana in the sky rather than sun.

'oh my god! its judgment day! god forgot his banana here and will be back to claim it...along with our lives! run from the big giant banana!'
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde