Metal Storm logo
Official Lyric Videos Allowed

31.10.2013 - 17:18
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Ok people, you bitched about it, we contemplated about it, and now we're going to allow them...official lyric videos are now permitted to be added.

BUT, THEY MUST BE OFFICIAL! When you add them, the link(s) you are using MUST come directly from the band, or their label. This will ensure there is no confusion about whether the video is official, or just a really good home-made lyric video. Absolutely NO home-made lyric videos allowed, regardless of how good you think they look, they are not permitted under ANY circumstances.

Seriously though, ONLY OFFICIAL LYRIC VIDEOS ARE PERMITTED!

If you are caught adding unofficial lyric videos to the database, I will remove your editing permissions for as long as I feel necessary to teach you the lesson.

All lyric videos must be labelled similar to [Split] albums, by including [Lyric Video] at the end of the title.

Good luck, and happy adding!
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

31.10.2013 - 20:41
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Where we can ad them? under ordinary videos?
who can add those, accept pendng eddits?
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
31.10.2013 - 21:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 31.10.2013 at 21:25

Written by Bad English on 31.10.2013 at 20:41

Where we can ad them? under ordinary videos?
who can add those, accept pendng eddits?

same, same, same, same (...way as before this).

It will make a mess IMO, then when guy or girl edds lyrical videoi
it must be
Song title(Lyrical video)
----

apos;'
[image]
01.11.2013 - 02:32
R Lewis
----
We could be so much more than we are. Stop.
01.11.2013 - 18:30
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Ah yes, I forgot to include that. Lyric videos should be labelled similar to how we do splits, [Lyric video].

Edit: OP has been updated.
----

01.11.2013 - 19:17
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by Guest on 01.11.2013 at 19:02

We have used [Working Title] (both letters capitalized), so should it be [Lyric Video] ?

Or should the working title be [Working title] onwards from now...

Or is this just a problem only I can have?

Urm...didn't really think about it honestly. Did some YouTube searching, and it seems the norm there is [Lyric Video] (they use parenthesis obviously, but around here we use brackets for such things ), so we will also use that as well, just for uniformity sake between that and the apparently already established [Working Title].
----

01.11.2013 - 19:21
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by Guest on 31.10.2013 at 19:56

Is there any limit for how much there can be marketing?

For instance, how much marketing can you add to that video before it gets ridiculous?

It may be ridiculous, and shameless, marketing, but it's still an official lyric video from the label. I guess they needed to fill the instrumental void with something, so what better than a lil marketing. And besides, lyric videos are all about marketing/promoting, some labels just like to throw in a little advertising while they're at it. No harm, no foul imo.
----

01.11.2013 - 19:43
Neroese
Account deleted
TBA albums are not supported, so why does the 'Official Lyrics Video' are?
01.11.2013 - 20:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 01.11.2013 at 19:43

TBA albums are not supported, so why does the 'Official Lyrics Video' are?

Because official lyrical video is already here,. TBA you never know when band will relise it, there was a tread bout it and Psyko explain why there
TBA , it means you never know if band exver will realise it or not and there was many TBA like 2009 and at 2013 album was not out so
----

apos;'
[image]
01.11.2013 - 20:32
Neroese
Account deleted
Anyway - I don't think that Official Lyr. Vids should be here. Yep, they're 'straight' from band, and it's only difference between it and fanmade videos. It's usually album cover as background and some animated letters moving. Nothing special and worth 'Video of The Year Award'.
01.11.2013 - 20:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 01.11.2013 at 20:32

Anyway - I don't think that Official Lyr. Vids should be here. Yep, they're 'straight' from band, and it's only difference between it and fanmade videos. It's usually album cover as background and some animated letters moving. Nothing special and worth 'Video of The Year Award'.

Some how I agree, but somehow into future lyrical videos, might take over official prom videos, prom videos are expenice, cost, lyrical, each band at home can made it and since TV dont broadcast such videos, now all is over net so
----

apos;'
[image]
01.11.2013 - 21:00
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite

Doesn't change the fact that they are official, and becoming even more common than actual music videos. And no, lyric videos will not be allowed in the MSAs for that very reason. They will be here purely for promotional purposes, and to make it easy for users to find promo material for bands they like or are interested in checking out.
----

01.11.2013 - 21:04
Neroese
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 01.11.2013 at 20:37

Some how I agree, but somehow into future lyrical videos, might take over official prom videos, prom videos are expenice, cost, lyrical, each band at home can made it and since TV dont broadcast such videos, now all is over net so

As far as I know more and more videos are made in this way (I mean, by band in home). I don't say that lyrics videos are useless - they need to be on f.ex. YT, Vimeo, Dailymotion etc. but I don't see a point that they're need to be here. Special bookmark should be made for this kind of videos IMO.
01.11.2013 - 21:14
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
BTW is there any lyrical video eddet already?
----

apos;'
[image]
01.11.2013 - 22:23
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by Bad English on 01.11.2013 at 21:14

What do you mean?
----

01.11.2013 - 22:27
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by Guest on 01.11.2013 at 21:04

Special bookmark should be made for this kind of videos IMO.

No need for a special area for these. But they are required to be marked as lyric videos. Ex: http://metalstorm.net/bands/videos.php?band_id=4725

(Ideally there should be a screen shot/image included, but for quickness sake I didn't take the time to add one just yet. Will do so shortly.)
----

01.11.2013 - 22:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by psykometal on 01.11.2013 at 22:23

Written by Bad English on 01.11.2013 at 21:14

What do you mean?

someone has add any l video at ms datebase? no pending so far
----

apos;'
[image]
01.11.2013 - 23:48
R Lewis
Written by Bad English on 01.11.2013 at 22:37

someone has add any l video at ms datebase? no pending so far

The last one here
----
02.11.2013 - 10:28
Neroese
Account deleted
I'm still not convinced about it.
02.11.2013 - 12:28
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Nice, you cleared the air. Even I've received number of pm's regarding adding of official lyric video earlier. I strongly feel that there shouldn't be any issue adding of official lyric video and fan base one 'cause on YouTube(majority are added from there) you can clearly see uploaders' name.
02.11.2013 - 12:48
R Lewis
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 02.11.2013 at 12:28

Nice, you cleared the air. Even I've received number of pm's regarding adding of official lyric video earlier. I strongly feel that there shouldn't be any issue adding of official lyric video and fan base one 'cause on YouTube(majority are added from there) you can clearly see uploaders' name.

Agreed. They're clearly recognizable.
----