Metal Storm logo
Elize Ryd - Shares Audition Song For Nightwish

Many years later, Amaranthe singer Elize Ryd has posted online an audio recording of her singing the Nightwish song "Nemo" (from Once). Elize Ryd laid down the vocals for the track in 2006 when the Finnish symphonic metallers were seeking a replacement for Tarja Turunen. If you are curious about it, you can listen to her take on the song below from the audition. Anette Olzon ended up being the chosen one at the time but in 2012 the band parted ways with Olzon as well.

Elize Ryd posted online: "I've been saving this for a special moment. And now when I became a singer as I was dreaming of... and been travelling all over the world and met fantastic people and also Nightwish on stage. And have such wonderful fans ♥ It is a amazing memory from the day when Nightwish send me a demo with music and ask me to put my voice on it! So here it is. Nemo from the Nightwish audition 2006!"

Curiously enough, Elize Ryd and Alissa White-Gluz (The Agonist) stepped in for Anette on September 28th, 2012 at the Ogden Theatre, Denver, because Olzon was forced to spend the night at a local hospital.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Nightwish
Posted: 30.09.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 28   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 400 users
30.09.2013 - 13:29
Ismarmlp

PLEASE NO!!! SHE?? Let it stay on Amaranthe!
30.09.2013 - 13:43
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Ismarmlp on 30.09.2013 at 13:29

really what's happening with nightwish ! They could just keep Tarja and avoid all these dramas
----
The Fangirl.
30.09.2013 - 13:48
Nemo Atkins

Written by Ismarmlp on 30.09.2013 at 13:29

I think Elize sounded pretty good on the recording (in fact, I reckon she sounded better than Anette would have done it: never saw them live with her on vocals). I actually am now wondering what some of the songs on Dark Passion Play would have sounded like with her on vocals...

Let's not jump the gun just yet about Elize being the new Nightwish singer. Bear in mind, this isn't something confirmed by Nightwish. It's just something Elize has shared. For all we know, it's just that.
30.09.2013 - 14:18
qlacs
"The Quaker"
Written by Guest on 30.09.2013 at 14:05

Well it does sound better than Anette's version. Still hope Floor becomes the permanent vocalist though.

+1. I don' like NW but when I saw then with the lady it was pretty good.
----
30.09.2013 - 15:09
Byners

Good, really...
But that's something in the past, she won't leave Amaranthe
----
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost..."
30.09.2013 - 15:28
Neroese
Account deleted
Her ass is great, and she looks very pretty too, but metal isn't for her...
30.09.2013 - 16:00
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Don't like it, I'd still like Floor to stay.
30.09.2013 - 17:53
Spacerunner

I see a lot of progress in her singing since this record. She was a beginner and Nightwish wanted someone more expirienced at that time.
Still I hope they will find someone with young and rich operatic voice. Floor is good on her own but not the type of vocalist I associate with their music. Manuela Kraller or someone like her would be fantastic.
30.09.2013 - 18:11
Akula

I like this version very much.
30.09.2013 - 18:18
Metal Invader

Imo better then Anette but still cant beat Tarja..not even Floor!
30.09.2013 - 18:58
CyberSymphony
Ollie
Her singing is nice, but there's isn't much power in her voice.
30.09.2013 - 20:19
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
Not bad at all.
30.09.2013 - 21:29
LICH

As much as i love her voice, i think floor is for me in the end
01.10.2013 - 01:04
0rpheus

Well all know that in female-fronted metal bands, when the vocalist leaves, it's not the same band anymore!
I can hardly understand how many fans are still into Nightwish after Tarja's departure, not to mention the shift in their music.
----
I would prefer not to.
01.10.2013 - 04:11
athena

Written by 0rpheus on 01.10.2013 at 01:04

Well all know that in female-fronted metal bands, when the vocalist leaves, it's not the same band anymore!
I can hardly understand how many fans are still into Nightwish after Tarja's departure, not to mention the shift in their music.

That tends to happen to any band when the vocalist leaves...Maiden, Priest, etc.
01.10.2013 - 04:12
athena

She is totally orange in that promo pic!
01.10.2013 - 05:18
moribun

One word: cheesy.
01.10.2013 - 08:30
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by athena on 01.10.2013 at 04:12

Kudos best comment ever on her
----
The Fangirl.
01.10.2013 - 12:13
Night Theater

No, thank you. Floor is much better.
01.10.2013 - 12:15
Night Theater

Okay, she's not bad; but, I'd prefer someone with a better range and not as poppy (but can sing poppy if they wished).
01.10.2013 - 20:53
Zenzero
Zenzero
I liked Tarja and loved Anette... It's hard now, probably the problem is the ego of Tuomas!
02.10.2013 - 00:14
Lyleina

So now I know... It is possible to do worse than what Anette did !
Anette was not a lyrical singer, but at least she has her own style. With this one, I juste have the impression to listen to a random pop singer...
03.10.2013 - 17:47
Thrashette

Not fond of this version but not particularly fond of Annette singing it either. I think I'm way too attached to hearing Tarja sing it, considering it was one of the songs responsible for getting me into metal.

Indeed. Looks more like she's getting ready to audition for Jersey Shore.
03.10.2013 - 22:18
athena

Written by Thrashette on 03.10.2013 at 17:47

Not fond of this version but not particularly fond of Annette singing it either. I think I'm way too attached to hearing Tarja sing it, considering it was one of the songs responsible for getting me into metal.

Indeed. Looks more like she's getting ready to audition for Jersey Shore.

LOL (for real, I couldn't stop laughing when I read that!!!) It's so true!
04.10.2013 - 19:02
Erik M.

Pretty good, but as most people say she can't ever match Tarja. I'm not into Nightwish anymore, but still think Tarja is the best. Yes, even better than Floor. Anette was absolutely terrible and therefor easily the worst out of them all. I've seen Nightwish live with Anette when she just joined them and immediately stopped being a fan of the band because of the bad vocals she did.
04.10.2013 - 22:34
renai

Ah...a good 'cover'... but I think Annette's nailed just one point above this version. Nightwish make a good shoot with Floor right now.
----
hey...my blog >>> http://metalharem.blogspot.com/
09.10.2013 - 20:00
Ernis
狼獾
Not a bad one but nothing exceptional. Anette does have her own power that gave a new spark to old Nightwish songs. This was exactly because of her being more or less the opposite of Tarja, style-wise. Floor combines both "historical" singers and adds her own touch which is why I am content that she'll stick around this time.
15.10.2013 - 06:05
Susan
Smeghead
I love how people freaked about and thought she was auditioning for Nightwish NOW. This was from 2006, people! And wow, this was a damn good tape!

So glad she was not chosen. She's way too good. The I-miss-Tarja backlash would have hit her and we wouldn't have come to love her on our own. So glad she's having success now, orange or not, lol. Way talented.

----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs

Hits total: 8485 | This month: 8