Metal Storm logo
The Holiday Shopping Thread v2013

11.11.2013 - 18:42
Mercyful_Kate

If you do holiday shopping around this time of year, discuss what gifts you're picking up for your families/friends/significant others. Also, post pictures of wierdies at the mall.

I'm torn up about whether to get my boyfriend this supercool Lego set:http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-10240-X-Wing-Starfighter-Building/dp/B00COM5ZNE/ref=sr_1_17?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1384187868&sr=1-17&keywords=lego

or this pea coat http://www.amazon.com/Alpha-Industries-Mens-Black-X-Small/dp/B003ZTR2G8/ref=sr_1_2?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1384188078&sr=1-2&keywords=alpha+industries

or just some more records. HELP!
11.11.2013 - 19:49
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I will do xmass shopping in next 2 weeks, between 25 nov till 5 dec , to avoid a stress and nothing much, money saving , I am not in mood spend a lkots of cash for familly I need beer and whisky to my self sometimes, and other thinks and I will not loan money to buy gifts so I will include in one months spendings
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
15.11.2013 - 01:00
FOOCK Nam

I dont have or need/want to gifting to anybody for Xmas, but i have one trick, just lightly provoke in a talking or watching way for to know what your favorite ones desirable things they are wanting now then buy it for them Xmas,...then you will win their heart...
15.11.2013 - 04:03
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Mercyful_Kate on 11.11.2013 at 18:42

If you do holiday shopping around this time of year, discuss what gifts you're picking up for your families/friends/significant others. Also, post pictures of wierdies at the mall.

I'm torn up about whether to get my boyfriend this supercool Lego set:http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-10240-X-Wing-Starfighter-Building/dp/B00COM5ZNE/ref=sr_1_17?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1384187868&sr=1-17&keywords=lego

or this pea coat http://www.amazon.com/Alpha-Industries-Mens-Black-X-Small/dp/B003ZTR2G8/ref=sr_1_2?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1384188078&sr=1-2&keywords=alpha+industries

or just some more records. HELP!

that's not a choice... DO NOT GET HIM THE PEA COAT. Men hate getting clothes for Christmas or Sinterklaas, or whatever it is called and whenever it is celebrated.
SO either the lego set of records he really wants.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.11.2013 - 09:40
no one
Account deleted
Not buying any presents...well maybe something small for gran

I'm so satanic and trv i don't even celebrate Jesus birthday
15.11.2013 - 09:54
angel.
Evil Butterfly
What ? Christmas ?! and shopping for it ?! , too mainstream of you headbangers

Anyhow I certainly suggest you to get the lego or set of records, even in other anniversaries and celebrations preferably don't try to buy him clothes
----
The Fangirl.
15.11.2013 - 10:31
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule

HELP!

LEGO!!!! No one can say no to Lego!
Getting clothes is usually never a great idea unless you know the person really really really well and exactly what they would wear. I'm guessing you do know this about your bf
But I'd still say give him Lego

No Christmas shopping for me, but A LOT of eating I suppose. I do want to pick up a Diabolo, but it's not readily available here in India, I would need to ship it from the UK/US and shipping is to damn expensive.

I generally don't like Christmas too much, a lot of fake smiles, fake presents and fake love. I do love the food and wine though and just hanging out with friends and family.
Which I do when it's not Christmas as well
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
15.11.2013 - 10:53
no one
Account deleted
Written by Spirit Molecule on 15.11.2013 at 10:31

a lot of fake smiles, fake presents and fake love.

so true
15.11.2013 - 11:46
Mercyful_Kate

Written by Spirit Molecule on 15.11.2013 at 10:31

HELP!

LEGO!!!! No one can say no to Lego!
Getting clothes is usually never a great idea unless you know the person really really really well and exactly what they would wear. I'm guessing you do know this about your bf
But I'd still say give him Lego

No Christmas shopping for me, but A LOT of eating I suppose. I do want to pick up a Diabolo, but it's not readily available here in India, I would need to ship it from the UK/US and shipping is to damn expensive.

