Metal Storm logo
Angra - Release Clip From Upcoming DVD

The Brazilians Angra celebrated the 20th anniversary of the release of their 1993 debut album Angels Cry this August with a show in São Paulo which was recorded and will be released on November 26th as the Angels Cry 20th Anniversary Tour DVD+CD. For now, you can watch below a performance clip of the song "Stand Away" featuring Tarja Turunen singing with Fabio Lione.

Angels Cry 20th Anniversary Tour will be released as a separate DVD and a double CD, containing over 20 tracks in total and extra behind-the-scenes footage captured during the latest tour. The trailer is also available below. More details about this release can be found here.

Source: angra.net
Band profile: Angra
Posted: 16.11.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 94 users
16.11.2013 - 13:59
Empyror

Further proof that Fabio Lione is the best power metal singer in the world. His range and tone quality are amazing. I'd say I want him to take the permanent vocalist job for Angra, but I doubt he could do Rhapsody AND Angra. I'm glad they atleast did a proper recording with him on vocals though, as I have tried listening to crappy youtube clips since he has been touring with them, wishing they would do something like this. They should get Andre Matos back or get Thiago B. from Shaman, who sounds like a cross between Matos and Falaschi.
16.11.2013 - 20:29
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
I really hope Angra gets its act together quickly. They used to be one of the most important power metal bands from the 90s, and released high quality stuff in the early 2000's. Unfortunately everything post Temple of Shadows has been crap, and Matos hasn't released a good album since Ritual. Its been 10 years without a quality Angra or Matos album.
----
16.11.2013 - 20:32
juanopereira

Written by Empyror on 16.11.2013 at 13:59

Further proof that Fabio Lione is the best power metal singer in the world. His range and tone quality are amazing. I'd say I want him to take the permanent vocalist job for Angra, but I doubt he could do Rhapsody AND Angra. I'm glad they atleast did a proper recording with him on vocals though, as I have tried listening to crappy youtube clips since he has been touring with them, wishing they would do something like this. They should get Andre Matos back or get Thiago B. from Shaman, who sounds like a cross between Matos and Falaschi.

Agreed
16.11.2013 - 21:28
DeathSlyzer

I've been feeling the exact same way. Fabio is such a good singer. And if anybody could take Edu Falaschi's place, it would be him. Although his style is very different from Edu's, you can sometimes hear similarities. The new album from Hollow Haze where Fabio is singing has it's moment when you might think of Angra a little here and there. I do agree with you on the question if he should take the permanent job. If he did, he would not only have Rhapsody and Angra, but also Vision Divine and Hollow Haze to think about, which is a lot for one man to take care of.

This performance was great though, and I cannot wait to hear how he does the other songs!
----
I sold my soul to any fool who'd buy it!
What's it gonna take to make you riot!?
16.11.2013 - 22:33
LordHypnos
Account deleted
Fabio sings like Pavarotti
16.11.2013 - 23:53
Titan1930

Written by DeathSlyzer on 16.11.2013 at 21:28

I've been feeling the exact same way. Fabio is such a good singer. And if anybody could take Edu Falaschi's place, it would be him. Although his style is very different from Edu's, you can sometimes hear similarities. The new album from Hollow Haze where Fabio is singing has it's moment when you might think of Angra a little here and there. I do agree with you on the question if he should take the permanent job. If he did, he would not only have Rhapsody and Angra, but also Vision Divine and Hollow Haze to think about, which is a lot for one man to take care of.

This performance was great though, and I cannot wait to hear how he does the other songs!

i hear the rumor they will be recording together a new album with Lione in the future; and about Andre Matos, he says in an interview on a brasil magazine that angra talk with him but it seems the friendship between him and the former members of Angra ended the day he left the band is a shame but is impossible to see the old Angra together again.
17.11.2013 - 01:38
Empyror

I had not heard that Matos had turned them down. That is disappointing to hear. As for Lione, I can't imagine him being a permanent replacement and balancing Rhapsody, Vision Divine, Hollow Haze and Angra on top of all his other little guest spots he sings for bands here and there as well. His other 3 bands are all based out of Italy where he lives so it is probably a little easier to stay in touch and write and rehearse with them, but with Angra being based far away in Brazil...that just seems like too much for a single human being to handle. Then again, maybe he isn't human.
17.11.2013 - 04:04
DeathSlyzer

Fabio might be God! There is a chance...

"Hallelujar" I say! "Praise the Lord Godamnit!!"
----
I sold my soul to any fool who'd buy it!
What's it gonna take to make you riot!?
17.11.2013 - 10:20
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Wow, this woulda been epic if the mixing was a bit better. The guitars are shallow and weak and the strings are barely audible..
----
pewpew.. gotcha
17.11.2013 - 11:18
Alexi da Power

Metal Opera!!

Hits total: 3196 | This month: 6