Metal Storm logo
Anette Olzon - Releasing First Solo Album In 2014

earMUSIC has snatched another former Nightwish singer. After signing Tarja, now it's time for Anette Olzon, who has announced the release of her debut solo album Shine for February 28th, 2014 via the label. Anette Olzon has been the frontwoman of Finnish symphonic metallers Nightwish for five years before parting ways with the band in late 2012.

Anette Olzon says: "I am so thrilled to finally release my first solo album. I've been working on it for a long time by now... The album is very personal with songs I have started writing already in 2009 but also very recent songs. The overall message of the album is that life can be really dark and filled with hardship and sadness, but you can always choose to see some light coming through, to make you stronger and full of life - making you Shine... no matter what."

"In the end, it is a rock album. Well, a pop rock album maybe, or would you call it pop metal?"

"'Does it sound like Nightwish?' It's the question that everybody would probably like to ask... It doesn't but it definitely does, would be the most accurate answer" according to the label.

Source: ear-music.net
Posted: 01.12.2013 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 170 users
01.12.2013 - 13:46
PocketMetal

"The overall message of the album is that life can be really dark and filled with hardship and sadness, but you can always choose to see some light coming through, to make you stronger and full of life - making you Shine... no matter what."

#CaptainObvious #YouDontSay
I do hope it's not metal at all 'cause her "metal" voice is unbearable , but she is better on slower songs. I'm not keeping my hopes up though.
01.12.2013 - 15:01
Westvann

Meh. Interesting, but I have a felling this is going to be mediocre at best. Time will show.
01.12.2013 - 15:35
LascaillesShroud

I am excited, I loved her on both albums she recorded with Nightwish. Tarja has gone on to an awesome solo career, I hope the same for her as well.
01.12.2013 - 16:51
Gothmog_Motsham

Why does everyone that leaves Nightwish wanna make their own solo stuff? She should like become a nun or something
01.12.2013 - 17:26
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Dafuq !
----
The Fangirl.
01.12.2013 - 23:07
mikeprado30

She could do something à la Loreena McKennitt or Blackmore's Night, or something bad as Liv Kristine solo albums
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
03.12.2013 - 12:13
Windrider
Raureif
Pop metal... this will be such a shitty album...
06.12.2013 - 07:19
bananajerk2016

I used to follow Anette's blog quite a bit when she was still in NW. She always likes to talk about how it was always her dream to be a singer, etc. It's almost like she just used Nightwish as a stepping stone for her own career and personal gain. Then when she thought she was finally good enough to make it on her own, she cut them loose. We'll never know the real reason she left the band beyond her pregnancy. I still love Anette and she has proven to be a great guest vocalist for a lot of artists (Swallow the Sun most recently). But I'm skeptical about her solo stuff. She has a few good demos floating around YouTube, but yeah...guess we will have to wait until February to find out!

Hits total: 2434 | This month: 2