Metal Storm logo
Amaranthe - Andreas Solveström Steps Down, Replacement Announced

The Swedes Amaranthe are going through a line-up change. The band just announced that Andreas Solveström has chosen to step down as the growl vocalist in Amaranthe. His reasons are personal and the split is amicable and friendly, and not the result of any hard feelings. And since the band is not planning to slow down, they have welcomed a new member: Henrik Englund Wilhelmsson ( Scarpoint), who filled in for Andy on their latest European and American tour.

The band says: "Andy has been a brother through the last two and a half years of craziness since the release of our debut album, and he will always be a central part to the Amaranthe family - not to mention a fantastic screamer indeed. We wish him all the best possible luck with his future endeavors."

Commented Andy: "Time travels fast. There is so much in life to explore and time has come for me to move on and see what more is out there for me. We've been through a lot the last five years, had our ups and downs, travelling the world back and forth, playing arena shows, doing tons and tons of gigs, gotten gold records and all this in just two albums. Totally amazing, and I'm really glad and humble to have had the chance to experience all this. Now when I choose to move on I want to take the opportunity to thank the guys in the band for all the good times and all the memories. And of course all the fans out there. You are, and always will be, in my heart. Hope to see you guys out there again in a not to distant future."

Source: amaranthe.se
Band profile: Amaranthe
Posted: 18.10.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 92 users
18.10.2013 - 22:02
Ena

No, Andy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why?!?!
I would have loved to see Amaranthe with him again since he was not with them on tour in Pratteln this year...
I mean...Henrik did an amazing job with the growls that night and I think he is the perfect man to follow into Andys footstep but...
18.10.2013 - 22:06
Byners

Well... That's some bad news...
----
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost..."
19.10.2013 - 09:42
SoUnDs LiKe PoP

Interesting. It's going to be weird to hear someone else's growls in their future songs, Andy's growls were a big part of Amaranthe''s sound.
----
I lift weights and listen to metal

Hits total: 5671 | This month: 11