Metal Storm logo
To the Dream Plateau of Hideous Revelation

28.10.2013 - 00:48
aurora australis

Experimental Black Death artists ESOTERICA and ÆVANGELIST deliver "To the Dream Plateau of Hideous Revelation", a mixture of chaotic noise and haunting despair, and features art by Prof. Ralph Stewart of the Art Institute of Philadelphia.
ESOTERICA, who rose from the ashes of Chaos Moon (Black Metal / Funeral Doom), contribute three chaotic tracks of experimental Black Metal noise including a guest appearance by MkM of Antaeus / Aosoth on "Abstraction Vial".
The band released "A Home for Rats" demo with Fall ov Natvre earlier this year and have just released their debut album "Aseity" with Forever Plagued.
Spawned in Florida by Matron Thorn (of Benighted In Sodom) and Ascaris (of Venowl), ÆVANGELIST produce a unique strain of sinister Death Metal comparable to bands like Portal, Mitochondrion or Vasaeleth. Their offering "Omniquity" is a 22 minute+ track, that put simply, is "total war" on the senses.

Often violent and disturbing it works like a hallucinogen forcing the listener to bear the weight of the many layers of electronic black noise that are inflicted. Even with the performances great length its influence will hold you like the exorcism of some demon, or the unwanted possession of which. There are no pleasant melodies or riffs here, just DEATH and despair.

ÆVANGELIST has recently finished its second album "Omen Ex Simulacra" which will be released through Debemur Morti later in 2013

http://www.aurora-australis.com.au/releases/AAR_012.htm
$15 AUD, posted anywhere for $2.60
28.10.2013 - 07:57
mz

I like the aevangelist side very much but I don't know what's the point of making a topic in extreme metal forum for this split to be honest and I think that you have done this before for other albums too. You could post this interesting information in the album page easily.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.