Metal Storm logo
Favorite Queensryche Albums

Created by: ManiacBlasphemer | 08.06.2013

Disclaimer: All top lists are unofficial and do not represent the point of view of the MS Staff.
[ More lists by ManiacBlasphemer ]

Comments

‹‹ Back to Lists
Comments: 6   Visited by: 33 users
19.10.2013 - 01:57
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
What did you think of the Toddryche and Tateryche albums? Or do those not count? Good list regardless.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
19.10.2013 - 12:00
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Written by CobiWan1993 on 19.10.2013 at 01:57

What did you think of the Toddryche and Tateryche albums? Or do those not count? Good list regardless.

If you look at the list, you will see that Tateryche albums are at the top. Whether we like it or not, with Tate, Queensryche reached the top with albums such as Opeation: Mindcrime I and Empire. Also, lets not disregard the first two and Promised Land.

Ever since Hear In The Now Frontier I just could not listen to them anymore though. While I did like some songs from Tribe and American Soldier, I heavily despised the other works. Queensryche with Todd sounds good, but you know, they will not be able to make another album that could at least grasp the atmosphere and quality of Empire. For me, the new one sounds like the radio-friendly Promised Land. It is a good album, eons ahead of DTC, but still, the music is moving forward and I ain't that keen on the whole 'reviving the past' thing. While I did not like the direction Queensryche took after Promised Land, I expected them to at least move forward, not backwards. Anyway, this one is much better than FU as well, so I guess removing Tate was a good idea in the end.

IMO, Queensryche, if they keep up with this direction, they will only released average to good albums, but thats it. Compared to Fates Warning or Dream Theater, their latest opus is lacking. I think the band has died long ago... and I doubt that Tate was the reason for all the problems.
19.10.2013 - 20:02
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
Written by ManiacBlasphemer on 19.10.2013 at 12:00

If you look at the list, you will see that Tateryche albums are at the top. Whether we like it or not, with Tate, Queensryche reached the top with albums such as Opeation: Mindcrime I and Empire. Also, lets not disregard the first two and Promised Land.

Ever since Hear In The Now Frontier I just could not listen to them anymore though. While I did like some songs from Tribe and American Soldier, I heavily despised the other works. Queensryche with Todd sounds good, but you know, they will not be able to make another album that could at least grasp the atmosphere and quality of Empire. For me, the new one sounds like the radio-friendly Promised Land. It is a good album, eons ahead of DTC, but still, the music is moving forward and I ain't that keen on the whole 'reviving the past' thing. While I did not like the direction Queensryche took after Promised Land, I expected them to at least move forward, not backwards. Anyway, this one is much better than FU as well, so I guess removing Tate was a good idea in the end.

IMO, Queensryche, if they keep up with this direction, they will only released average to good albums, but thats it. Compared to Fates Warning or Dream Theater, their latest opus is lacking. I think the band has died long ago... and I doubt that Tate was the reason for all the problems.

Well, I have no problem with Tate being on those early works since he truly was the best of the vocalists back in his prime. When I was referring to Tateryche, I meant present day Tate and his band of hooligans that put out FU, nothing to do with the classic works with the original band at all. I was just curious about what you thought of the two albums that came out this year. But ok, I'll just say those two don't count for the list.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
19.10.2013 - 20:38
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Good list, my only difference is that I would put Q2K after HITNF.
20.10.2013 - 15:52
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Written by CobiWan1993 on 19.10.2013 at 20:02

Written by ManiacBlasphemer on 19.10.2013 at 12:00

Well, I have no problem with Tate being on those early works since he truly was the best of the vocalists back in his prime. When I was referring to Tateryche, I meant present day Tate and his band of hooligans that put out FU, nothing to do with the classic works with the original band at all. I was just curious about what you thought of the two albums that came out this year. But ok, I'll just say those two don't count for the list.

FU was an abomination, no doubt, it was like the logic continuation of DTA which couldn't be good. Tate is dead as an artist, now he only releases material to earn some cash. I admire him for his works with Queensryche in the 80s and early 90s, but no. Ever since HITNF, shit has gone bad and the latest album from Toddryche proves that he was the weak link inside the band.

Written by Guest on 19.10.2013 at 20:38

Well, depends on tastes, but the real let down for me was Q2K, HITNF still has 2-3 songs that I liked but from Q2K I depised everything.
20.10.2013 - 15:59
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Quote:
Written by Guest on 19.10.2013 at 20:38

Well, depends on tastes, but the real let down for me was Q2K, HITNF still has 2-3 songs that I liked but from Q2K I depised everything.

obviously, it's all a matter of taste; I disliked OM2 and their covers album, but there are people who liked those.
I thought Q2K was alright.
Nice to see Tribe getting some appreciation, I quite liked it.

Hits total: 1726 | This month: 5