Metal Storm logo
Severed Savior

09.01.2007 - 00:33
Stigmatized
Severed Savior are a Brutal Death Metal band from San Francisco, CA. They have a full-length album out, entitled "Brutality is Law" and an EP, "Forced to Bleed". Really good stuff, worthy of praise. Anymore fans here?
09.01.2007 - 00:47
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
These guys play a nice blend of technical brutal death metal. They are technical, but not the annoying and flashy "we're so fucking talented and cocky" type, but actually focus on making their songs sound good. Surprisingly, this band is one of my favorite live acts. I remember after one song ended, pretty much everyone in the pit was on the ground....that's how intense they are live...and the lead singer just looked at us and laughed.
09.01.2007 - 18:29
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Definatly worth of praise. They have neat technical riffs without being too technical about it not pushing them into the tech death genre. They actually remind me a little of Suffocation because of the sound of them overall (ie: song structure, style the growls are delivered, guitars with a little technicality)... or is it just me with this thought? Probably is but ohwell
----

Hellcunt Smurf
10.01.2007 - 01:32
Stigmatized
I guess I can see where you're coming from, but other than the fact that they're DM I don't really hear resemblence.
10.01.2007 - 02:08
spirit_inblack
harshhead
California has a lot of great death metal bands, and these guys rank about 4th or 5th in my favorite death bands from Cali. The are a step above your standard dm because of the technicality. Man, I wish I could go to the California death-fest...
10.01.2007 - 15:41
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
@Dream Of Hate, yeah thought it was just me listening more to them today, and I my views have changed. I said this after listening to the album again after a couple weeks from last hearing it, and after listening to 'Souls To Deny'.

@spirit_inblack, your not the only one. The bands that ive heard that are on the line up looks to be a MASSIVE show.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
10.01.2007 - 15:45
Stigmatized
@Xtreme Jax- Well, that makes sense.

@spirit_inblack- Yeah, the California Death Fest would be fucking awesome to go to.
13.01.2007 - 04:54
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
It seems like these guys are constantly touring. I'm hoping for a new album by them soon.
19.01.2007 - 05:14
Sepulchral Oath
Account deleted
Awesome, a thread about Severed Savior. These guys kick ass, id say one of the best modern US brutal death metal bands right now.
15.02.2007 - 14:39
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Because they released a one track demo last year, think they'll be releasing anything soon?
----

Hellcunt Smurf
17.02.2007 - 03:15
Stigmatized
Well, "Brutality is Law" has been out since 2003, so I think a new album will come out in 2007.
18.02.2007 - 18:19
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
4 years since last full length and a demo last year... Think they're are over due. Fingers cross they do release something bigger this year, or give us some news on the'yre status whether they're still together or working on material.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
31.05.2007 - 13:50
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Got 'Forced To Bleed' from a friend the other day, its pretty good too. The production isnt as clear on 'Brutality Is Law' but taht expected as its their earlier EP. Pretty catchy IMO, riffs are chunky and vocals are hoarse and gutteral which is the we like our brutal bands. I was expecting alot more killer blast beats but actually glad on how it turned out.

Just wish we had some news on a new album
----

Hellcunt Smurf
01.06.2007 - 01:07
Stigmatized
Written by Xtreme Jax on 31.05.2007 at 13:50

Got 'Forced To Bleed' from a friend the other day, its pretty good too. The production isnt as clear on 'Brutality Is Law' but taht expected as its their earlier EP. Pretty catchy IMO, riffs are chunky and vocals are hoarse and gutteral which is the we like our brutal bands. I was expecting alot more killer blast beats but actually glad on how it turned out.

Just wish we had some news on a new album

Dude, I've got to hear that. I've been trying to find it forever, as you know.
16.03.2008 - 07:30
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
wtf....the Odious Mortem singer is in Severed Savior now, and Dusty is out. I had no idea that happened until just now.
25.03.2008 - 04:26
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I sent them a message asking about the new album, and they said that it should be out in June. They said that they're halfway done mixing and recording vocals, but are suffering from limited studio time and have to record on random days. Getting a new vocalist and writing the lyrics for the songs were the biggest reason for the delay though. Hopefully the end result is good...
18.08.2008 - 19:10
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Written by Dangerboner on 16.03.2008 at 07:30

wtf....the Odious Mortem singer is in Severed Savior now, and Dusty is out. I had no idea that happened until just now.

Well lets hope he does justice to the band, i know that his vox are killer with Odious Mortem. But how come Dusty left ?
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
18.08.2008 - 19:37
MathC
Account deleted
Good stuff, Brutality is Law is a great album. As mentionned bbefore in this thread, it's cool to see a bend that blends technical dm with brutal dm without sounding like an annoying technical wankery.
06.09.2008 - 03:53
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
They put a second new song on their MySpace page. It seems like the new album will be quite the follow up.
06.09.2008 - 07:43
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
I just listened to the new track and it is ... really good. It seems that they have recorded new versions of 3 older songs coming from Forced To Bleed which in my opinion is even better than Brutality Is Law. Anyways i'm preordering the package deal
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
07.09.2008 - 10:39
marakon
I just listened the new tracks and i think they sounded really tight. I knew that this band has been around quite a few years but the new songs are really impressing me. Artwork is great too.