Metal Storm logo
Ayreon - Unveil New Album Preview

And so the time has come for Ayreon fans to discover what the long-awaited The Theory Of Everything album will sound like. Arjen Lucassen, in fact, just posted a YouTube video of the official album trailer, which you can enjoy below. The album will be released on October 28th via Inside Out, and will feature many guest artists, that you can read all about here. Take it all in.

So, what do you think about these first snippets of music? All other details about the conceptual double album can be found here.

Source: insideoutmusic.com
Band profile: Ayreon
Posted: 08.10.2013 by R Lewis

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 50   Visited by: 243 users
10.10.2013 - 03:32
Opethian

Written by Daniell on 09.10.2013 at 22:30

Written by Opethian on 09.10.2013 at 19:42

I love how Trolls automatically flocked this topic. I already have my pre order and i cant fucking wait for this! Arjen never fails!

Because someone has a different opinion, you automatically call them a troll? Or maybe this thread allows only praise and some of us contaminate it with criticism and you oppose that vehemently? Get a fucking life. Or read my other posts about Ayreon.

To come on here and BASH Arjen is straight up fucking Trolling. This artist is 120% dedicated to his Music and fans. I know for some it must be hard to grasp the fact that he doesn't dumb down his music for the masses and still have the balls to call himself original. It's simple, you don't like it ... Fuck off! In the end none of this matters and Artist will get their music out whether you and i like it or not
10.10.2013 - 05:00
SoUnDs LiKe PoP

Written by Opethian on 09.10.2013 at 19:51

Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 09.10.2013 at 19:25

Written by Unhealer on 08.10.2013 at 17:16

I didn't like "01011001" at all, but I have the feeling this might be even better than The Human Equation.

That would make it literally one of the greatest albums of all time... any genre.

Also, I LOVE what a down to earth and friendly person Arjen seems to be. He is so involved and passionate about his work, his guests, and his fans. True class act!

EDIT - Also, sad to see that, as usual, a few people have to show up just for the purpose of talking sh** on the artist, ha. The metal community is so self destructive.

Thats MS for you I personally do not care for acts like Megadeth or Suicide Silence (To name a couple) but i don't flock every news update and trash the groups. Everyone has his or her own taste in music. There are those individuals who find it hard to respect others The Artist is touring the world and doing what these 'Trolls' will never experience from behind their Computer screen

Yeah. There are a few select users who, like f*ckin' clockwork, will show up on the newsfeed of any and every popular metal band just to vent their hatred. It's unfortunate, but I suppose some people have nothing better to do. It's just sad because, again, it's self-destructive to metalheads. It'd be nice if we could all at least respect different genres and bands within metal. I HAVE A METAL DREAM.

@Daniell: For what it's worth, I thought your comments were absolutely fine. I even agree with you somewhat on Ayreon's last album.
----
I lift weights and listen to metal
10.10.2013 - 13:57
Lethrokai

Written by Daniell on 09.10.2013 at 22:29

Written by Lethrokai on 09.10.2013 at 21:14

Honestly, I could say that Arjen is one of the most humble artists in the industry by far, as well as being one of the most dedicated to his fanbase. Even his FB/Twitter pages are completely personal and run by him, and he always enjoys idle chit-chat and music discussion with his fans. I actually remember the time when he and I got into talking about our mutual love for Thick As A Brick. Good times...

I agree with you. The guy is very likable and nice. I have absolutely nothing against him as a person. I also said that I love some of his music, especially Into The Electric Castle and The Universal Migrator (simply brilliant) . But he suffers from lack of moderation. He records those loooong albums that would be much better if he cut their length in half. Take his latest solo album. Almost 2 hours, and at least 1 hour is completely forgettable. Sometimes less is more. Someone needs to tell him that.

I'm still yet to properly listen to "Lost In The New Real," so I can't really comment about that album in particular, but I actually enjoy the length of his albums. Especially in the case of Ayreon, where it gives each singer and instrument enough time in the spotlight, while also developing on characters and story. However I will admit that it can get a bit wearing on some of his less diverse projects, such as Star One, for example.

