09. The Valkyrie
10. Witchery In Forests Dark I
11. Witchery In Forests Dark II

Additional info
Produced by MK.

Formats:

• CD
  • CD in digipak including bonus track and extended booklet
  • Gatefold LP (180g virgin vinyl) incl. bonus track, poster and PVC protection sleeve: print-run of 300 copies
  • Book edition (hardcover, 48 pages, ca. 18x18 cm) incl. bonus track and bonus CD featuring horror ambient tracks by Schwadorf; print-run of 700 copies

Release dates:
  • September 27 (Europe)
  • October 9 (North America)

• Found in 13 lists
    Top lists

Comments

Comments: 44   Visited by: 509 users
    28.09.2013 - 17:05
    Rating: 9
    master666

29.09.2013 - 03:12
    Rating: 10
    Noxious

Perfect...
    29.09.2013 - 13:42
    annodomini

What just did happen in my headphones?
    ----
    the riddle wants to be...
    01.10.2013 - 17:59
    Death_95

Amazing! My favorite Gothic band by far!
    02.10.2013 - 19:24
    Rating: 9
    Atom89

All this year expecting something like this. Play it loud and feel alive!!
    Congratulations, TVB !!
    02.10.2013 - 21:01
    Zap
    Never heard this band before (heard of them many times), but that first song kicks so much ass it's ridiculous.
    Never used this before either, but it's appropriate:
    02.10.2013 - 23:38
    3rdWorld
    China was a neat
    This is at the top of "Top 20 of 2013". Lets see how longer it lasts.

*youtube-s it in a new tab and looks for a frogged version as well*
    03.10.2013 - 02:07
    Rating: 7
    Erik M.

Written by Zap on 02.10.2013 at 21:01

Never heard this band before (heard of them many times), but that first song kicks so much ass it's ridiculous.
    Never used this before either, but it's appropriate:

Will see them tomorrow so checked this one out today. Although it's just a first impression, I must sadly say that it's definitely not as good as this one (which kicks even more ass if you ask me):

Knowing myself however, I change my mind quite often after multiple listens of an album, just so you know. But I've listened to Carpathia 2 times in a row and I never really do that, which says enough I think.

Btw, are you talking about the first song (Witching Hour) or what actually is the second song called A Witch Is Born? I'm asking because the first song is just an intro.
    03.10.2013 - 09:57
    Zap
    Written by Erik M. on 03.10.2013 at 02:07

Will see them tomorrow so checked this one out today. Although it's just a first impression, I must sadly say that it's definitely not as good as this one (which kicks even more ass if you ask me):

Link

Knowing myself however, I change my mind quite often after multiple listens of an album, just so you know. But I've listened to Carpathia 2 times in a row and I never really do that, which says enough I think.

Btw, are you talking about the first song (Witching Hour) or what actually is the second song called A Witch Is Born? I'm asking because the first song is just an intro.

Well, yes I was talking about the song after the intro, "A With Is Born". I'm definitely gonna check this band's entire discography out very soon. I'll start with that link of yours
    Also, have fun tomorrow
    03.10.2013 - 14:01
    nekrobik

One of the best albums of 2013 \m/:devil:
    03.10.2013 - 15:40
    LeKiwi
    High Fist Prog
    I don't really delve into gothic but this is pretty enjoyable
    03.10.2013 - 17:29
    Rating: 8
    CyberSymphony
    Ollie
    Just gave this album a listen, extremely fun album. A few moments where I wanted dance around a campfire, but overall its not too bad. A good album to spin when Halloween arrives
    03.10.2013 - 19:32
    Rating: 6
    Hallford9000

Fun Gothic Metal. Scares the shit out of you, while you dance with rotten limbs. Also a bit chessy, but in amounts that are just right.
    03.10.2013 - 20:01
    Darth Mitchell
    Mitchell
    Written by CyberSymphony on 03.10.2013 at 17:29

A few moments where I wanted dance around a campfire, but overall its not too bad.

This part made my day XD
    04.10.2013 - 03:55
    Unhealer
    Eclecticist
    I didn't know these guys are one of those top-2013-on-metal-storm-as-soon-as-new-album-is-released bands. I tried it and it's not my cup of tea, but not bad...
    04.10.2013 - 16:32
    VPeter

Typical The Vision Bleak, fun album to listen to but it gets tedious after a while. Has some catchy songs(The Wood Hag easily gets stuck in your head for weeks), some more slow and epic songs and some just plain forgettable songs. It is like every other The Vision Bleak album, Witching Hours is more comparable to Carpathia and The Wolves Go Hunt Their Prey than the last one, all the song follow a central theme as the title tracks clearly show. An overall fun album but it doesn't break any barriers.
    04.10.2013 - 16:33
    Erik M.

