Metal Storm logo
Black Metal Battle

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 07.01.2007 - 19:16
I wanna know which band of these ones its the most loved.
It was really hard to me but I vote for Furze.
Furze its unique and awsome, in my opinion Trident Autocrat its one of the best black metal albuns ever.

Poll

The best band in this list is:

Nokturnal Mortum
Absu
Funeral Mist
Dødheimsgard
Behexen
Tsjuder
Furze
Hell Militia

Total votes: 98
13.09.2007 - 14:41
LivingCorpse
Account deleted
I haven't been listened Graveland, I read their lyrics, and I think I found some NS-ideology of them, but not straightforward as sometimes. Though, to me, they aren't those destructive and in my opinion stupid lyrics, which I hate most in NSBM. I hate, that there are only few NSBM-bands, who are doing really good black metal, and not only to shock people. Though, Satan doesn't shock anyone anymore. Thanks for recommending me, I hope I would find some new good bands.
13.09.2007 - 18:01
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 13.09.2007 at 14:41

I haven't been listened Graveland, I read their lyrics, and I think I found some NS-ideology of them, but not straightforward as sometimes. Though, to me, they aren't those destructive and in my opinion stupid lyrics, which I hate most in NSBM. I hate, that there are only few NSBM-bands, who are doing really good black metal, and not only to shock people. Though, Satan doesn't shock anyone anymore. Thanks for recommending me, I hope I would find some new good bands.

Graveland are lil slavic wers of Bathory and lil NSBM poetical verse of Nocturnal Mortum
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
13.09.2007 - 18:43
Sunioj
Looking at the votes, I think its weird how 1349 got so many votes, when Nokturnal Mortum easily ( imo ) beats them. I guess maybe they are more popular or something. Nechrist and To the Gates of Blasphemous Fire are just incredible and is the most original sounding to me.
13.09.2007 - 19:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Sunioj on 13.09.2007 at 18:43

Looking at the votes, I think its weird how 1349 got so many votes, when Nokturnal Mortum easily ( imo ) beats them. I guess maybe they are more popular or something. Nechrist and To the Gates of Blasphemous Fire are just incredible and is the most original sounding to me.

Me to I doubt how tahy get it IMO thay are o of Overated Norge BM bands
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
14.09.2007 - 18:25
Nemesis-Divina
Account deleted
Damn I am torn between Behexen and Nokturnal Mortum as they are quite experimental with what they do.
But I shall go for Behexen because I am hooked after listening to the track 'Sota Valon Jumalaa Vastaan'
15.09.2007 - 16:23
Mystic Ice
Account deleted
Tsjuder or Behexen....a close call for me.
16.09.2007 - 14:24
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
Funeral Mist!
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
24.02.2008 - 19:45
belisarius
for me it was a battle between dodheimsgard, funeral mist and 1349, but i went with dhg
----
I am a God in the deepest corner of my mind
26.02.2008 - 06:57
NOИ
I like all bands except from Absu and Furze. Dødheimsgard is going first because of the innovation in their music, second Funeral Mist because they are the best religious black metal band, third 1349 just because of the quality and good songs, Nokturnal Mortum even if they are NSBM and I dont agree with this ideology I still like the music, after this Behexen, Hell Militia and finally Tsjuder.
31.05.2008 - 09:18
Reborn Nemesis
I'll go with Nokturnal Mortum... I think their music is great, and apart from that I'm not really a big fan of any other band in the list...
----
... For blood I hunger, possessed by the dark...

... No remorse, I'll tear your flesh apart...
03.06.2008 - 14:19
TheBigRossowski
Another black metal battle of the bands, but out of these bands it isn't too hard which is my favorite. FUNERAL MIST!!! Outstanding band!!! Honorable mention goes to Hell Militia and 1349!

