Metal Storm logo
Crowbar - Announce New Bassist, Kirk Windstein Leaves Down

This one is a two-in-one. A lot has been happening on the New Orleans sludge metal veterans Crowbar camp lately. The band has announced the addition of bassist Jeff Golden to the group's ranks. Jeff is from Bolton, Connecticut, but currently resides in Estero, Florida. Bassist Patrick Bruders quit the band two months ago. Furthermore, Crowbar's mastermind Kirk Windstein, who was also in Down, is focusing solely on Crowbar now and will be replaced by stage manager/Honky guitarist Bobby Landgraf in the band.

Kirk Windstein posted the following on twitter: "For months now I have been posting that I am concentrating on Crowbar 100% FULL TIME... 2014 marks the 25th anniversary of Crowbar and it's a great feeling to put my heart and soul into something that I created so long ago. We are entering the studio 12/16 to record our 10th full length record, look for a late Spring release on E1... See y'all on the road with Crowbar! Thanks Kirk."

Bobby Landgraf has confirmed that he will be replacing Windstein in Down, posting the following statement on his Facebook: "Feeling very lucky to have this gig w Down?. It wouldn't be the same without Kirk Windsteins blessing. He is Riff Lord and the new Crowbar will be amazing..."

New Crowbar bassist Jeff Golden

Source: twitter.com
Band profile: Crowbar
Posted: 01.10.2013 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 49 users
01.10.2013 - 22:59
Jiri

Holy shit, how will this affect Down? I hear of LOT of Windstein's influence in the songwriting...
02.10.2013 - 00:04
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Losing Down for Crowbar is an acceptable compromise IMO.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS

Hits total: 2800 | This month: 2