Even then though, I can still get where you're coming from, even if I personally disagree on the most part. I just see it as more time to fit in more great music.
----
Sometimes you just need to roll the dice and look away.
10.10.2013 - 15:52
Daniell
_爱情_
Written by Opethian on 10.10.2013 at 03:32

To come on here and BASH Arjen is straight up fucking Trolling.

Because we're only allowed to praise him? Thank you very much for your lesson in North Korean democracy.
10.10.2013 - 15:55
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
I only bash Arjen's music as a solo artist. When he was part of Bodine and Vengeance I enjoyed his music loads more and found it a lot better than what he does now.
And I only bash his music not the person himself. Arjen is a really nice guy as is Ed Warby and both know what I think of Ayreon and such. I have no problem bashing the music to their faces. At least they don't go and cry and start shouting troll when I tell them what I think of Ayreon etc,
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

10.10.2013 - 23:11
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Quote:
Quote:

No, it's called freedom of speech
11.10.2013 - 06:34
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Quote:
Quote:
Written by Guest on 10.10.2013 at 23:11

There's a difference?
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
11.10.2013 - 13:33
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Quote:
Quote:
Written by M C Vice on 11.10.2013 at 06:34

Written by Guest on 10.10.2013 at 23:11

There's a difference?

I surely hope so
11.10.2013 - 22:30
Opethian

Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 10.10.2013 at 05:00

Written by Opethian on 09.10.2013 at 19:51

Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 09.10.2013 at 19:25

Written by Unhealer on 08.10.2013 at 17:16

I didn't like "01011001" at all, but I have the feeling this might be even better than The Human Equation.

That would make it literally one of the greatest albums of all time... any genre.

Also, I LOVE what a down to earth and friendly person Arjen seems to be. He is so involved and passionate about his work, his guests, and his fans. True class act!

EDIT - Also, sad to see that, as usual, a few people have to show up just for the purpose of talking sh** on the artist, ha. The metal community is so self destructive.

Thats MS for you I personally do not care for acts like Megadeth or Suicide Silence (To name a couple) but i don't flock every news update and trash the groups. Everyone has his or her own taste in music. There are those individuals who find it hard to respect others The Artist is touring the world and doing what these 'Trolls' will never experience from behind their Computer screen

Yeah. There are a few select users who, like f*ckin' clockwork, will show up on the newsfeed of any and every popular metal band just to vent their hatred. It's unfortunate, but I suppose some people have nothing better to do. It's just sad because, again, it's self-destructive to metalheads. It'd be nice if we could all at least respect different genres and bands within metal. I HAVE A METAL DREAM.

@Daniell: For what it's worth, I thought your comments were absolutely fine. I even agree with you somewhat on Ayreon's last album.

Thank you! Nice to know that not everyone on here live in the past 'Ugh i liked his Material back in the 80's' .... Fuck-Tards
19.10.2013 - 01:55
Daniell
_爱情_
Written by Opethian on 11.10.2013 at 22:30

Thank you! Nice to know that not everyone on here live in the past 'Ugh i liked his Material back in the 80's' .... Fuck-Tards

You are the biggest retard in this thread. Because you're unable to accept other people's opinions.
20.10.2013 - 13:55
R Lewis

Written by Lethrokai on 09.10.2013 at 21:14

Honestly, I could say that Arjen is one of the most humble artists in the industry by far, as well as being one of the most dedicated to his fanbase. Even his FB/Twitter pages are completely personal and run by him, and he always enjoys idle chit-chat and music discussion with his fans. I actually remember the time when he and I got into talking about our mutual love for Thick As A Brick. Good times...

Totally agree. A few days ago we had a chat about his solo works, the fact tht TToE had already leaked, and similar stuff. A GREAT guy.
Btw, give Lost In The New Real some spins. It's not metal, but it's awesome in its spacey-prog rock feeling.
----
We could be so much more than we are. Stop.
21.10.2013 - 22:52
Opethian

Written by Daniell on 19.10.2013 at 01:55

Written by Opethian on 11.10.2013 at 22:30

You are the biggest retard in this thread. Because you're unable to accept other people's opinions.