I generally don't like Christmas too much, a lot of fake smiles, fake presents and fake love. I do love the food and wine though and just hanging out with friends and family.
Which I do when it's not Christmas as well

I think that sometimes it can be fake, but like you, I just really enjoy being around my loved ones this time of year. I also think that gift exchanges can be fun. I also tend to go for more useless, yet fun gifts that you wouldn't typically just buy for someone any other time of year. Legos would fall into that category (they're also a good winter project).
15.11.2013 - 12:24
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 15.11.2013 at 09:40

Not buying any presents...well maybe something small for gran

I'm so satanic and trv i don't even celebrate Jesus birthday

buying giffts and eating all day long is not a way to celebrate it its morern capitalist way , bigger xmass, more you buy etc shit
----

apos;'
[image]
15.11.2013 - 14:54
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Written by Mercyful_Kate on 15.11.2013 at 11:46

I think that sometimes it can be fake, but like you, I just really enjoy being around my loved ones this time of year. I also think that gift exchanges can be fun. I also tend to go for more useless, yet fun gifts that you wouldn't typically just buy for someone any other time of year. Legos would fall into that category (they're also a good winter project).

Yeah, I think that's pretty much where the fun's at.
I don't really think you need an occasion to do it, but I get why people enjoy it.

Useless and fun gifts FTW!!
And Christmas is about being a child, so toys are perfect. Unfortunately baby jesus got really crappy gifts. I would have thrown a tantrum

You might find something interesting on here as well - Awesome Useless Shit

I'd suggest to get this for your bf Like a Boss
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
19.11.2013 - 03:50
Mattybu

Marcel is totally right about clothes, even though I have gotten clothes I wear and like a lot on Christmas. The reason being that I specifically ask for them (ex. a basketball jersey I got last year). The out of the blue clothes can be disastrous.

also I wish you would have named it the Christmas shopping thread, so I could say, OH LOOK ANOTHER CHRISTIAN TRYING TO SHOVE THEIR RELIGION DOWN MY THROAT, CAN'T WE JUST HAVE NON-DENOMINATIONAL THREAD THAT ISN'T FLAGRANTLY OFFENSIVE ? ? ? ?
19.11.2013 - 07:08
no one
Account deleted
Written by Mattybu on 19.11.2013 at 03:50

also I wish you would have named it the Christmas shopping thread, so I could say, OH LOOK ANOTHER CHRISTIAN TRYING TO SHOVE THEIR RELIGION DOWN MY THROAT, CAN'T WE JUST HAVE NON-DENOMINATIONAL THREAD THAT ISN'T FLAGRANTLY OFFENSIVE ? ? ? ?

don't lie, i know your glad to get a chance to talk about your wardrobe
20.11.2013 - 21:51
Mattybu

Hey man you know what. I could have said I got a totally SWAGGED out Denver Nuggets Alex English 1987-1988 hardwood classics Adidas Soul Swingman jersey.... but I didn't go there.
23.11.2013 - 20:18
no one
Account deleted
Buy this for your boyfriend Merciful, nice and christmasty but still metal

23.11.2013 - 20:26
no one
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 23.11.2013 at 20:21

The lego thing is cool, and I don't even like legos that much.

didn't even know people still played with lego to be honest
23.11.2013 - 20:56
FOOCK Nam

Written by Guest on 23.11.2013 at 20:26

Its for children imho
23.11.2013 - 20:59
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Half my list for christmas is clothing I don't know what you guys are talking about.

