Metal Storm logo
Neighbors Knockin' On The Door, Asking Can We Turn It Down ?

Original post

Posted by angel., 06.10.2013 - 14:17
Well I'm wondering if it ever happened to any of you that neighbors knock on your door to ask turning it down. Then what did you do and how did you handle such situation and neighbors ? Edit : And also I'm wondering the same thing about musician fellows, especially those who practice vocals ( vocalists who practice everyday based on a daily schedule), share you experiences please.
07.10.2013 - 22:17
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Mercyful_Kate on 07.10.2013 at 22:05

It's common decency to stay within a reasonable volume, especially at certain hours of the day. My upstairs neighbor and I both like to listen to music. I ask him to call me if he thinks it's too loud and I am told to do the same. He has a three year old who goes to bed at 9pm. I turn my music or TV down at 8:30. I'm not 18 anymore. I don't feel like terrorizing my neighbors.

Well yeah the wisest thing to do is to have tolerance with neighbors as everyone has their own things to deal with ,I truly accept it, but playing music loud doesn't mean that someone is still eighteen, it's just the person should know at which hour of day/night can do such and enjoy the loud music without annoying anyone else around and it has nothing to do with age I think
----
The Fangirl.
07.10.2013 - 22:21
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Bad English on 07.10.2013 at 21:58

Chinese ppl are polite generaly

yeah I agree, some of them are one of the most sophisticated people on earth, especially those who practice their ancient culture and I truly respect some of them who are trained through those ancient teachings, mostly they're so wise.
----
The Fangirl.
07.10.2013 - 22:28
mz
Written by angel. on 07.10.2013 at 21:40

really ? I think, transport services are noisy themselves, how someone can complain about sound leak from headphones.

sure transport services are noisy but extreme metal sound could be annoying for ordinary people. Moreover, people have got used to the noise of taxis and buses and regard these types of noise as background sound but a the sound of e-guitar and metal vocals are new for the others, in a bad way of course. In addition, the fact that you always have to stand at less than 10 cm distance from the others in the rush hour of subway will help people get disturbed very easily when subjected to sound leak of let's say, black metal or death metal.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
07.10.2013 - 22:30
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by angel. on 07.10.2013 at 22:13
as a side note :
some thinks that animal rights are prior to human rights, they believe if animals will be well-treated then for sure human rights will be pursued too.

Well, I guess that is also true... I do know that many people in China support animal rights, and want the eating of cats and dogs banned. It's a total misconception that all Chinese people eat dogs and cats or do not see a problem with it. The government there is the main problem, and sadly, I can't see them budging over animal welfare in the foreseeable future... the West would have to stop trade with them for them to seriously consider it, but money is the root of most evil in the world so that isn't going to happen either. *sighs*
07.10.2013 - 22:33
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Angelic Storm on 07.10.2013 at 22:30

... but money is the root of most evil in the world so that isn't going to happen either. *sighs*

right on
----
The Fangirl.
07.10.2013 - 23:17
Vombatus
Potorro
Never happened to me. I listen to music at a reasonable volume and even if sometimes I like putting it a little louder than usual, I try to keep in mind what hour it is, if neighbours are on vacation, etc... Basically trying to be civilized. Also, I never use headphones, so don't listen to music outside home.
08.10.2013 - 00:30
Syk
myspace/bonerama
^ Same as Vombatus.
Written by Mercyful_Kate on 07.10.2013 at 22:05
My upstairs neighbor ... has a three year old who goes to bed at 9pm
WTF? Seriously, that's not healthy...
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
08.10.2013 - 00:35
Mercyful_Kate
It's a little late for a 3 year old, but I know people who let their young children stay up til midnight and beyond. It's ridiculous.
08.10.2013 - 00:43
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Mercyful_Kate on 08.10.2013 at 00:35

It's a little late for a 3 year old, but I know people who let their young children stay up til midnight and beyond. It's ridiculous.

