Metal Storm logo
A Forest Of Stars - Recording New Album

Prepare yourself because black metal crazies A Forest Of Stars have started recording their new album. In fact, the recordings for the successor of A Shadowplay For Yesterdays (2012) started today. Will they top A Shadowplay For Yesterdays? After all, it was considered the best black metal album on Metal Storm Awards 2012.

The band updated: "Greetings! This morning we re-enter the Trans-Dimensional Multi-Studio to start recording our new album. Hopefully we shall claw our way out sometime in January, bleary-eyed, malnourished and unshaven (well, expect Katheryne, who's a ghost, Mr Kettleburner, who's a reanimated corpse and Mr Bishop, who's too young to shave yet). Or we may just remain trapped in that feverish, hellish dimension of Sonic Baffling forever and ever..."

[Thanks to !J.O.O.E.! for the tip!]

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: A Forest Of Stars
Posted: 25.10.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 79 users
25.10.2013 - 17:15
Spacerunner
What wonderful news! Their last one was nothing else but amazing piece of art. I wish they do something special again.
25.10.2013 - 17:27
CyberSymphony
Ollie
Really enjoyed their last album, I would love a more avant-garde style album and keeping the psychedelic elements.
25.10.2013 - 17:32
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Elite
Amazing that they just keep cranking out all these excellent releases at an only 2 year pace. I'd love to see the band try to go for something of a fusion between the debut and Shadowplay. I loved the more folklorish and orchestral nature of the latter, but I'm still missing some of those darker, more haunting moments from The Corpse Of Rebirth. Hopefully they get a little back into that sound with this one.
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
25.10.2013 - 17:48
Zap
Written by Auntie Sahar on 25.10.2013 at 17:32

Amazing that they just keep cranking out all these excellent releases at an only 2 year pace. I'd love to see the band try to go for something of a fusion between the debut and Shadowplay. I loved the more folklorish and orchestral nature of the latter, but I'm still missing some of those darker, more haunting moments from The Corpse Of Rebirth. Hopefully they get a little back into that sound with this one.

I'd like to see that fusion too, but I'd also like a continuation of the Shadowplay stuff. So basically I want them to release a double CD where they take both a step forward and one backward.
25.10.2013 - 20:45
Draugen
Fantastic news!

I'm sure they won't disappoint seeing as all their previous albums have been amazing.
25.10.2013 - 21:50
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Excellent
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

26.10.2013 - 08:27
blackmamba
These guys are incredible. Can't wait.
27.10.2013 - 23:40
Czerny Reiter
Excellent news. Their last album really got me hooked onto their style. Hope a continuation of that is on the slate since I wasn't so fond of 'Opportunistic Thieves".

Hits total: 2433 | This month: 6