The others are pretty good too though...
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
15.03.2009 - 10:42
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I gave my vote to Nokturnal Mortum, because although they are NS which i strictly criticize, their music is nice and more likely pagan i would say (i even cant find English lyrics, so i really cant say what they really sing about)...but Perun's Celestial Silver or Kolyada are nice tracks to listen and i bet if you don't know who is the author, you wont mind listening to it (if you are into pagan black of course)...it is similar to Kroda or Temnozor...i disagree with member's political views, but the music is somewhere else...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

15.03.2009 - 12:56
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Written by Lucas on 16.09.2007 at 14:24

Funeral Mist!

WHOA Lucas, Watch out. that could be considered spamming I think you need to elaborate
----
Coldgrits
15.03.2009 - 13:27
ToMegaTherion
Funeral Mist and 1349 from this list would be my favorite although I will admit some of these I have not heard a great deal from. 1349 got my vote because of the sonic bombarding they offer to the listener. Frost would indeed be one of my favorite drummer in the world which also has a great influence on my vote.

On the other hand I admire Funeral Mist's creativity. I wouldn't call them unique but certainly creative and with a differentness about them. I enjoy the mix of classical compositions and brutal black metal in the one song with something different in each; however, if Emperor were in this list they would get my vote for the same reasons except for their time, I would have called Emperor 'unique'
15.03.2009 - 13:52
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
I have to admit trhat i never heard of Hell Militia and Furze, but from the others i would choose Dødheimsgard, although It is very close because all of the listed bands have at least some great songs.
15.03.2009 - 15:41
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
Written by -DC-002- on 15.03.2009 at 12:56

Written by Lucas on 16.09.2007 at 14:24

Funeral Mist!

WHOA Lucas, Watch out. that could be considered spamming I think you need to elaborate

You are completely right!

to me.

Alright, so why Funeral Mist? Well, first of all, 1349 and Tsjuder sound completely lame to me. Behexen is a fun listen every once in a while, but they can't hold my attention for more than an album. Dodheimsgard never really did it for me, I listened to their Supervillein Outcast album and the album before/after (?) that about 1 year ago, and never felt the urge to listen to it again. Same with Furze. Hell Militia are, I must admit, unknown to me.

The better options: Nokturnal Mortum, Absu & Funeral Mist. Nokturnal Mortum quickly grew old to me, and they weren't all that great to me to begin with. Absu is a great band, but somewhat similar to Behexen in the sense that they hold my attention for only so long (nowadays). Don't get me wrong, Tara is a great album and there are a coule of killer songs on there, but well... Funeral Mist released Devilry & Salvation. I mean, come on... That's evil right there.

I hope that's enough elaboration for you.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
18.10.2009 - 13:54
Kimiwind
Speed Metal God
I had to choose btw Tsjuder and Nokturnal Mortum !! well did for tsjuder for simple reason !! this band know how to play a raw black metal ( without keyboard and clean vocals ) they rule the field in my opinion there song ghoul one of the greatest black metal songs ever !! and they are so awesome live !! i felt sad when they split up !! but they left behind a great music i still enjoy there brutality i cannot find in nowadays's bands !!
----
Wintermoon Calls you, Follow It And You Will Be Proud Forever.
05.12.2009 - 07:13
SatyriconChick
1349, of course.
05.12.2009 - 15:09
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
What is wrong with you people... Salvation is one of the best Black Metal albums that I've heard in my life.. It's pure chaos and blasphemy right there.

That debut is pure gold.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
21.02.2010 - 03:12
Morka Graven
I played it safe and clicked 1349 even if it could be a bit more cliche than the rest.
----
We can't keep on fighting in a world where nothing is of importance.
24.02.2010 - 18:24
SerratedSyringe
Absu is my first choice, then 1349.
----
Just another cog in this infernal machine....
25.02.2010 - 00:14
regallmigthy
1349's newst album was a not as great as there last stuff, but they are still amazing
10.04.2012 - 11:36
Nokturnal Mortum.
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter