Metal Storm logo
Dethklok - To Premiere Metalocalypse Rock Opera, Stream Song

The animated metal band Dethklok's mastermind Brendan Small has announced a new Metalocalypse rock opera that will continue where season 4 left off. Metalocalypse: The Doomstar Requiem A Klok Opera will air at midnight ET on the 27th of October on Adult Swim. The opera's full-length soundtrack will be available on the 29th of October and will contain an exclusive bonus track called" Blazing Star", which you can listen to here.

A teaser trailer of the opera is available below as well while the first 5 minutes of the hour long special are located here.

Players on the soundtrack also include drummer Gene Hoglan, bassist Bryan Beller from Joe Satriani's band and guitarist Mike Keneally, who has performed with both Joe Satriani and Frank Zappa.

Brendan Small said: "This is not like anything we've ever done. This is a full blown musical ? metal combined with symphonic passages, classic musical theatre, high stakes drama, emotional moments, and yes totally ridiculous comedy. I drew from all of my influences to make this the most unique project I could dream of. This is easily the best thing we've ever done with the show and the music. I can't wait for you to hear it."

Metalocalypse: The Doomstar Requiem A Klok Opera, the animated one-hour special Dethklok opera, features a 50-piece orchestra and special guests Jack Black, Star Wars' Mark Hamill, Malcolm McDowell and George 'Corpsegrinder' Fisher of Cannibal Corpse.

Source: loudwire.com
Band profile: Dethklok
Posted: 22.10.2013 by White Death

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 75 users
23.10.2013 - 00:21
BaneConall
Fart Enthusiast
This is a really cool idea. But from the sounds of the first 5 minutes, it wasn't done very well.
23.10.2013 - 02:37
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Uuuuuugh please stop.
----
Coldgrits
23.10.2013 - 04:15
Machiavelli
Account deleted
Dethklok is getting too big... they now have a full orchestra... death knell for any metal band.
23.10.2013 - 08:54
Dylan

Sounds cool, i guess. Dethklok are alright to listen to for a bit of fun.
24.10.2013 - 00:40
LICH

Written by Guest on 23.10.2013 at 04:15

Dethklok is getting too big... they now have a full orchestra... death knell for any metal band.

just because a band use orchestration doesn't necessarily mean their shit, i actually like when bands add in symphonic elements, it gives it a new edge to the sound.
24.10.2013 - 03:15
Machiavelli
Account deleted
Written by LICH on 24.10.2013 at 00:40

Written by Guest on 23.10.2013 at 04:15

just because a band use orchestration doesn't necessarily mean their shit, i actually like when bands add in symphonic elements, it gives it a new edge to the sound.

If I want to hear an orchestra I'll go see the symphony... too many elements from symphonic metal wash out the attack of the instruments and edge... I rarely enjoy it which is why I usually prefer bands without keyboards.
24.10.2013 - 21:37
LICH

I think its quite inventive and clever really, keyboards have always been touch and go, but i for one enjoy them on most parts

Hits total: 3445 | This month: 5