I've seen children outside playing around where I live at 10pm and sometimes even after 11pm. The parents obviously don't care where they are, just so long as they aren't getting under their feet. Ridiculous isn't the word...
08.10.2013 - 02:51
Mercyful_Kate
Neglectful, perhaps? In any case, the three-year-old upstairs isn't running around waking me up after I lay down for sleep, so I don't care that her parents put her to bed slightly later than average.
08.10.2013 - 09:20
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Syk on 08.10.2013 at 00:30

WTF? Seriously, that's not healthy...

it's not healthy, because it's in fact too soon
----
The Fangirl.
08.10.2013 - 11:14
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Written by Angelic Storm on 08.10.2013 at 00:43

I've seen children outside playing around where I live at 10pm and sometimes even after 11pm. The parents obviously don't care where they are, just so long as they aren't getting under their feet. Ridiculous isn't the word...

I really don't see a problem with that. It's good that the kids are playing outside rather than stuck in front of an xbox or playstation. Or am I getting that wrong?

I've never had problems with neighbours complaining about music, and I never bother if a neighbour is playing music loud either. I live a bit outside the city, so I don't really have too many neighbours anyway.
I've actually had neighbours come to a friends place and say that we were too loud and they could hear our footsteps in the apartment below, that was a bit weird, we had no clue what to do after. Never had them come back after that though.
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
08.10.2013 - 11:22
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Spirit Molecule on 08.10.2013 at 11:14
I really don't see a problem with that. It's good that the kids are playing outside rather than stuck in front of an xbox or playstation. Or am I getting that wrong?

You have no problem with primary school kids being outside at 11 o' clock at night with no adult supervision? We're talking about children here, not teenagers. You think it's okay for a child of 8 or 9 years old to be out at that time of night with no responsible adults present? I don't think any responsible parent would allow their young child to be outside without their prescence at that sort of hour. It doesn't surprise me that there's so many kids these days are out of control and causing trouble, their parents obviously don't know or care what they're up to.
08.10.2013 - 12:58
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
I usually use headphones, so that problem never comes up. The times I have the music on loud, rarely, I never got complaints. So, I'm guessing my neighbours have good taste

Not even my parents complain anymore and they like Moonspell. So, we're good. They even saw them live when they played at the town's festivities. At this point, everyone around me is used to it, I guess.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
08.10.2013 - 13:11
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by BloodTears on 08.10.2013 at 12:58

So, I'm guessing my neighbours have good taste

Encourage them to breed
----
The Fangirl.
08.10.2013 - 13:31
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Written by Angelic Storm on 08.10.2013 at 11:22

You have no problem with primary school kids being outside at 11 o' clock at night with no adult supervision? We're talking about children here, not teenagers. You think it's okay for a child of 8 or 9 years old to be out at that time of night with no responsible adults present? I don't think any responsible parent would allow their young child to be outside without their prescence at that sort of hour. It doesn't surprise me that there's so many kids these days are out of control and causing trouble, their parents obviously don't know or care what they're up to.

Well yeah it is kinda late, but I'm assuming they're playing on their front lawn where the parents can keep an eye on them
----

Last fm
Don't click here
08.10.2013 - 15:04
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Spirit Molecule on 08.10.2013 at 13:31
Well yeah it is kinda late, but I'm assuming they're playing on their front lawn where the parents can keep an eye on them

Nope, unfortunately that is not the case... at least not generally. Some of the things I see kids around here get up to, I can't believe that they are doing them within their parents line of vision, and if they are, then the parents are not fit to be raising them. Also, some kids here hang around in a gang, and are definitely not under parental supervision.
08.10.2013 - 15:22
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Written by Angelic Storm on 08.10.2013 at 15:04

Nope, unfortunately that is not the case... at least not generally. Some of the things I see kids around here get up to, I can't believe that they are doing them within their parents line of vision, and if they are, then the parents are not fit to be raising them. Also, some kids here hang around in a gang, and are definitely not under parental supervision.