Im done responding to this thread .... retard
21.10.2013 - 23:42
Daniell
_爱情_
Written by Opethian on 21.10.2013 at 22:52

No you're not done. You're like that cretin Vonpire, you never let go.
22.10.2013 - 05:49
Lethrokai

Written by Daniell on 21.10.2013 at 23:42

Written by Opethian on 21.10.2013 at 22:52

No you're not done. You're like that cretin Vonpire, you never let go.

Can both of you guys just stop. It doesn't take a brain salad surgeon to see how quickly this conversation has devolved. Let's just agree that you'll both think of each other as complete retards when, in fact, you're both not and just have different opinions.
----
22.10.2013 - 13:58
Daniell
_爱情_
Written by Lethrokai on 22.10.2013 at 05:49

Can both of you guys just stop. It doesn't take a brain salad surgeon to see how quickly this conversation has devolved. Let's just agree that you'll both think of each other as complete retards when, in fact, you're both not and just have different opinions.

If you read the thread closely you will see that it wasn't me who started this shit. I merely opposed attempts to limit this thread to praise only. Then I was (indirectly) called troll and fucktard. Only because I don't suck Arjen's cock.
22.10.2013 - 15:13
Lethrokai

Written by Daniell on 22.10.2013 at 13:58

If you read the thread closely you will see that it wasn't me who started this shit. I merely opposed attempts to limit this thread to praise only. Then I was (indirectly) called troll and fucktard. Only because I don't suck Arjen's cock.

Ok then. Feel how you will about Arjen and his music. If someone else thinks differently of you because of it, then don't mind them. You stood up for yourself, and that's fine. However I just feel it's time to let it go.
----
22.10.2013 - 16:02
Daniell
_爱情_
Written by Lethrokai on 22.10.2013 at 15:13

Ok then. Feel how you will about Arjen and his music. If someone else thinks differently of you because of it, then don't mind them. You stood up for yourself, and that's fine. However I just feel it's time to let it go.

I agree, so let me get back on topic. I know Ayreon's music isn't to be judged after one listen. After all, I came to love "The Universal Migrator" after repeated listens. Knowing all that, I keep going back to the new album and still can't kindle any kind of warm feelings for it. It's, simply put, too similar to older releases, basically, it's the last 3 albums put together.
22.10.2013 - 16:21
Lethrokai

Written by Daniell on 22.10.2013 at 16:02

Written by Lethrokai on 22.10.2013 at 15:13

I agree, so let me get back on topic. I know Ayreon's music isn't to be judged after one listen. After all, I came to love "The Universal Migrator" after repeated listens. Knowing all that, I keep going back to the new album and still can't kindle any kind of warm feelings for it. It's, simply put, too similar to older releases, basically, it's the last 3 albums put together.

Eh, I guess that's understandable. One of the reasons I liked it so much was because I felt that Arjen had taken all the best elements from his top 3 albums and combined them into one. It definitely has (what I guess I can call) the signature Ayreon sound running through it. However, what made this album stand out for me was that it just seemed like it had so much more effort put into it, both on Arjen's behalf with composing and orchestration, as well as the singers, who blew me away with this album. I'm thinking of doing a review of it, so as to explain my reasoning in better detail, but I'm afraid that people will call me biased. However, I really do feel that this album was THAT good.
----
23.10.2013 - 13:03
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish

It doesn't take a brain salad surgeon to see how quickly this conversation has devolved.

I see what you did there. Well played.
23.10.2013 - 14:46
Lethrokai

Written by Azarath on 23.10.2013 at 13:03

It doesn't take a brain salad surgeon to see how quickly this conversation has devolved.

I see what you did there. Well played.

I try my hardest.
----

Hits total: 3972 | This month: 7