Written by Zap on 03.10.2013 at 09:57

Well, yes I was talking about the song after the intro, "A With Is Born". I'm definitely gonna check this band's entire discography out very soon. I'll start with that link of yours
    Also, have fun tomorrow

Haha, I thought so, and thanks. It was definitely an enjoyable show. All three bands (Dordeduh, Saturnus and The Vision Bleak) were totally great. Musically (as in the music they make) The Vision Bleak is the "worst" (still good of course), but their performance was by far the best. Really cool guys and awesome to see Markus Stock right there on stage, who is of course also in Empyrium and Noekk (two way better bands, in my opinion). Too bad Saturnus only played for about 45-50 minutes since that is just too short for a band like that with a lot of long songs.
    04.10.2013 - 19:02
    Zap
    Written by Erik M. on 04.10.2013 at 16:33

Haha, I thought so, and thanks. It was definitely an enjoyable show. All three bands (Dordeduh, Saturnus and The Vision Bleak) were totally great. Musically (as in the music they make) The Vision Bleak is the "worst" (still good of course), but their performance was by far the best. Really cool guys and awesome to see Markus Stock right there on stage, who is of course also in Empyrium and Noekk (two way better bands, in my opinion). Too bad Saturnus only played for about 45-50 minutes since that is just too short for a band like that with a lot of long songs.

I'd love to go see those three bands as well, but unfortunately they play on a Monday here in Belgium. And you're right, doom bands should play at least 3 hours. Just kidding of course, but 45 minutes is indeed short for a band with those long songs. It happens all the time though, since most of the time the bands with the really long songs aren't as big...
    I checked out that link, and indeed that album rocks as well. This band is cool. I don't think they'll ever be one of my favorites, but the music is definitely solid and just plain enjoyable.
    08.10.2013 - 22:13
    Death_95

Written by LeKiwi on 03.10.2013 at 15:40

Me too, I don't really like Gothic but I love this band!
    14.10.2013 - 19:01
    Erik M.

So "pretty enjoyable" equals a 10? Pretty enjoyable equals a 7 in my book. While I like the band, they are never anywhere near the level of Empyrium and Noekk (of which Markus Stock and Thomas Helm are both members of) and even then I'd highly prefer their 2nd album (Carpathia) to the others that I've heard.
    14.10.2013 - 19:06
    Erik M.

Written by Zap on 04.10.2013 at 19:02

I'd love to go see those three bands as well, but unfortunately they play on a Monday here in Belgium. And you're right, doom bands should play at least 3 hours. Just kidding of course, but 45 minutes is indeed short for a band with those long songs. It happens all the time though, since most of the time the bands with the really long songs aren't as big...
    I checked out that link, and indeed that album rocks as well. This band is cool. I don't think they'll ever be one of my favorites, but the music is definitely solid and just plain enjoyable.

Sorry for the late reply (I kind of forgot to reply ). What does it matter on which day they play btw? Most shows during the week days don't end very late (around 23:00 I think). Anyway, I totally agree about what you said about this band. Really cool guys and band but the music itself isn't brilliant by any means. Handing out 8's for their albums is probably as high as I'll go because the music is just fun and not very impressive most of the time.
    14.10.2013 - 20:11
    Zap
    Written by Erik M. on 14.10.2013 at 19:06

Sorry for the late reply (I kind of forgot to reply ). What does it matter on which day they play btw? Most shows during the week days don't end very late (around 23:00 I think). Anyway, I totally agree about what you said about this band. Really cool guys and band but the music itself isn't brilliant by any means. Handing out 8's for their albums is probably as high as I'll go because the music is just fun and not very impressive most of the time.

No problem.
    Well, normally I'd agree with you, but since Tuesdays are especially heavy this year I won't go to a concert on a Monday. If I had the self-control to not drink at a concert I might consider it, but I really don't
    Also, I don't like going to concerts alone so if I don't know anyone that's going/can't convince any of my friends to come (which, by the way, isn't that hard so it's not really an excuse in this case), I just skip it (unless it's a band or event I really really want to see. Or a rare occasion like Emperor reuniting. Or AC/DC coming to Belgium. That doesn't happen too often)
    14.10.2013 - 20:19
    LeKiwi
    High Fist Prog
    Written by Erik M. on 14.10.2013 at 19:01

So "pretty enjoyable" equals a 10? Pretty enjoyable equals a 7 in my book. While I like the band, they are never anywhere near the level of Empyrium and Noekk (of which Markus Stock and Thomas Helm are both members of) and even then I'd highly prefer their 2nd album (Carpathia) to the others that I've heard.

