03. Kangastus 1968
04. Suuri Pää Taivaasta
05. Myöhempien Aikojen Pyhien Teatterin Rukoilijasirkka
06. Dub Kuolleen Porton Muistolle
07. Muukalainen Puhuu
08. Kerettiläinen Vuohi

Additional info
CD version by Violent Journey Records.
Re-released on cassette by Diveliz Rex, limited edition of 200 hand-numbered copies with different cover.
Re-released on vinyl by Svart Records, limited to 400 copies.

1. Raven
2. Danjo's Zero
3. Mirage 1968
4. The Great Head from Heaven
5. The Praying Mantis of the Theatre of Latter-day Saints
6. Dub to the Memory of a Dead Whore (of Babylon)
7. Alien Speaks
8. Heretic Goat

Staff review by
Lucas
Rating:
Today we're talking about Oranssi Pazuzu, kids, which means as much as 'Orange Pazuzu' but then in Finnish. And who is Pazuzu, you may ask? Well, Pazuzu is this friendly fellow. His field of expertise was being the demon of the southwest wind. His hobbies were bringing famine and locust plagues to mankind. He's not all bad though, since he -although being an evil spirit himself- drove other evil spirits away. Well kids, that's it for todays mythology lesson, don't forget to do your homework on Marduk, Tiamat, Ea and all our other Babylonian friends... remember thursday's exam...

Read more ››
published 19.10.2009 | Comments (23)

Muukalainen Puhuu is the perfect album for the seasoned space traveller. Their bewildered, chaotic and inventive style of Black metal incorporates krautrock and psychedelica (and more!) coupled with a cosmic theme and massively spaced-out vibe. If you're in need of a holiday for the soul, drop some acid and spin this baby.

Lucas's picks | More picks ››

Found in 33 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 32   Visited by: 343 users
06.10.2013 - 12:05
Rating: 8
mz

Not liking this at all
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
06.10.2013 - 14:22
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by mz on 06.10.2013 at 12:05

Not liking this at all

What don't you like about it? This is pretty much a metalstorm classic
06.10.2013 - 14:55
mz

Written by Guest on 06.10.2013 at 14:22

Not liking this at all

What don't you like about it? This is pretty much a metalstorm classic

Do not know what to be honest. I gave this multiple spins and every time I was waiting for great moments to come but unfortunately, nothing happenedfor me. I know that this might sound absurd but this album was like a long intro and real music never showed off. I have also tried their second album and did not like that too, which is strange since I really loved hail sprit noir and Nachtmystium to a less extent
No point in bitching, this band is not made for me but I respect their originality and braveness
----
06.10.2013 - 15:06
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by mz on 06.10.2013 at 14:55

Do not know what to be honest. I gave this multiple spins and every time I was waiting for great moments to come but unfortunately, nothing happenedfor me. I know that this might sound absurd but this album was like a long intro and real music never showed off. I have also tried their second album and did not like that too, which is strange since I really loved hail sprit noir and Nachtmystium to a less extent
No point in bitching, this band is not made for me but I respect their originality and braveness

Could always try the two following records. They both offer something different. While this could be classed as psychedelic black metal it doesn't really sound like Nachtmystium or Hail Spirit Noir I don't think, so I don't think it's that strange.
11.01.2014 - 07:21
Lit.
Account deleted
God, this album is other-worldly, right down to that awesome cover art.
14.09.2014 - 16:01
bleak
Account deleted
Great album. My favourite psychedelic black metal band!
22.09.2014 - 23:30
Rating: 9
Erik M.

Not liking this at all

Let me get this straight... you dislike Dolorian('s debut), Brown Jenkins, Sadness and Oranssi Pazuzu? Your opinion, but...
22.09.2014 - 23:32
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Erik M. on 22.09.2014 at 23:30

Let me get this straight... you dislike Dolorian('s debut), Brown Jenkins, Sadness and Oranssi Pazuzu? Your opinion, but...

Don't forget The Ruins of Beverast
22.09.2014 - 23:34
Erik M.

Written by Guest on 22.09.2014 at 23:32

Oh yeah, that one too. And Cult of Fire's most recent album just came to mind as well (that mz dislikes). Awesome album.
22.09.2014 - 23:35
Erik M.

This album is great if not excellent. Might end up a 9 for me after more spins (so far I listened to it 3 times or so). Love the dreamy, spacey sound they have created.
23.09.2014 - 01:12
mz

Written by Erik M. on 22.09.2014 at 23:30

Opinions
I don't exactly dislike BJ and Dolorian or even the other ones you mentioned. It is just that I don't like them as much as the others.
Also, now that you have opened this gate, I must say that you are the one that dislikes PHOBOS, which is a true blasphemy in my book

Edit: also, I was thinking about revisiting BJ last week. Initially, I loved their sound a lot but after that, there was a sudden drop in my enjoyment. I'm taking a few days off from music not. Maybe I'd change mind on that specific band.

Edit 2: you forgot to mention leviathan and xasthur
----
23.09.2014 - 01:13
mz

Written by Guest on 22.09.2014 at 23:32

You know I love one of TRoB albums
----
23.09.2014 - 01:19
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by mz on 23.09.2014 at 01:13

You know I love one of TRoB albums

It doesn't count coz it's the worst

Really though, is this not one of the best songs ever?
23.09.2014 - 01:24
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Guest on 23.09.2014 at 01:19

It doesn't count coz it's the worst

This sound really rad.
Funny I always had a generic image of the ruins, I better check at least that album so...

Btw on topicness: Wow Mukalainen Puahuu is very good. Psychedelic bm very nice.
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
23.09.2014 - 01:25
mz

Written by Guest on 23.09.2014 at 01:19

The problem with TRoB is that their other songs does not touch the majesty of this:

Excellent one this.
----
23.09.2014 - 01:26
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Karlabos on 23.09.2014 at 01:24

This sound really rad.
Funny I always had a generic image of the ruins, I better check at least that album so...

