Metal Storm logo
Brutality

09.01.2007 - 14:42
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Brutality is an old school Floridan Death Metal.

They've released three full lengths and a heap of demos early on in their career. I only have their first full length 'Screams Of Anguish' and its definalty worth listening to if you into the Floridan death metal scene, and Morbid Angel works.

They've got good guitar work with catchy solos, anyone else into Brutaliy?
----

Hellcunt Smurf
09.01.2007 - 21:32
Southern Wind
Account deleted
"When The Sky Turns Black" is brilliant shit, very obscure death metal with a truly rotten ambience... somehow it makes me remember Nocturnus, although the music delivered by Brutality is far more primitive... I had been looking for other albums by them.
10.01.2007 - 06:26
Mega-Slayer

Wow,awesome to see a thread for Brutality,I purchased "Screams Of Anguish" around a week ago,was searching forever,if you ever see it you must purchase it.It is coming from japan,so I am really fucking excited to get my hands on it.I have managed to find the tracks "Ceremonial Unearthing",Cryptorium" and "Spawned Illusion",truly one of a kind soloing,I also enjoy the drummers style of rapid bursts of blasting,similar to Lee Harrison.Its cool how such a great slab of death metal emerged so late in the scene.
----

Intestinally Punctured Smurf
05.11.2007 - 18:51
Dr. Seuss
Account deleted
The utterly-destroying death fanatics from florida. I have Screams Of Anguish on LP and a shirt with the same cover, love that cover. I should check out their latter albums too, only heard the deubt so far, but I'm likin' it!
06.11.2007 - 17:58
Deadsoulman

I found When The Sky Turns Black on eBay a few months ago, no way I would let that pass. This is an awesome old school US death metal album, both catchy and creepy, with a good technical level. It's almost criminal how this band has been underrated and has gone almost unnoticed while the rest of Floridian DM bands gained all the success. They're one of the best to come out of that scene, in my opinion of course.
30.11.2007 - 11:52
ylside

Heard only Screams of Anguish but it blew me away, it has a special "square" feeling to it all over. Great album really.
01.12.2007 - 10:52
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Written by ylside on 30.11.2007 at 11:52

Heard only Screams of Anguish but it blew me away, it has a special "square" feeling to it all over. Great album really.

"Square" feeling?
----

Hellcunt Smurf
01.12.2007 - 10:54
ylside

Don't have any better word haha. The drums make the whole thing sound very organized, thus "square". Just don't bother
01.12.2007 - 11:35
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Haha, fair enough. Good to see others knowing about them. Unfortunatly, very underrated.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
01.12.2007 - 17:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
IMO its one of forgotten bands of DM I w seven forggot about them but I know album ''Screams Of Anguish'' maybe others but its long since i listened them
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
29.04.2010 - 07:41
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
I'm currently listening to this band and they sound great! I just have The Chasm's radio up on Last.fm and Brutality's song "Cryptorium" from their debut started playing. Great old school Death Metal!
----
The force will be with you, always.
29.04.2010 - 08:42
Mikyz

I've been listening to those guys for a while now, unfortunately they are very underrated because of all the other bands that appeared during the expansion of the 90s DM scene. Screams of Anguish has a very unique atmosphere for an ODM album, Brutal yet soothing at times.
----
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.