My list for my aunts and uncles etc (we make a list every year (all family members) and it gets divided out) contains mostly guitar stuff.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
23.11.2013 - 21:05
no one
Account deleted
Written by Boxcar Willy on 23.11.2013 at 20:59

My list for my aunts and uncles etc (we make a list every year (all family members) and it gets divided out)

screw that
23.11.2013 - 21:10
FOOCK Nam

Well becuz its for male receiver so i think there is no better than an christmas with couple hanging out from morning playing with snow shopping stuff depends on budget of course then eating lunch together until evening, imo in the evening you can hanging out with the crowd before midnight, with or without the crowd, then eating great dinner at luxury spot or home while watching tv waiting xmas, then sleep cuddling and having nice sex before next morning. Imo all guys wants nothing more than a good warm dinner then nice x then sleep next together before waking up. Lego or coach doest touch guys imo, if buying manly thing for men its better gifted from male friends. not too bad what i recommend to recieve..
23.11.2013 - 21:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
100% xmass shopping is done
Maybe booze to holyday but generally presents are done

I biught toiday rest remaoning in the Boden
----

apos;'
[image]
24.11.2013 - 17:46
Mercyful_Kate

Written by Guest on 23.11.2013 at 20:18

Buy this for your boyfriend Merciful, nice and christmasty but still metal

I actually looked into that. Those sweaters are awesome, and they'd be awesome conversation pieces, but I'd like to get him something he'll actually use.
24.11.2013 - 17:49
Mercyful_Kate

Written by FOOCK Nam on 23.11.2013 at 20:56

Written by Guest on 23.11.2013 at 20:26

Its for children imho

LEGO has some extremely intricate building sets. Since we live in Buffalo and spend a lot of time snowed in, those things are really fun to put together (especially when you're a complete dork).
24.11.2013 - 17:54
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Mercyful_Kate on 24.11.2013 at 17:49

LEGO has some extremely intricate building sets. Since we live in Buffalo and spend a lot of time snowed in, those things are really fun to put together (especially when you're a complete dork).

you have a snow less then we do
----

apos;'
[image]
24.11.2013 - 18:48
Mercyful_Kate

Sweden is colder, but we get just as much snow in Western New York.
24.11.2013 - 20:20
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Mercyful_Kate on 24.11.2013 at 18:48

Sweden is colder, but we get just as much snow in Western New York.

I dont think so , when I watch USA news seems you have bih chaos there when it snows and her ein the nord we have a lot of snow mormaly half meter and more, november april ,
----

apos;'
[image]
25.11.2013 - 03:28
Mercyful_Kate

Some places are like that, but in Buffalo and Syracuse, we get a lot of lake effect snow averaging around 300cm yearly.
25.11.2013 - 05:13
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Mercyful_Kate on 25.11.2013 at 03:28
Some places are like that, but in Buffalo and Syracuse, we get a lot of lake effect snow averaging around 300cm yearly.

I used to live just north of New York in Kingston, Ontario. We were right by Lake Ontario so the snow there accumulated the same way it does just south in the cities you mentioned. We just had our first major snowfall where I live now (just north of Toronto) a couple days ago, and it doesn't look like it's gonna melt any time soon.

I don't think it accounts for the same amount of snow I remember seeing in the winter I spent in Cold Lake, Alberta though. It seemed like every day they announced another half-foot of snow.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
25.11.2013 - 09:57
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Quote:
Written by Troy Killjoy on 25.11.2013 at 05:13

Written by Mercyful_Kate on 25.11.2013 at 03:28

I don't think it accounts for the same amount of snow I remember seeing in the winter I spent in Cold Lake, Alberta though. It seemed like every day they announced another half-foot of snow.

had our first major snowfall where I live now (just north of Toronto) a couple days ago, and it doesn't look like it's gonna melt any time soon.

Have you ever thought about having a snow in India?

Yes. We too had a fresh snow couple of days back in Kashmir(where I've been stationed for my work til 4th of July 2014). Speaking about melting of snow, here its snow pretty much "very thick" and makes loads of "snow mountains" here. So, I don't think it won't melt until next Aug 2014.

BTW, next month prolly I'll be coming to Canada for meeting with clients. It will be tiring journey back and fro.
26.11.2013 - 02:01
Mattybu

Have a fun time in Canada eh, if you come here in December it's gonna be a real cold one eh, most of us will just be staying in our igloos with our winterly stashes of moose meat and maple syrup.