8-9 year olds in a gang ?? Man, the UK is really rough isn't it

Back to the topic. I'm wondering if anyone has had their neighbours ask them to turn it down while they were having sex, or maybe the other way around ?
----

Last fm
Don't click here
08.10.2013 - 16:05
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Spirit Molecule on 08.10.2013 at 15:22
8-9 year olds in a gang ?? Man, the UK is really rough isn't it

Back to the topic. I'm wondering if anyone has had their neighbours ask them to turn it down while they were having sex, or maybe the other way around ?

Yep! Inner city Glasgow is really rough, yes. Mores the pity...

Your second point is non-applicable to me.
08.10.2013 - 16:29
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Angelic Storm on 08.10.2013 at 16:05

Your second point is non-applicable to me.

and maybe totally non-applicable to MSers
----
The Fangirl.
08.10.2013 - 16:45
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Written by angel. on 08.10.2013 at 16:29

Is that coz all MSers have ninja sex ?
----

Last fm
Don't click here
08.10.2013 - 16:49
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Spirit Molecule on 08.10.2013 at 16:45

Written by angel. on 08.10.2013 at 16:29

Is that coz all MSers have ninja sex ?

it might be,but MSers are more busy with digging records, making lists and shoutboxing
----
The Fangirl.
08.10.2013 - 23:36
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by BloodTears on 08.10.2013 at 12:58

I usually use headphones, so that problem never comes up. The times I have the music on loud, rarely, I never got complaints. So, I'm guessing my neighbours have good taste

Not even my parents complain anymore and they like Moonspell. So, we're good. They even saw them live when they played at the town's festivities. At this point, everyone around me is used to it, I guess.

Mediterania is good to do it because you walk at night and go out and drink, eat, get laid , so probobly nobody is at home, try it at sieasta time
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
08.10.2013 - 23:41
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Angelic Storm on 08.10.2013 at 00:43

Written by Mercyful_Kate on 08.10.2013 at 00:35

wellcome to Glasgow
I wenyt to sleep at one hundred when I was free or when I was not free at twenty tree , I was waiting sometimes my dad when comes home from acpital city whit some swetes till late hours, then I change it at age 1o I start go sleep at twenty one hundred , but at age 14 at midnight till at 20 it was at four hundred,m remeber me at old days at old SB spamming whit Richard who also went sleep late
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
09.10.2013 - 00:04
ANGEL REAPER
Neighbors? what neighbors? i live in middle of nowhere...next neighbor is one km away....
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
09.10.2013 - 00:10
Mercyful_Kate
Well, isn't that nice?
09.10.2013 - 00:59
ANGEL REAPER
Written by Mercyful_Kate on 09.10.2013 at 00:10

Well, isn't that nice?

the fact that booze stores are also few km away ,having no friends or people to hangout with ,no damn roads to go to places and no internet connection for up until now ...yeah great place! its a prison with no walls ...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
09.10.2013 - 01:10
wrathchild
Staff
Written by angel. on 07.10.2013 at 11:58

I can't get it why say it's wrong,and do you mean this is a kind of a legitimization ? or it's just an unwritten one among people ?

There is an actual law that says you can't reach a certain level of decibels (unless you have a written authorization) but there is no time restriction for this law while most people assume it matters only at night. So the police can be sent to ask you to step the volume down at any time of the day (happened to a friend rehearsing with his band in a garden shed poorly soundproofed).
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
09.10.2013 - 06:01
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
I open the door and as we are talking over the matter like civilized people the person explodes into spores and it turns out it's that alien from the end of Dreamcatcher the whole time.
----
Coldgrits
09.10.2013 - 07:58
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 09.10.2013 at 00:59

the fact that booze stores are also few km away ,having no friends or people to hangout with ,no damn roads to go to places and no internet connection for up until now ...yeah great place! its a prison with no walls ...

for me prison is the city I'm living, you're comparing your place with prison having no walls... No prison can be without walls,the walls make the prison,and no prison let you see the sky to walk around in nature, breath, eat , wear, talk and totally live as you will, anyway what you described is pretty an ideal place. I know I haven't experienced it in real, but I REALLY I wish I had no people around until 1km, I need the nature to hangout.
----
The Fangirl.