Btw on topicness: Wow Mukalainen Puahuu is very good. Psychedelic bm very nice.

Definitely worth a punt, especially that album.

And yeah, going way off topic. I think these days the most recent Oranssi album is the best for me. I think the rock sound suits them a little better than the black metal one.
23.09.2014 - 01:30
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Guest on 23.09.2014 at 01:26

I think these days the most recent Oranssi album is the best for me. I think the rock sound suits them a little better than the black metal one.

Probably because the members used to play on a rock band. (Kuolleet Intiaaanit was the name if you happen to not know).
i remember reading somewhere on an interview that Oranssi Pazuzu was supposed to be a black metal version of Kuolleet Intiaanit
----
- Reimu Hakurei
23.09.2014 - 01:31
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Karlabos on 23.09.2014 at 01:30

Probably because the members used to play on a rock band. (Kuolleet Intiaaanit was the name if you happen to not know).
i remember reading somewhere on an interview that Oranssi Pazuzu was supposed to be a black metal version of Kuolleet Intiaanit

Think it actually says that on their MA page =P I think I checked them out at one point. Don't really remember though, which means I probably didn't dig it.
23.09.2014 - 01:33
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Guest on 23.09.2014 at 01:31

Written by Karlabos on 23.09.2014 at 01:30

Think it actually says that on their MA page =P I think I checked them out at one point. Don't really remember though, which means I probably didn't dig it.

It's really weird. It's one of those bands which I didn't get at the first time. But then it grew on me with time
----
- Reimu Hakurei
26.09.2014 - 23:57
Erik M.

Written by mz on 23.09.2014 at 01:12

Opinions
I don't exactly dislike BJ and Dolorian or even the other ones you mentioned. It is just that I don't like them as much as the others.
Also, now that you have opened this gate, I must say that you are the one that dislikes PHOBOS, which is a true blasphemy in my book

Edit: also, I was thinking about revisiting BJ last week. Initially, I loved their sound a lot but after that, there was a sudden drop in my enjoyment. I'm taking a few days off from music not. Maybe I'd change mind on that specific band.

Edit 2: you forgot to mention leviathan and xasthur

Well, handing out 5's and 6's to me implies you do dislike them. Stand up for your opinion, dude.

Yes, I did check out one or two P.H.O.B.O.S. tracks and due to the fact that it was so monotonous I couldn't even finish those tracks. They really annoyed the hell out of me. Not to mention the music sounded amateurish. For example, the drums sounded like fake ones, and then the bad kind.

Probably going to regret saying this but fuck it, it's my opinion.
26.09.2014 - 23:59
Erik M.

Listened to it again and this is some truly excellent stuff. Love the spacey, psychedelic atmosphere.
27.09.2014 - 00:05
Erik M.

Written by Guest on 23.09.2014 at 01:26

I think these days the most recent Oranssi album is the best for me. I think the rock sound suits them a little better than the black metal one.

Just listened to that one this evening and I like it much less than this magnificent debut. Totally disagree with you on their sound as well. This album is also much more psychedelic.
27.09.2014 - 00:41
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Erik M. on 27.09.2014 at 00:05

Totally disagree with you on their sound as well. This album is also much more psychedelic.

I didn't say it was more psychedelic. I said the sound suits them better
27.09.2014 - 00:49
Erik M.

Written by Guest on 27.09.2014 at 00:41

I didn't say it was more psychedelic. I said the sound suits them better

I was just saying that in general, not implying that you implied it's more psychedelic...

But no, the sound of this album totally suits them better, in my opinion. In other words: atmospheric psychedelic BM suits them better.
27.09.2014 - 01:03
mz

Written by Erik M. on 26.09.2014 at 23:57

Well, handing out 5's and 6's to me implies you do dislike them. Stand up for your opinion, dude.

Yes, I did check out one or two P.H.O.B.O.S. tracks and due to the fact that it was so monotonous I couldn't even finish those tracks. They really annoyed the hell out of me. Not to mention the music sounded amateurish. For example, the drums sounded like fake ones, and then the bad kind.

Probably going to regret saying this but fuck it, it's my opinion.

Jeez. I'm of course standing up for my opinion. I think I might love BJ more with further spins. How on the earth this implies that I'm not standing by my opinion?
Moreover, giving 6 to an album means that I don't dislike it and in fact, it's mildly enjoyable. 6=average

And I'm not going to have a reply on PHOBOS as I might be their biggest fanboy tight now on MS
----
27.09.2014 - 01:41
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by mz on 27.09.2014 at 01:03

I think I might love bj more with further spins.

Well, that came out wrong...
----
- Reimu Hakurei
27.09.2014 - 01:46
mz

Written by Karlabos on 27.09.2014 at 01:41

Well, that came out wrong...

I opted for something like this: The more people give me BJ, the more I like it :p
----
28.09.2014 - 19:27
Erik M.

Written by mz on 27.09.2014 at 01:03

Jeez. I'm of course standing up for my opinion. I think I might love BJ more with further spins. How on the earth this implies that I'm not standing by my opinion?
Moreover, giving 6 to an album means that I don't dislike it and in fact, it's mildly enjoyable. 6=average

And I'm not going to have a reply on PHOBOS as I might be their biggest fanboy tight now on MS

Fair enough. A 6 score in my case definitely implies I dislike it (as it's indeed average/mediocre), but I don't think it's bad.
25.11.2015 - 00:26
mz

So, yeah, I am trying this again. Does not sound that bad
----
25.11.2015 - 00:34
mz

I am also waiting for someone to start bitching about RotB.
----

Hits total: 14098 | This month: 20