I started giving albums a rating of 10 if they were released during the current year to counter vote abuse. I change the rating after a while to the actual rating it deserves, since then my vote is rather insignificant
    14.10.2013 - 20:24
    Marcel Hubregtse
    Grumpy Old Fuck
    Written by LeKiwi on 14.10.2013 at 20:19

I started giving albums a rating of 10 if they were released during the current year to counter vote abuse.

which is vote abuse in itself
    ----
    Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
    Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
    05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

14.10.2013 - 20:27
    LeKiwi
    High Fist Prog
    Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 14.10.2013 at 20:24

I started giving albums a rating of 10 if they were released during the current year to counter vote abuse.

which is vote abuse in itself

You know what they say; two wrongs most definitely make a right
    14.10.2013 - 22:04
    Erik M.

Written by Zap on 14.10.2013 at 20:11

No problem.
    Well, normally I'd agree with you, but since Tuesdays are especially heavy this year I won't go to a concert on a Monday. If I had the self-control to not drink at a concert I might consider it, but I really don't
    Also, I don't like going to concerts alone so if I don't know anyone that's going/can't convince any of my friends to come (which, by the way, isn't that hard so it's not really an excuse in this case), I just skip it (unless it's a band or event I really really want to see. Or a rare occasion like Emperor reuniting. Or AC/DC coming to Belgium. That doesn't happen too often)

Hehe, I know the feeling. I can't imagine NOT drinking at all either... I mean, besides beer, what is actually a good non-alcoholic beverage? For example, after 2 glasses of Coca-Cola I'm already saturated and can't really drink more even if I wanted to. And drinking water all night is totally boring. Anyway, since my brother is travelling (for 3 months now) I sometimes go alone to concerts, like last saturday when OT performed, seeing as none of my friends enjoy doom metal enough to tag along (bastards ). But when Dark Tranquillity plays here in Tilburg this November I'm going with a friend of mine who does enjoy metal (mainly death, thrash and even nu metal I think, so pretty different taste from me, haha). But seeing as Marcel was also there it at least wasn't boring as he also knows most people there.
    14.10.2013 - 22:04
    Erik M.

I started giving albums a rating of 10 if they were released during the current year to counter vote abuse. I change the rating after a while to the actual rating it deserves, since then my vote is rather insignificant

Like Marcel says it is vote abuse in fact. Why even bother with that when you change the rating later anyway? Then the effect is gone anyway, while the real/other vote abusers still have their rating intact, so you basically fooled other people while you didn't accomplish anything in the end.

Written by LeKiwi on 14.10.2013 at 20:27

You know what they say; two wrongs most definitely make a right

Except that that phrase is total nonsense (in this case at least).
    15.10.2013 - 02:09
    LeKiwi
    High Fist Prog
    Written by Erik M. on 14.10.2013 at 22:04

Like Marcel says it is vote abuse in fact. Why even bother with that when you change the rating later anyway? Then the effect is gone anyway, while the real/other vote abusers still have their rating intact, so you basically fooled other people while you didn't accomplish anything in the end.

Except that that phrase is total nonsense (in this case at least).

Vote abuse perhaps, but with good intention. In truth, my vote may have been the difference between top 10 or 11 on the charts, thus allowing the album to garner the attention that it deserves. Regardless of additional vote abusers that may swarm, at least it could remain in the spotlight for that small length of time

I was well aware of that, I was being satirical

Edit: At this point all signs of vote abuse has vanished and this album's time in the spotlight is long gone, so I put the vote I think this really deserves....for now.
    15.10.2013 - 02:17
    Marcel Hubregtse
    Grumpy Old Fuck
    Written by LeKiwi on 15.10.2013 at 02:09

thus allowing the album to garner the attention that it deserves.

according to you. And this album and many others certainly don't deserve any attention (according to me) so you'r e simply as bad as someone handing out 1's to these sorts of albums.
    ----
    Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
    Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
    05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.10.2013 - 02:29
    LeKiwi
    High Fist Prog
    Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.10.2013 at 02:17

according to you. And this album and many others certainly don't deserve any attention (according to me) so you'r e simply as bad as someone handing out 1's to these sorts of albums.

Of course, as with most things musical, purely subjective. Do the maths; there is a rather conspicuous difference between the way a rating of 1 affects the score in contrast with a rating of 10. You also forget the vote abusers retain their scores, I don't; as indicated by my current vote to the left.

Edit: Also this is off-topic; we should probably stop.

Hits total: 11429 | This month: 34