Metal Storm logo
Porcupine Tree - New Album Title Revealed

This message about the upcoming Porcupine Tree has been posted on the official website:
"Roadrunner Records and Atlantic USA have officially announced the release of the new Porcupine Tree album "Fear of a Blank Planet" in mid April. The album features six (mostly lengthy) tracks, and is the band's most ambitious and cohesive work to date. Much of it was debuted last year on tour to a rapturous response from fans.

The lyrical content of the song-cycle on the album is a 21st century cocktail of MTV, sex, prescription drugs, video games, the internet, terminal boredom, and subsequent escape."

For upcoming details be sure to check out the official website, http://www.porcupinetree.com

Source: porcupinetree.com
Band profile: Porcupine Tree
Posted: 07.01.2007 by cradka

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 13   Visited by: 5 users
07.01.2007 - 14:54
Talvi

Whoa! Just 6 six songs! This will be a monster of an album!
----
My account on other musical pages:
http://www.last.fm/user/Pozito/
http://rateyourmusic.com/~Talvi
07.01.2007 - 15:25
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Interesting lyrical content and only 6 tracks, mm well Wilson is one of the best musicians on how to put good quality albums and music together. Should be a good listen.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
07.01.2007 - 19:22
WarriorOfMetal

based on what i saw from them on the tour this fall, this should be quite good.
07.01.2007 - 19:38
dancingdecember

im so confident in them.im sure it will be good
----
i'm super, thanks for asking
07.01.2007 - 22:31
Daru Jericho

Heard the new songs they debuted on their last tour. They're so much more heavier and there is an Opeth influence leaked into some of them.

Also, I swear 'Fear Of A Blank Planet' has been used somewhere else. I don't like the album title for a PT record ~ Doesn't fit, but that won't determine the music at all.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

08.01.2007 - 16:55
Ireth Alcarin
Account deleted
I can't wait for that! They seem to get better and better with each album. And I'm not afraid of experiments... It's hundred percent sure buy for me
08.01.2007 - 17:41
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
Written by Daru Jericho on 07.01.2007 at 22:31

Heard the new songs they debuted on their last tour. They're so much more heavier and there is an Opeth influence leaked into some of them.

Also, I swear 'Fear Of A Blank Planet' has been used somewhere else. I don't like the album title for a PT record ~ Doesn't fit, but that won't determine the music at all.

Which songs? I didn't think they played anything from the new record :O
09.01.2007 - 00:15
Daru Jericho

Written by Spyroid on 08.01.2007 at 17:41

Er...they divided the set into 2 halves and they said the first half was going to be new songs, including a really long one that clocked in at around 20mins. After that they took a break and played stuff from In Absentia and Deadwing somewhat exclusively as I remember. How can you not recall?!
----

09.01.2007 - 11:59
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
Written by Daru Jericho on 09.01.2007 at 00:15

Er...they divided the set into 2 halves and they said the first half was going to be new songs, including a really long one that clocked in at around 20mins. After that they took a break and played stuff from In Absentia and Deadwing somewhat exclusively as I remember. How can you not recall?!

They certainly didn't do that when I saw then, then the setlist was smiliar to the one on the Dvd. Though I reckon they played Mother and Child Divided.
09.01.2007 - 19:18
Daru Jericho

Written by Spyroid on 09.01.2007 at 11:59

They certainly didn't do that when I saw then, then the setlist was smiliar to the one on the Dvd. Though I reckon they played Mother and Child Divided.

When did you see them? I saw them in September when they were promoting the DVD but they didn't play 'Mother And Child Divided'.
----

09.01.2007 - 21:07
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
Written by Daru Jericho on 09.01.2007 at 19:18

Written by Spyroid on 09.01.2007 at 11:59

When did you see them? I saw them in September when they were promoting the DVD but they didn't play 'Mother And Child Divided'.

I saw them in June. Whatever, it doesn't matter ^^ anyway I can't wait for the new album
12.01.2007 - 00:09
Daru Jericho

Ah, that explains it lol.
----

13.01.2007 - 06:11
spirit_inblack
harshhead
Can't wait for the new album! Should be good cause of the longer song structure! Yay!

Hits total: 4741 | This month: 3