Metal Storm logo
Abysmal Torment

08.01.2007 - 14:53
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
An awesome Brutal death metal act from Malta. And a fucking BRUTAL one at that, they've released an EP (2004) - Incised Wound Suicide, and a full length (2006) - Epoch of Methodic Carnage

Have to say they are one of my favourite brtual acts at the moment and the album 'Epoch of Methodic Carnage' has to be one of my favourite releases of 2006. The dual gutteral vocals are killer to hear, and the riffs are intense adds a few heavy catchy break downs, and the drumming.... well thats just insane.

I know there are fans hear, so please continue...
----

Hellcunt Smurf
08.01.2007 - 16:59
Basso
Account deleted
Theese guys are really great. I have only heard Epoch of Methodic Carnage, but that is some insanly catchy and brutal stuff. Great band !
08.01.2007 - 23:38
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Well, here is my obligatory post for a band I like. Epoch has been on my "to buy list" forever, but I finally ordered it a few days ago. Hopefully it arrives soon.

The vocals make me happy
09.01.2007 - 00:04
Stigmatized
Oh yeah, Epoch of Methodic Carnage slays. One of my favorite albums of 2006. I need to hear Incised Wound Suicide, but if it's as good as Epoch, I won't be dissapointed.
13.01.2007 - 08:46
Herzebeth

indeed, a fucked up band with a great album...damn it's so fucking cool to be a reviewer here, I get all this things for free hohoho
----
12.03.2008 - 10:04
ABUSOR
Account deleted
Abysmal Torment are an awesome Brutal Death Metal band from Malta.. I have their MCD 5 track release Incised Wound Suicide, its a real brutal album....
19.04.2009 - 00:33
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I listened to the first five songs on their new album, Omnicide, and it's pretty fucking sick. They took a slightly more slam approach, with the end result reminding me of a mix between Wormed, Devourment, and Waco Jesus. The production is a little odd but it has a lot of bass so it's all good.
04.05.2009 - 04:09
Stigmatized
The new album has really grown on me. As pyro said, the production is a little strange, at least at first. After hearing the album a few times the production still sounds different but still sounds like the same Abysmal Torment.
18.05.2009 - 21:59
Cyclos
Account deleted
I still have to listen to Omnicide, but Incised and Epoch were very decent works.
23.08.2010 - 08:02
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
So I guess their drummer, Wayne Vella, died a couple of days ago at age 25

Wikipedia:
On 17th August 2010, drummer Wayne Vella died in an accident after being trapped under the 'bucket' of a small bulldozer in an industrial zone near Blata l-Gholja in Mosta.
23.08.2010 - 12:10
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Dangerboner on 23.08.2010 at 08:02

So I guess their drummer, Wayne Vella, died a couple of days ago at age 25

Wikipedia:
On 17th August 2010, drummer Wayne Vella died in an accident after being trapped under the 'bucket' of a small bulldozer in an industrial zone near Blata l-Gholja in Mosta.

O_O

Wow... just...
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
24.08.2010 - 23:05
Stigmatized
Damn, that's a bad way to die. Sick drummer too. RIP.