Metal Storm logo
Ulver - Collaboration With Sunn O))) Due In February

Prepare to be blown away. A few days ago, Southern Lord Recordings teased a new collaboration between Ulver and creepy drone outfit Sunn O))) and today we finally learn more about it. The pair's long standing camaraderie was initiated during Sunn O)))'s 2003 White1 sessions with the track "CutWOODED" which was produced by Ulver, in tribute to deceased film director Ed Wood. The result of this new union is a three-track recording entitled Terrestrials. Yes, it is happening.

Southern Lord will release Terrestrials in February 2014. Over the course of the next month, more will be revealed about this alliance and how the recording came to be.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Ulver
Posted: 18.11.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 108 users
18.11.2013 - 20:46
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Woah, gotta have to watch out for. This is sweet.
18.11.2013 - 20:55
Jiri

This should be... relaxing...
18.11.2013 - 20:59
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Would have preferred something from Sunn O))) on their own to be honest. I think Ulver will just water them down. Still though, better than nothing at all.
18.11.2013 - 20:59
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
This should be awesome.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
19.11.2013 - 00:28
Unhealer
Eclecticist
I think exactly the opposite to Joe, with Sunn O))) adding a great chance of taking this to levels of boredom that I probably won't enjoy. But let's discard that thought and hope for something interesting at least
19.11.2013 - 05:32
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Last Ulver was nothing but a Ghosts I-IV clone and whereas I've never heard Sunn O))), I do think this ain't gonna be the most happening release of next year. Anyways an interesting collab.
19.11.2013 - 08:25
Monolithic
♠♠♠
Written by 3rdWorld on 19.11.2013 at 05:32

Last Ulver was nothing but a Ghosts I-IV clone and whereas I've never heard Sunn O))), I do think this ain't gonna be the most happening release of next year. Anyways an interesting collab.

Yeah their most recent release wasn't really convincing that much. I'm looking forward to see what comes out of this collaboration.

Hits total: 1977 | This month: 5